Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Uconnect and performance pages gone?

Mattg

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Allentown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
This morning in my email i received this:
Will this mean the end to my performance pages as well?

Dear Matthew G,

Important Legal Notification about Uconnect Access Services for your 2015 SRT 2C3CDXLXXXXXXXXX
As a valued customer, we want to make you aware of changes that will impact the Uconnect® Access services in your vehicle in the near future. The Uconnect Access system in your vehicle operates on the Sprint 3G CDMA wireless network. This network is scheduled to shut down on or around January 1, 2022.

What this means for you:
The capacity and coverage of the Sprint 3G CDMA Network is expected to change between now and the time that the Sprint 3G CDMA Network is fully decommissioned. Once decommissioned, the features of the Uconnect Access Advantage Package will no longer operate in your vehicle, including the ability to make 911 calls depending on your location.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Gee Thanks

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No it just means you car will not be able to make SOS calls , no more updates, or any feature that requires using the 3G cellular network . You performance pages and other app will still be there and working .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Perf pages should work fine. Pretty sure Sprint was purchased by T-Mobile and the coverages have increased anyway. It is now 5G and that’s why the 3G wont work soon. I don’t think anything will change for you. Sounds like theyre just letting you know that the 3G will be discontinued and you may lose some functions for a while until youre switched over to 5G. Just a guess based on the fact that theyare now T-Mobile and 5G.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hell I get pissed simply because the performance pages always say 'waiting to load' after startup and I cant get my virtual gauges immediately. If they stopped working altogether, I'd definitely be an unhappy camper.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I was reading yesterday that all of the 3G providers will be following suit, they need the band allocation to expand current tech the same way they did TV signals....Also the same as they did to analog phones.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Like everyone said, Performance Pages will not be affected. Just the cell connection stuff (SOS, vehicle health status, app remote start/lock/unlock) won't work anymore.

If anyone uses the overpriced Guardian Service I was getting emails that they are offering a 4G upgrade to keep the services connected. A little googling says it's just a dongle that plugs into your OBD2 port. Not sure if it's only available for specific model years, mine was a '17.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
^^I would not want to have to plug in another device thru the OBD port...seems like there should be a way to use your cell as a hotspot and just use it to communicate for the functions that require cell comm.

OP
Mattg

Mattg

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Allentown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
I figured that the 15's would be SOL. A firmware update would help if possible give us the Appleplay. absolutely against plugging anything into my ports from another vendor. Can't guarantee that the car would be "safe" from being hacked.

A year or so ago i let my Uconnect lapse and the perf pages were not avail since i did not have a subscription active. That's one of the reasons i am concerned. Now you can't get a yearly subscription, it is monthly only. No worries since it is going away anyway. ( I guess)
So i hope your correct in saying my pages will still be there.

Matt

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
^^I would not want to have to plug in another device thru the OBD port...seems like there should be a way to use your cell as a hotspot and just use it to communicate for the functions that require cell comm.
Except the car is set up to be the hotspot and not the other way around. Plus even if that did work, once you remove your phone from the vehicle, the car is now 'unplugged' from the network and can't be remote started from the app (since that seems to be the primary useable feature for cell connection).

You're right though, even if I wanted the cell connection I wouldn't want another thing plugged into the OBD2.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I figured that the 15's would be SOL. A firmware update would help if possible give us the Appleplay. absolutely against plugging anything into my ports from another vendor. Can't guarantee that the car would be "safe" from being hacked.

A year or so ago i let my Uconnect lapse and the perf pages were not avail since i did not have a subscription active. That's one of the reasons i am concerned. Now you can't get a yearly subscription, it is monthly only. No worries since it is going away anyway. ( I guess)

Matt
If they do go away for some reason I'd get a hold of FCA. They need to make that right.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Matt
What will go away is the extra things you were getting with that paid Uconnect subscription, like being able to download the data from the pages, SOS etc.

The PP themselves should still be active, tho I do recall ppl having issues when they dropped the subscription and the PP would quit working.
There was some work around for that that required contacting Uconnect & them doing something to 'release' the system so the built in function would work again. If I were you, I'd drop the subscription at least a month or 2 before it expires to be sure you have the ability to resolve any issues before 3G goes away.
Once gone, you are SOL & they won't give a shit about your issues !

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Matt
Perf pages are 100% not a subscription based feature. Uconnect subscription lapsing has zero to do with perf pages.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Also, You could use Alpha OBD app and turn on pages if they turned off...BUT, I 100% agree they should stay with existing protocol. Hell, I even was able to add feature to my 300S.

OP
Mattg

Mattg

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Allentown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
What will go away is the extra things you were getting with that paid Uconnect subscription, like being able to download the data from the pages, SOS etc.

The PP themselves should still be active, tho I do recall ppl having issues when they dropped the subscription and the PP would quit working.
There was some work around for that that required contacting Uconnect & them doing something to 'release' the system so the built in function would work again. If I were you, I'd drop the subscription at least a month or 2 before it expires to be sure you have the ability to resolve any issues before 3G goes away.
Once gone, you are SOL & they won't give a shit about your issues !

good idea