Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Temptation and WTF Disabled Pit Manuever

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So, today I am visiting my offices, picking up checks and visiting with one repeat client. I, of course, am taking the HC today. Pulling out of one office to head to the meeting, I pull in behind this car in the left lane (not the turn lane) at a light and the right lane is open. This beautifully kept, white and gold Impreza WRX STI swings around my rear end (coming in from a 90 degree side street) and into the right lane, and gives a little vroom. He's not stock. I am almost late, but my blood starts pumping and decided I'd really like to run this guy. This a wide intersection and I'm thinking he'll probably head out pretty quick, I could swing right, pass the guy in front of me, and line up with this dude. But "business-dude" me says, can't be late for the customer. And it's a 30 MPH zone. And, there's water from a broken main in the middle of the highway, so I'd just spin like a dumbass anyway. So, "let's have a heart attack and race" me says, oh all right, spoil sport. Light changes and I stay in my lane. I did get lost on the way to the clients house because I was still torn, but sanity prevailed and the WRX was allowed to on without getting pounced on.

Later, after ascertaining that my POS imbalance in the fronts is still there at high speeds, and I'll have to do something about it next week despite not having the time, I am on my way back to the barn. I have this one section where there is a 90 sharp exit into a sweeping left, then a straight, then sweeping right. Limit is 55. I take that 90 at 40 (and that's pretty stout - pulls over a G on the car G-meter, for whatever that is worth) and get into on the sweeps and level off a little over 80 (which on this road, and with the proximity to law enforcement seems plenty fast). After another long straight road sweeps back left and a smaller road comes in at the end of the curve from the right, running straight as the straight at the end of the sweeper (so you can blast on that on "ramp" because you come out onto the straight, just as the curve ends). I'm still around 80 in the inside lane now and I see this guy in a white Ford sedan (I think) freaking moving on that on "ramp." He's way over the limit (which is like 30 or 40 or something). Gauging speed, I'll still pass him up but only as he comes into the right lane proper. So as I come up on him and he's entering the right lane, I realize he's got handicap tags, and then as I am front wheel to his rear wheel I realize holy shit he completely oblivious and he's continuing to sweep straight across into my lane. With my pent up velocity he should slam into the car at my right rear tire, pitting my ass perfectly, I mean text book. I steer further left and goose it a little (not for the speed, for the sound) as I prepare to nail the brakes if he keeps coming, but in that split second it clicks with him and he jerks back right. While there was the intellectual recognition of danger here, there is never any of the racing heart, high-blood pressure stuff that happens for me now with racing. I'm F-ed up like that. Anyway, I watch him in the rear view and I think he shook himself up a little. What I get for speeding; I'm sure he thought he was speeding so fast no one could come up on his side like that. After only deciding to keep the car at the beginning of may this would be the perfect celebration!

No fire works out there on the 4th, keep those cars safe.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Drivers today drive me Bat shit crazy! I don't even beat on my HC or drive crazy. Today like 4 times I'm in the fast lane(left)and 2 idiots doing 10 under the speed limit dead even can't get around! I swear 3 of the 4 times I can see in their side mirror they're fucking off on the phone.. I get so irritated with Chicagoland drivers I covered the Cat knowing I had to go out in 2hrs. and took the Wrangler. I'm not even really all that old and can't remember the last time I drove my HC at night. That's when the true Dipshits are out!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So, today I am visiting my offices, picking up checks and visiting with one repeat client. I, of course, am taking the HC today. Pulling out of one office to head to the meeting, I pull in behind this car in the left lane (not the turn lane) at a light and the right lane is open. This beautifully kept, white and gold Impreza WRX STI swings around my rear end (coming in from a 90 degree side street) and into the right lane, and gives a little vroom. He's not stock. I am almost late, but my blood starts pumping and decided I'd really like to run this guy. This a wide intersection and I'm thinking he'll probably head out pretty quick, I could swing right, pass the guy in front of me, and line up with this dude. But "business-dude" me says, can't be late for the customer. And it's a 30 MPH zone. And, there's water from a broken main in the middle of the highway, so I'd just spin like a dumbass anyway. So, "let's have a heart attack and race" me says, oh all right, spoil sport. Light changes and I stay in my lane. I did get lost on the way to the clients house because I was still torn, but sanity prevailed and the WRX was allowed to on without getting pounced on.

Later, after ascertaining that my POS imbalance in the fronts is still there at high speeds, and I'll have to do something about it next week despite not having the time, I am on my way back to the barn. I have this one section where there is a 90 sharp exit into a sweeping left, then a straight, then sweeping right. Limit is 55. I take that 90 at 40 (and that's pretty stout - pulls over a G on the car G-meter, for whatever that is worth) and get into on the sweeps and level off a little over 80 (which on this road, and with the proximity to law enforcement seems plenty fast). After another long straight road sweeps back left and a smaller road comes in at the end of the curve from the right, running straight as the straight at the end of the sweeper (so you can blast on that on "ramp" because you come out onto the straight, just as the curve ends). I'm still around 80 in the inside lane now and I see this guy in a white Ford sedan (I think) freaking moving on that on "ramp." He's way over the limit (which is like 30 or 40 or something). Gauging speed, I'll still pass him up but only as he comes into the right lane proper. So as I come up on him and he's entering the right lane, I realize he's got handicap tags, and then as I am front wheel to his rear wheel I realize holy shit he completely oblivious and he's continuing to sweep straight across into my lane. With my pent up velocity he should slam into the car at my right rear tire, pitting my ass perfectly, I mean text book. I steer further left and goose it a little (not for the speed, for the sound) as I prepare to nail the brakes if he keeps coming, but in that split second it clicks with him and he jerks back right. While there was the intellectual recognition of danger here, there is never any of the racing heart, high-blood pressure stuff that happens for me now with racing. I'm F-ed up like that. Anyway, I watch him in the rear view and I think he shook himself up a little. What I get for speeding; I'm sure he thought he was speeding so fast no one could come up on his side like that. After only deciding to keep the car at the beginning of may this would be the perfect celebration!

Your verbiage never gets old.
Love the story!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

Good one. You would like lapping it[clap][clap]

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Drivers today drive me Bat shit crazy! I don't even beat on my HC or drive crazy. Today like 4 times I'm in the fast lane(left)and 2 idiots doing 10 under the speed limit dead even can't get around! I swear 3 of the 4 times I can see in their side mirror they're fucking off on the phone.. I get so irritated with Chicagoland drivers I covered the Cat knowing I had to go out in 2hrs. and took the Wrangler. I'm not even really all that old and can't remember the last time I drove my HC at night. That's when the true Dipshits are out!
It's everywhere !! I didn't get 2 miles from my house yesterday & had to honk 2x at drivers wandering over the double yellow, coming at me head on ! Both were looking at their idiot phones.
Then I got behind some a-hole doing 25 in a 35 (that should be a 45) - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country