Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What’s your craziest crash in a vehicle story?

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Those bikes are wicked fast and the running joke up north here is many riders think their expert riders till the find the curves and their laying in the woods and or on the road.
They are wicked all around, and not very forgiving, You have to keep your mind way out front of the action. And any small thing can end with you in the ditch. I have seen experts and rookies alike pile them up.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Not a crash, maybe not even crazy, but...

This happened on that same twisty 2-laner that I bent a door on, and with the same little MGB convertible.
But this time it was very early morning and in the dead of winter, so instead of driving as fast as the car would go, I was only driving as fast as I could. Which was still plenty fast.

Came over a crest, and at the bottom was a bus stop. See a pattern here? Well, this time there was a cop standing next to his patrol car, holding the "Stop" sign that European police used.

First thought: What the hell is a cop doing out here this time of night? Hadn't seen another car for 10 miles.
Second thought: There's no way I'll get stopped in time on the snow. But with another 10 miles to go...and he has a radio...yeah, I better try.

Needless to say, I went past him still at a decent clip, while slowing down the best I could. No biggie, I knew the road very well, so it was just a matter of backing up a couple of hundred yards.
Now, this driving fast in very cold weather had resulted in that the only the windshield wasn't frosted over, so I couldn't see anything behind me or to the sides.

Knowing that there couldn't possibly be anyone behind me, I backed up as fast as I could, staying on the road by looking out the windshield.
Okay, I must be getting close, I thought. Sure enough, a second later I saw the bus stop and his car in the right corner of the windshield.

Hit the brakes, getting ready to drive forward a bit, when I saw the officer come climbing out of the ditch, completely snow covered. Oops.

Naturally he asked why I was driving so fast. I responded that there was no traffic, so...
He said "What if I had been a moose?" I answered with "Well, nothing happened, right?"
His response: "What if the moose had jumped the wrong way?"

Apparently I had missed that he'd jumped into the ditch the first time I drove by, possibly not trusting my driving skills, and then again when I came back in Reverse and couldn't see anything.

Oddly enough, I never got a ticket or even had to show my license (although he probably knew who I was anyway). And I have no idea what he was doing out there about 2 AM in the first place. Obviously it wasn't me they were looking for.

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
When I was 19 I got very fortunate.

We (friend who was driving, his girlfriend, me, girl I was with, and one of my best friends girlfriend) were headed out to the "spot" where we raced.

He had a mustang and had just put a new suspension on it. Needless to say this is in the middle of BFE...2 land road with forest lining it. We were coming off a corner at what HP estimated to be 130mph and 2 deer ran out in front of us. Everything seemed to go in slow motion....

I remember for the first time in my life being scared. After impact he lost control of the car and we hit a tree at which point I was knocked out. Was later told after initial impact car flipped end over end approx 3 times, then rolled on it's side.

Woke up to find my clothes being cut off and paramedics over me. Other than soreness, a scar on my head, and a scar on my finger I was fine.

Car had a cage and harnesses in it. Driver and his girlfriend actually walked away from it.

My best friends girlfriend was killed. She was thrown from the car (like we all were in the backseat because none of us had our seatbelt on) and hit a tree. Broke everything from the waist up. Girl I was with was ok.

I held onto a lot of guilt after that. We all loaded in the backseat behind the driver and I happen to be last in and my best friend's girlfriend was first.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I was 19 I got very fortunate.

We (friend who was driving, his girlfriend, me, girl I was with, and one of my best friends girlfriend) were headed out to the "spot" where we raced.

He had a mustang and had just put a new suspension on it. Needless to say this is in the middle of BFE...2 land road with forest lining it. We were coming off a corner at what HP estimated to be 130mph and 2 deer ran out in front of us. Everything seemed to go in slow motion....

I remember for the first time in my life being scared. After impact he lost control of the car and we hit a tree at which point I was knocked out. Was later told after initial impact car flipped end over end approx 3 times, then rolled on it's side.

Woke up to find my clothes being cut off and paramedics over me. Other than soreness, a scar on my head, and a scar on my finger I was fine.

Car had a cage and harnesses in it. Driver and his girlfriend actually walked away from it.

My best friends girlfriend was killed. She was thrown from the car (like we all were in the backseat because none of us had our seatbelt on) and hit a tree. Broke everything from the waist up. Girl I was with was ok.

I held onto a lot of guilt after that. We all loaded in the backseat behind the driver and I happen to be last in and my best friend's girlfriend was first.

I try to remember things like this when I'm driving

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Okay not crazy, just a funny low speed crash. I was driving my Karman Ghia and looking for a Volkswagen repair/body shop in Ann Arbor in '72. Going down a two lane one way street about 30 mph. I catch the place out of the corner of my eye and make a quick swerve into the left lane so as not to miss its entrance. I didn't see the Beetle flying up from behind in that lane. We both take evasive action and end up going over the curb and the Beetle hits a street sign. The owner of the shop comes running out and yells, "Oh boy, two of them! "

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Damn man! Only been in 2 accidents 1. Lady pulled out in front of me doing 20. 2. Doing 70 on my Fatboy got cut off and in a coma for a week. Got lucky wasn't my time yet.
Damn @Beast707...coma for a week. What a story. Be well sir...

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I try to remember things like this when I'm driving
Yes amazing the things "we" lived through in our younger days. I can remember riding in the back of pickup trucks doing 100 going to out of town football games in high school.

I haven't thought about that accident in many years and typing it out yesterday had me seeing flashbacks all night last night. Crazy how everything went in slow motion when I saw the deer. Also crazy to think how at that young age didn't occur to me that anything could possibly happen to us. I've always been an animal lover and my first question was did the deer survive. There was no possible scenario in my mind that any of us could have gotten hurt, much less killed.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Terrible, terrible thing happened when I was 15. Back when our, brother and I, were in military acadameee. He was going for 6 year president and I was attempting to get thrown out. School has no place in this country with no girls. What the hell.
Lookout Mountain, Tenn 350 feet above the nearest rock. My dumd ass drunkin bro takes mom's new 64 cuda and descides to drive off the mountain. Came damn close. But those steel cables you see on the sides of the old roads,,, they work. I'm not mad cause it almost killed me,,, I'm pissed he totaled the damn car. Bran new. He hit the cables and the con crete posts and I went thru the wind shield. Picking glass out of my ass and cut all to pieces. I looked down from the hood of the car 350 feet straight down at sum mean ass rocks. Car is tee tering and walbeling and I am on the hood cut up. Then he had the balls to try and back up and untangle the car with me on the hood. I voted him dumb ass for life. We did not get another cuda after that. Dumb ass.