Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Radio Issues

Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakland
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Durango SRT
Good morning all. I was driving my girlfriend to her parents house this morning as they were going on a family trip. On the way to her parents house, the radio was working as it should, crystal clear(XM satellite). I turn my volume to 0 for the ride over to the airport. After I dropped them off, I turned up the volume again only to be met with horrendous audio quality (I can hear it, but its got a ton of static to it). I attributed it to poor satellite connect and swapped over to my phone via Bluetooth. Same issue. I swapped over to AM and FM and it was the same. I could hear what was playing, but there was an overwhelming amount of distortion from my speakers. The car is a little over a year old and dont have the volume above 20 90% of the time. Anyone else experience an issue like this? If so, how did you remedy it? Thanks!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Youz gutz have all the fun. Mine just blows up the stereo while changing the oil.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I would bring it in. Your bumper to bumper warranty will get you a new radio.
You should check your fuses first though. I remember in the past (not with Dodge) having similar issues and found that a lot of oem radios have more than one fuse that do different things, not just power the radio. You may get lucky.