Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SCCA - school me

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've been a sports car / hot rod guy my entire life (with some bike time thrown in). I have never been a member of any formal car club. If you are or have been, like SCCA, or whatever, what are your thoughts? What benefits if any are there?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Wow this brings back memories... I was a member of the SCCA in the 80's when I built my Datsun 510 and we raced them at Sears Point... Could not tell you what if any perks besides being able to get access to tracks I normally would not have... and it was a long time ago. Not sure if you saw this page or not...

https://www.scca.com/pages/member-benefits-preview

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
With a SCCA membership you get to go their events and participate. Go to their site and make sure you have a vehicle, or have the ability to rent a vehicle to use in their events and almost as important make sure they have some events geographically around you can attend. For example, I hold a certification for a competition SCCA license. But the Challenger cannot race in SCCA. I could rent like a Ford Spec Racer for about $1,500/day and participate or buy a cheap vehicle to use on one of their classes. I may do that next year for kicks. If NASA has events near you, then you could join them and do some HDPE racing with an automatic (Challenger/Charger). Up here for a couple of seasons I chose NASA for events until they did not come to the hometown track Brainerd International any longer. Now, maybe I could travel to one or two events in other states. But instead, I am choosing to just go to the local track and maybe travel a couple of times like I did this year to different states to try other tracks with even different groups who hold similar events.