Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

U0402 help!

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
So I am getting two codes. One if I do a burnout a little too long and a P something pops up. But the big one is the tcm code. It is shutting everything down to limp mode at about 125 mph. U0402. Diablo states it is probably a bad converter. But I had this code pop up a couple of years ago and it magically fixed it self. I just had a new transmission installed. So the dealer is going to take her back and run some diagnostics on the tcm. Does this have anything to do with the tune or is it a bad tcm/valve body or bad converter?

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I would check for a
Faulty Transmission Control Module 1st or lose connection

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Following

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #4
Well if you go to you tube tv and do a search “Tucson Wednesday night drags” you will see me run 12 minutes into the video. I lifted the front wheels momentarily and backed off and got back on it again and then at 1100 feet it went into limp mode and finished at only 125 mph at 9.8. Normally I can go 144 at a da of 5000 feet. My friend and service advisor at Chrysler thinks it is the valve body. It goes in Tuesday. But I also noticed on the passenger rear I dug into the metal with the slick. That also could set it off due to different wheel speeds and the Ecu trying to protect the transmission and me. I took the sledge today and took care of that.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
There is a harness that runs behind the liner in the rear on the passenger side. Was that hit?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country