Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Speeder caught by cops doing 158 mph in a Challenger Hellcat

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/04/10/speeder-caught-by-cops-doing-158-mph-regrets-nothing.html
Christopher Garza was arrested, had his $65,000 car impounded, spent a few hours in jail and will soon be going to court, but says it was all worth it.

The 30-year-old Chicago resident was taking his friend out for a spin in his 707 hp Dodge Challenger Hellcat muscle car when he tore through a speed trap on the Indiana Toll Road outside Gary at 158 mph, the Chicago Tribune reports.

"Obviously, what I did was very dumb," Garza said.

The incident happened at 1:31 AM on March 7, and the state trooper that spotted him says Garza immediately started to slow down when he saw the patrol car.

After getting pulled over, Garza said that his friend was a wounded vet that had just returned home and was going through some rough times, so he was trying to cheer him up and figured an empty road would be a safe place for a high speed run.

"Really, I was just kind of getting my buddy's mind off of reality for a little bit," Garza said.

Despite his reason for speeding, Garza was booked and is currently out on bail awaiting trial, but says he has no regrets because his buddy had a great time.

"I'll deal with the consequences," Garza said.