Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ordering leadtimes and markup

HTRon

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Don't know how many folks we have here now, since the car isn't even out yet...but I would be interested to hear what people are hearing in terms of ordering lead time (I was told 6 months), and also what dealer markups are looking like.

The first dealer I talked to was marking them up $5k...the second dealer had no markup. Guess which one I'm going to? :)

Also, as for ordering - don't let your dealer tell you, oh, you have to buy this one I have in stock, because we only get 2 and it's not going to last...I called Dodge and they said dealers can order as many as they want as long as they have a paid order for it. The sales guy I was talking to hadn't heard that - or at least he didn't sound like he had. And this was at a srt-certified dealer!

Ron

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
If the Challenger Hellcat is any indication its a 8-16 week wait time after production begins. I guess your 6 month estimate is a good guess.

I've seen anywhere from $5-8k markups on the Challenger, hopefully dealers won't be as greedy on the Charger.