Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Supercharger Removal/Installation

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Billet Silver Redeye
Getting ready to install the FI blower spacer plates/blanket, and was looking for a good write-up on supercharger removal/installation.

I found this link to the 2015 Charger service manual in the Maintenance section, which is awesome. I downloaded the PDF and opened in Adobe Reader, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to find a table of contents in this 17000+ page monster LOL. I've found several references to a "Supercharger, Installation" section which sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, but I'll be damned if I can actually find that section. I'll readily admit - I've not an Adobe expert.

Any ideas?

Paul...

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Getting ready to install the FI blower spacer plates/blanket, and was looking for a good write-up on supercharger removal/installation.

I found this link to the 2015 Charger service manual in the Maintenance section, which is awesome. I downloaded the PDF and opened in Adobe Reader, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to find a table of contents in this 17000+ page monster LOL. I've found several references to a "Supercharger, Installation" section which sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, but I'll be damned if I can actually find that section. I'll readily admit - I've not an Adobe expert.

Any ideas?

Paul...
Hi Paul.

That's my download link and I'll admit, the layout of that manual is challenging. I've found that the Adobe search bar is your friend.

The manual is a European version and oddlyblaid out. I'm planning on doing the spacers, as well, so I need this. I'll poke around and let you know what I find. The info is in there... we just have to tease it out.

Bob
Riverside, California

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Hi Paul.

That's my download link and I'll admit, the layout of that manual is challenging. I've found that the Adobe search bar is your friend.

The manual is a European version and oddlyblaid out. I'm planning on doing the spacers, as well, so I need this. I'll poke around and let you know what I find. The info is in there... we just have to tease it out.

Bob
Riverside, California
Awesome, thanks Bob. Completely agree - this is a great document. Really appreciate you sharing it!

I'll keep poking around tonight as well - if I figure it out, I'll post up the page numbers of the section.

If anyone else has a link to a good write-up on supercharger removal/install, you can post it here, too. Will be helpful for many I'm guessing...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I think TheMush had a good video on how to do it. There is a video out there for the install of the spacers themselves if I recall correctly.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I think TheMush had a good video on how to do it. There is a video out there for the install of the spacers themselves if I recall correctly.
Thanks, will definitely go take a look.

What's everyone doing about the intercooler lines on the back of the blower? Pulling the hose off the heat exchanger, draining and refilling the intercooler circuit? Or is there a better way?

Most of the videos I've found focus more on installing the plates - so the blower is already removed. Trying to minimize mess and smashed fingers LOL

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Thanks, will definitely go take a look.

What's everyone doing about the intercooler lines on the back of the blower? Pulling the hose off the heat exchanger, draining and refilling the intercooler circuit? Or is there a better way?

Most of the videos I've found focus more on installing the plates - so the blower is already removed. Trying to minimize mess and smashed fingers LOL
You can pull the hoses, from below and refill, when you put it back together.

There is a bleeder screw, on the supercharger, on the rear back corner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's super easy actually. This covers most of what you'll need to do. Pinch off the coolant lines to remove those and the fuel rails will also pop right off.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
It's super easy actually. This covers most of what you'll need to do. Pinch off the coolant lines to remove those and the fuel rails will also pop right off.

Cool, thanks Speedy. Should've thought to check your channel :cool:

I'd thought about clamping the hoses and then pulling them off without draining, but wasn't sure how much would leak back out of the supercharger. If I can catch it with a towel, that's one thing; if it's more than that, I'd probably just pull the heat exchanger hose so I can catch/reuse as much as possible. Need to change the oil anyway, so I'll already be pulling the belly pan.

I hadn't planned on pulling the fuel rails; was just going to disconnect the fuel line like I do at the track and leave the rails/injectors installed, then lift the whole thing out. Assuming that would work as well?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm doing it from memory, but I think the fuel line has a second connection on the back?

If you pull the intercooler line from the heat exchange, make sure to pop the cap on the reservoir to release pressure first (then put it back on before removing hose). Ask me how I know LOL.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
I'm doing it from memory, but I think the fuel line has a second connection on the back?

If you pull the intercooler line from the heat exchange, make sure to pop the cap on the reservoir to release pressure first (then put it back on before removing hose). Ask me how I know LOL.
Ah, gotcha - I’ll have to check to see if there’s another connection; maybe I will pull the rails. Good tip on releasing the pressure on the IC circuit.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

FI has their own videos and can give you a lot of Help! Just search for videos or send them an email.

Linda [burnout]

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12

FI has their own videos and can give you a lot of Help! Just search for videos or send them an email.

Linda [burnout]
Cool, thanks Linda! I think installing the plates/blanket will be pretty straightforward as long as I can get the blower off and onto the bench without bouncing it off the floor or breaking my back (y)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
OMG
I don't do my own installation of parts Thankfully High Horse does my work for All my Go Fassst parts!
But the many DYI videos are helpful and on some things that are not modifying I use and they are helpful!
But those that can turn a wrench I'm glad to help out![wrenchin][twothumb]

Let us know about your results !

Linda[burnout]

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
OMG
I don't do my own installation of parts Thankfully High Horse does my work for All my Go Fassst parts!
But the many DYI videos are helpful and on some things that are not modifying I use and they are helpful!
But those that can turn a wrench I'm glad to help out![wrenchin][twothumb]

Let us know about your results !

Linda[burnout]
Will do - my bypass valve has been creeping open around 6000rpm and the usual tune adjustments haven’t seemed to help so I’m replacing it while I’m in there, too. Hope to be back out to the track in a couple weeks to test things out.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
Awesome, thanks Bob. Completely agree - this is a great document. Really appreciate you sharing it!

I'll keep poking around tonight as well - if I figure it out, I'll post up the page numbers of the section.
Found it!

Page 11,505 (Supercharger removal)

Was a little easier once I figured out that the little bookmark icon provided a table of contents of sorts LOL

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Will do - my bypass valve has been creeping open around 6000rpm and the usual tune adjustments haven’t seemed to help so I’m replacing it while I’m in there, too. Hope to be back out to the track in a couple weeks to test things out.
What was the most telltale that gave this away? Logs showing boost flat lining or dropping off? Sound? Curious.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
What was the most telltale that gave this away? Logs showing boost flat lining or dropping off? Sound? Curious.
Bypass valve #2 voltage was dropping off at around 6000rpm, would pick up after the shift completed, then drop off again at 6000rpm. Doing it in each gear.

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Found it!

Page 11,505 (Supercharger removal)

Was a little easier once I figured out that the little bookmark icon provided a table of contents of sorts LOL
Getting ready to do this install soon. Thanks for posting the page number. The manual is really tough to navigate.