Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TBA pulleys / Adjustable idler / Green belt question.

Member ID
Reactions
City
chelsea
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Charger
I recently installed the TBA tensioner pulley and have installed the two TBA idler pulleys a while back. (Videos attached if interested)
I have seen a few people post in different threads and on Facebook about the Green belt being harder on the supercharger pulley and internals. My question is what is the differences between the stock black belt and the Gates Green belt besides it just being stronger? Any downfalls to installing the Green belt? I can not install the adjustable idler for more belt wrap until I get a longer belt. I have two different lengths of Green belt ready to go just wondering other peoples input that may have some experience here. I know I may not need the adjustable idler with my car being stock but I have also seen where many people are getting belt slip with the stop pulley. I don't plan on going extreme with it just a little extra belt wrap for piece of mind and to make sure i am getting all I can from the stock setup. Thanks again for any input you may have.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Only issue I have with the green belt is it is green

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I don't think it matters on the green belt but I like the black one better , the green gets dirty & will start to turn black anyway.
I did all their pullies too including their 2.85 & was able to use the factory black belt since I did the spacers & blanket.