Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tazer button remap issue.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
4F9D51D1-E064-46AB-BF2E-C67EC91DBB87.jpeg

After installing the buttons, I cannot remap them. I also cannot remap any other button by holding the left arrow and then hitting the button. The car is in Run with engine off when attempting remap. So at first I thought it was the Tazer, did a full reboot, still cannot remap. Okay backed up, maybe the firmware has bugs. Went back one revision on 2.5.x and that still did not work. Then went back one revision to 2.4.x and that did not work. Unmarried the tazer, updated the firmware back to latest 2.5.x and then it still would not work.

954BB19E-2DF6-4D1F-94AA-1CD2B0687671.jpeg

Does anyone else have a 2015 Hellcat Challenger and has successfully remapped the buttons?

Attachments

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Ask on LXF, too.

Let's go, Brandon!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It's been forever and a day since I did mine (which admittedly is on a 2016), BUT, what I do recall is that the process was only successful if the steps were followed exactly..

And the one that kept getting me was I didn't have the Driver's display on the correct screen, which made all of the difference in the world, as in working versus not working.

Sorry I couldn't help more...

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I've "almost" bought a tazer many times for my HC but there always seems to be problems peeps have..😖

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wish I could remember the process...but it worked flawlessly on my 18.

I have line lock, track mode and custom mapped to them.

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Ive also thought of getting a Tazer…but due to issues like this I’ve been hesitant. Mainly looking to gain line lock.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
It's been forever and a day since I did mine (which admittedly is on a 2016), BUT, what I do recall is that the process was only successful if the steps were followed exactly..

And the one that kept getting me was I didn't have the Driver's display on the correct screen, which made all of the difference in the world, as in working versus not working.

2016 as well, ditto above, its all in following the hard to understand steps exactly then it works. Mine is in the trunk 24/7 with HPT dongle in the front port 24/7 too. Make sure your HPT unit is not plugged in at the same time your mapping that may help.

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I’m curious if your using the Tazer or the Hellcat Burn Box? Looks like the Tazer’s main difference is to unlock SRT pages.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_bb_hc/

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Burnbox is really all you need for a Hellcat. Worth it all day long for the line lock. Anyone install a line lock on an older car, bending lines and wiring? This is plug and play:)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will be redoing mine this morning being I unhooked the battery last night to clear everything. I do have a burnbox but do remember having some issues the first time I did it. I also believe (will double check) but you have to have the screen on audio to set it up

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I bought one for my 16 charger and only used the line lock once since then on my 6speed. I'd like to get this set up on mine as well.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 56219

After installing the buttons, I cannot remap them. I also cannot remap any other button by holding the left arrow and then hitting the button. The car is in Run with engine off when attempting remap. So at first I thought it was the Tazer, did a full reboot, still cannot remap. Okay backed up, maybe the firmware has bugs. Went back one revision on 2.5.x and that still did not work. Then went back one revision to 2.4.x and that did not work. Unmarried the tazer, updated the firmware back to latest 2.5.x and then it still would not work.

View attachment 56221

Does anyone else have a 2015 Hellcat Challenger and has successfully remapped the buttons?

Any luck with this?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
View attachment 56219

View attachment 56221

I added the buttons on my 2017 & they work fine when I did use them.

OntHellCat

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
downtown Thamesford
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Programming the Line Lock and Fan/Intercooler Pump Cooldown was no issue for me on my 2018 Hellcat. Make sure you have your 'dash display' in the 'audio' screen. Then hold the left arrow button, and press the button you want to program. You may have to page through the options.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
I had the Tazer on my 2018 Scat pack and did map the Track, Sport to the Steering wheel Adaptive cruise control buttons with out using the sport page button and it mapped fine with adaptive cruise off.I used the bypass harness that wired in the trunk to the battery to install the tazer becuase on 2018 you cannot wire directly in the port like you could with pre 2018 models. Then after installing the vehicle had to be in run position and not running make sure you are in audio in evic then you can cycle thru the menu on the tazer setting by using arrow buttons. If I recall properly you go to mapping, press the button you want to map then press the button you want to map to and that's it cycle on thru to full boot allow the tazer to finish with full boot. Hope this helps you.. I miss this simple function so much on the new Hellcat. Such an easy function and I do not have the adaptive cruise on the Hellcat nor did it want. I don't not know about conversion of the dummie buttons on the steering wheel but sounds like an excellent idea to me. Good Luck.
Also have the Tazer on the 2019 Ram Truck and have no issues with it what so ever it does not use a harness to install like the 2018 Scat pack did. It also allows us to input gps data while the truck is moving so we don't have to stop and pull over while the wife inputs data. Only reason I bought it, it also allows fogs on with bright lights too which we live in rural area where lots of deer's are out on rain nights which is very useful function for us.

Last edited:
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16

Its cool.
Wish I could remember the process...but it worked flawlessly on my 18.

I have line lock, track mode and custom mapped to them.
Not flawlessly for me, anything but.
2016 as well, ditto above, its all in following the hard to understand steps exactly then it works. Mine is in the trunk 24/7 with HPT dongle in the front port 24/7 too. Make sure your HPT unit is not plugged in at the same time your mapping that may help.
On the most recent tries the tazer was the only thing on the bus still no go.
I’m curious if your using the Tazer or the Hellcat Burn Box? Looks like the Tazer’s main difference is to unlock SRT pages.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_bb_hc/
Tazer
Burnbox is really all you need for a Hellcat. Worth it all day long for the line lock. Anyone install a line lock on an older car, bending lines and wiring? This is plug and play:)
I agree!
I will be redoing mine this morning being I unhooked the battery last night to clear everything. I do have a burnbox but do remember having some issues the first time I did it. I also believe (will double check) but you have to have the screen on audio to set it up
Did yours work? Was on the audio screen in my posted video.
I bought one for my 16 charger and only used the line lock once since then on my 6speed. I'd like to get this set up on mine as well.
Good luck!
Any luck with this?
No, here is a video of a freshly married Tazer.
I added the buttons on my 2017 & they work fine when I did use them.
Programming the Line Lock and Fan/Intercooler Pump Cooldown was no issue for me on my 2018 Hellcat. Make sure you have your 'dash display' in the 'audio' screen. Then hold the left arrow button, and press the button you want to program. You may have to page through the options.
I feel dumb like Im the only person that can’t get this right. That or my steering wheel module is broken. Im going to take the wheel apart tonight and make sure everything is plugged in.

I did aome sleuthing, hooked up can bus analyzer to see if button presses generated any traffic. Nothing appeared outside of this already noisy bus.
A3BD9812-338E-4C45-AA01-B7525BC9CAC2.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Try removing the button and depressing the inner actual button and see if you get something on the bus.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Try removing the button and depressing the inner actual button and see if you get something on the bus.

To clarify, I do recall something about a button change in the switch module between 15, 16 or 17

In the beginning, you had to change the switch module, then they came up with the button swap only method. But what's not clear to me is if this was a mechanical change or a parts sourcing change.

@fumanchu182

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
To clarify, I do recall something about a button change in the switch module between 15, 16 or 17

In the beginning, you had to change the switch module, then they came up with the button swap only method. But what's not clear to me is if this was a mechanical change or a parts sourcing change.

@fumanchu182
I might have to go this route. Took the cover off and hit the rubber directly, nada.

186614DA-E182-4403-A284-78367BF283C5.jpeg
In decided to be adventurous and took the wheel apart.
673D82D4-C660-46D5-9DCA-9E1C868C990D.jpeg
Then from there I inspected the module when I got it out. Looks fully functional.
2B651593-4DAD-4366-893D-8C5BE49435DC.jpeg
B1B9B06E-48FF-4000-B94C-4054191F2CCE.jpeg
51CC3633-28C9-4130-8B16-95948432CF82.jpeg
Tested continuity, tested ohms. Everything looks fine. Maybe this is one of those modules not programmed to work that way. Im willing to try another Tazer or button module. Ill try and see if my friends local will let me experiment with their Tazer. Ill try and ebay a 2016+ module.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
View attachment 56219

View attachment 56221

I have 2015 Challenger with the Tazer - I had trouble getting the buttons to map, but they worked for me. I wish I could tell you what I did, but I can't.
My main reason for installing was for the line loc function... it does work though... the lights were messed up, but I don't care about them.