Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Opinions on a 2016 Challenger

OP
R

rhino2104

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bastrop
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 M6 TorRed Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #41
Here's a pic from this morning after I brought her home. When I parked her she was at 630 miles and still had the plastic shipping covers on the floors and the touch screen. Not bad for a 2016. I also realized that I'm now the only person in my cul-de-sac that doesn't have a white, silver, or black car. And my next door neighbor is also starting to show car envy lol

New Challenger.jpg

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Here's a pic from this morning after I brought her home. When I parked her she was at 630 miles and still had the plastic shipping covers on the floors and the touch screen. Not bad for a 2016. I also realized that I'm now the only person in my cul-de-sac that doesn't have a white, silver, or black car. Any my next door neighbor is also starting to show car envy lol

View attachment 38709
Freaking beautiful Challenger!
Had a 16, same color and stripes.
Loved it.
Why my 19 is the same color.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Here's a pic from this morning after I brought her home. When I parked her she was at 630 miles and still had the plastic shipping covers on the floors and the touch screen. Not bad for a 2016. I also realized that I'm now the only person in my cul-de-sac that doesn't have a white, silver, or black car. Any my next door neighbor is also starting to show car envy lol

View attachment 38709
Beauty!

They pull an all-nighter or something to remove the side decals and detail it?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

View attachment 38709
Wow...you did good ...real good...gorgeous...Just think..some guy paid all the money for that car..and you stole it..(still in the wrapper)...now wanna make the guy next door REALLY envious??...stuff a sweat sock down yer pants...;);););)

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Cucumbers work better. That will scare the women and stampede the cattle.

OP
R

rhino2104

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bastrop
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Beauty!

They pull an all-nighter or something to remove the side decals and detail it?
Thanks. I like the red a lot more than I thought I would. They didn't really have to pull an all nighter. I told the sales guy what I wanted and needed to make it work and he has the detail crew take off the decals and detail it before I started signing paperwork. Really it wouldn't have taken much. It was already damned near perfect. This dealer also stores all of their vehicles in their own parking garage instead of an open lot.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Congrats on a beautiful ride. Nicely done!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thanks. I like the red a lot more than I thought I would. They didn't really have to pull an all nighter. I told the sales guy what I wanted and needed to make it work and he has the detail crew take off the decals and detail it before I started signing paperwork. Really it wouldn't have taken much. It was already damned near perfect. This dealer also stores all of their vehicles in their own parking garage instead of an open lot.

Awesome. So I assume you got them under 50K? With a warrantee that's really good.

OP
R

rhino2104

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bastrop
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
Awesome. So I assume you got them under 50K? With a warrantee that's really good.
Yeah got them down to just under $50k all said and done. I got lucky and did it on the last day of the month. Didn't even realize it, but they get more desperate to move cars then.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
A member on the other forum was looking at that car and let overthinking get the best of him. Saw the residual codes from the battery swap and got freaked out. All the naysayer doomsday peanut gallery comments werent helping him either. People love to assume the worst SMH. A couple of us were trying to tell him to not overthink it or let Carfax be the bible of the car but he got sketched out and passed. Good for you for using common sense. Congrats.

OP
R

rhino2104

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bastrop
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
A member on the other forum was looking at that car and let overthinking get the best of him. Saw the residual codes from the battery swap and got freaked out. All the naysayer doomsday peanut gallery comments werent helping him either. People love to assume the worst SMH. A couple of us were trying to tell him to not overthink it or let Carfax be the bible of the car but he got sketched out and passed. Good for you for using common sense. Congrats.
Yeah and I read through that thread and looked for all those problems. Some people just over think things. Oh well. His loss. The only one still there was the tear in the hood liner. No idea why it is or what caused it, but I can live with that small imperfection. There is no pull or shaking at highway speeds. On the test drive there was a little but, but that was the road causing it not the car. Hell I let go of the wheel to check alignment at 70mph on the drive home and it tracked as straight as could be.

OP
R

rhino2104

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bastrop
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52
Now I just need to find more excuses to drive it lol. The drive into work tomorrow will be nice.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Cucumbers work better. That will scare the women and stampede the cattle.
Scares em???..it attracts them..(like a moth to a flame);)