Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The infamous rear seat delete cover plate finally arrived. One will be modded to work with my rear harness bar! Part number included in photos!

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thanks to the member who got me the part number for this extra rear plate I just ordered. When I called a parts distributor originally, I was told that it couldn't be ordered separately without getting the whole rear sear delete as one unit.

So thank you to the member that supplied me that info. In turn I will share it with you all, just in case you do something similar and want to trim the area out nice. If you don't, than save your self 15 bucks or so and don't mess with it. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Thank you for this post! Can you also post up a picture of what/where you had to trim to make it fit?
Thank you in advance...

LonestarHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Also curious to see where those plates fit

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for this post! Can you also post up a picture of what/where you had to trim to make it fit?
Thank you in advance...
You bet! I will post photos when I tackle the job. It will probably be a winter job for me to mess with at this point!

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #5
Also curious to see where those plates fit

If you look in my first photo I posted of the harness bar. You can see where the two short down tube braces tie into the body of the car in the rear seat delete hole. Actually you can see my original plastic trim plate lying right in front of the hole on the cargo net.

To put the harness bar in, that trim plate had to come out. I am going to take the new one I ordered and make a slot so that the trim plate can go back in to where it came from and make the unit look more finished out!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thanks to the member who got me the part number for this extra rear plate I just ordered. When I called a parts distributor originally, I was told that it couldn't be ordered separately without getting the whole rear sear delete as one unit.

So thank you to the member that supplied me that info. In turn will share it with you all, just in case you do something similar and want to trim the area out nice. If you don't, than save your self 15 bucks or so and don't mess with it. :)
That looks awesome! If you don’t mind me asking how much for the hole set up?

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #7
That looks awesome! If you don’t mind me asking how much for the hole set up?
Thanks, with the harness bar and the Dodge Viper mechanic install, I have like 850.00 in it. Took him near 3 hours and nothing is scratched up inside. They gave me a break on the price since it went over my quoted time! I am mounting my fire extinguisher soon on the front down tube that goes to the floor!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thanks, with the harness bar and the Dodge Viper mechanic install, I have like 850.00 in it. Took him near 3 hours and nothing is scratched up inside. They gave me a break on the price since it went over my quoted time! I am mounting my fire extinguisher soon on the front down tube that goes to the floor!
Is the harness bar through Mopar as well?

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #9
Is the harness bar through Mopar as well?
No it is from, AADperformance.com
Parker is a good guy and will take care of you there.

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I will second the great customer service from AAD.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
What does the harness bar do besides looking awesome? Is it for safety as well?
Sorry for all the questions.

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #12
What does the harness bar do besides looking awesome? Is it for safety as well?
Sorry for all the questions.
\

Well for running an over the shoulder belt harness for racing applications, not street use, if a person desires!

I would think it gives some structural rigidity as well, the way it triangulates into the hard points with bolts! And makes a good fire extinguisher mount :) Also for the race inspired look for car shows, without having to go all out with the special seats etc.

I also wondered about mounting a forward facing dash cam cock pit cam off of it but have not toyed with the set up yet. Easy to run the wires up the tubes etc. I would have to check heights etc as well as the lens spread from where it would sit. I can fabricate and TIG weld up a cool riser bracket on the front bolt stacks possibly!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
\

Well for running an over the shoulder belt harness for racing applications, not street use, if a person desires!

I would think it gives some structural rigidity as well, the way it triangulates into the hard points with bolts! And makes a good fire extinguisher mount :) Also for the race inspired look for car shows, without having to go all out with the special seats etc.

I also wondered about mounting a forward facing dash cam cock pit cam off of it but have not toyed with the set up yet. Easy to run the wires up the tubes etc. I would have to check heights etc as well as the lens spread from where it would sit.
Cool thx. Great another mod on the list. Lol
I like the look. Now just gotta pick color options or have it sent out to be Hydro Dipped. More $$$$$🙄

OP
Inrfire

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #14
Cool thx. Great another mod on the list. Lol
I like the look. Now just gotta pick color options or have it sent out to be Hydro Dipped. More $$$$$🙄
No problem, and that is the cool thing. You can do any color your want etc...I have had a lot of comments on the bar! People ask if it came that way and say it looks so cool! :)

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
No problem, and that is the cool thing. You can do any color your want etc...I have had a lot of comments on the bar! People ask if it came that way and say it looks so cool! :)
Im thinking hydro dipped in a red carbon fiber look.🔥🔥