Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #681
Since he's getting rid of the sun roof, a nice carbon fiber roof center would have made a nice replacement. Less work and don't paint it. Might have been an even $ wash...
I have thought about going that route as the entire roof panel should be replaceable but have not been able to talk to anybody about the details involved doing that with a sun roof car. I called Anderson but they simply said they know nothing about sunroofs and basically blew me off. I’m considering doing this when the time comes to upgrade the cage. I have to admit that I haven’t pursued the the details of doing any of this yet but the idea of a clean CF roof is appealing.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Marc, what bed liner did you use on those fender wells? That's leaves a smooth, clean lookin' finish right there. I need some o' that for the underside of my Cuda.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #683
Marc, what bed liner did you use on those fender wells? That's leaves a smooth, clean lookin' finish right there. I need some o' that for the underside of my Cuda.
Yes it did. Goes on nice. 77384DD8-CC17-4FE3-8D55-06384A99090E.jpeg

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I saw a build somewhere a while back. The guy was putting a LOT of CF on his car, including the center roof panel. Not sure who made al the CF pieces. I just remember they just pulled up the little vinyl moldings on the roof, exposing a spot welded seam. They used a spot weld cutter there and along the tops of the windshield and rear window (had taken out the glass); ground down what was left of the welds and used a 3M brand panel bonding glue to put the CF in. Pretty slick and easy. I'm pretty sure there had been a sun roof there. If you already have CF hood and deck lid, that roof piece would be the shazaamm!!

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good old Rustoleum brand. I had no idea. Thank you for that...

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #686
I saw a build somewhere a while back. The guy was putting a LOT of CF on his car, including the center roof panel. Not sure who made al the CF pieces. I just remember they just pulled up the little vinyl moldings on the roof, exposing a spot welded seam. They used a spot weld cutter there and along the tops of the windshield and rear window (had taken out the glass); ground down what was left of the welds and used a 3M brand panel bonding glue to put the CF in. Pretty slick and easy. I'm pretty sure there had been a sun roof there. If you already have CF hood and deck lid, that roof piece would be the shazaamm!!
Lol. My thoughts exactly. I was disappointed that Anderson responded with the we know nothing answer. The cowel hood I have is the Kenne Bell fiberglass version. They referred me to Anderson for the same hood in CF. They said it was a special order that would take three to four months. I couldn’t do that so I went with the FG and just wrapped it. That CF hood with a matching roof and deck lid would be nice. Like I need to spend more money. 😂

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
But it's less weight for your car and your wallet.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #688
Getting ready to get this thing on the track next week and I have her home doing a few things. The new rear suspension required a change with the exhaust. I tried just eliminating the mufflers all together and it sounded real good. But setting off car alarms in the neighborhood when just warming it up in the garage was pissing my wife off. So to tone it down a little.... I’m doing this. 3.5x14 inch polished stainless “Race” muffs by Kooks. Definitely the most beautiful mufflers I’ve seen and at $54 ea...... wtf? How is that possible? 4832AB2F-A996-40CF-8C27-0518F74F0F66.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #689
Plus/plus...... knocked 40 lbs out of the car from what I was previously running with the big Flowmasters back at the rear axle.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Getting ready to get this thing on the track next week and I have her home doing a few things. The new rear suspension required a change with the exhaust. I tried just eliminating the mufflers all together and it sounded real good. But setting off car alarms in the neighborhood when just warming it up in the garage was pissing my wife off. So to tone it down a little.... I’m doing this. 3.5x14 inch polished stainless “Race” muffs by Kooks. Definitely the most beautiful mufflers I’ve seen and at $54 ea...... wtf? How is that possible? View attachment 37994
They look like vibrants. You could always take them off at the track too .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #691
They look like vibrants. You could always take them off at the track too .

Yeah, easy removal but...... I was told that the front O2 sensors need some back pressure for tuning and 24 to 36 inches of length past the collector or a muffler to provide that is necessary. These things have virtually zero restriction and probably minimal sound reduction, but should take the edge off.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #692
Working on the garage floor sucks! Running a little ragged without the rear 02’s and a crossover. Either need to turn those off and retune or put them back in past the muffler. I’ll be on the rack at the shop next week and the new dyno is up and running so everything will get sorted out. B1FCC917-C927-41AD-A71E-B74BB77F96AC.jpeg 8F2954EA-39A3-4361-8EFD-F1294B1123EA.jpeg A64B560F-8CB9-40B2-A576-D94BA2671D33.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I turned my rear O2's off long ago .

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #694
I turned my rear O2's off long ago .

How does that affect the tuning? Any considerations because of that or like it never happened and why were those things even there?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The rear O2's are mostly for catalytic converter efficiency. I tried dialing them in but it would mess with my trims from time to time of throw check engine lights. I just "disabled" them in the tune. Now the Ecu only runs in the front widebands and keeps my trims more consistent. I don't care what happens to the exhaust gasses after it leaves the manifolds / headers . ( I have not cats btw)

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #696
Finished and ready for work. Beautifully done Chromoly MPR DragPak wheelie bars are a work of art! 66B4E305-9082-499E-91BA-ED677A757CE5.jpeg 7E3028B6-CADC-4B04-BA72-907210FC5254.jpeg 5B44CD71-B126-4BC5-88B0-640C39E8B554.jpeg 4EC84E4E-2CDE-423A-8320-520D0C652BD7.jpeg

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Just keeps looking better and better!

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
Little feedback for you on the carbon fiber roof. I love it on mine, few pros and cons to doing it.

1. Lots of heads up classes require a steel roof
2. The factory skin is light and you can just as easily replace the sunroof with oem no sun sunroof
3. Removing the roof will likely require a new windshield as they often crack on removal
4. Going with carbon fiber is a little lighter and no paint required afterwards
5. You can wrap both and being in the sun a lot, you may want to consider a wrap if you do it or paint oem
6. Carbon fiber comes in two versions, wet and dry. Dry is more expensive and lighter.

All in all, I like mine, no issues with the Anderson Dry Carbon roof other than the downside of rule implications in some events Ive sniffed around at.

http://instagr.am/p/CH3laSZliKI/

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #699
Thanks. I will be ditching the sunroof when I’m in for the 7.5 cage update. Just considering my different options. The shop doing the chassis work just did this to another sunroof car. They said they pulled 50 lbs out. BD6F4C70-E5FF-41A4-9768-4F20F67C38F0.jpeg

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thanks. I will be ditching the sunroof when I’m in for the 7.5 cage update. Just considering my different options. The shop doing the chassis work just did this to another sunroof car. They said they pulled 50 lbs out. View attachment 38234
Ya you have gone this far might as well ditch the sunroof. Car will be lighter plus no sunroof looks better IMHO.