Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Not that anyone care's about camaro's but no surprise

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
But will the new Chevy EV be named after a fish? Score one to Dodge? :p

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
This guys likes to hear himself talk. We all knew this.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Def not hitting subscribe.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Coming to chevy dealers in 2025 the new chevy Sardine and its slightly longer sibling the Sardine XL. These new electric cars will offer you a short range, many break downs, and black outs in your neighborhood. Be sure to pick up 6 when they are available in 2025, because by having 6 of them, there is a 50/50 chance 1 might not be in the shop, so you can actually drive it the 8.1 miles of battery range it will offer. All new Sardines will come with a complimentary bike rack, because trust me, you're going to be needing that bike along with you, when it breaks down. Will be available in 5 bright colors, making it easier for the tow truck driver to spot.
Visit your chevy dealership in 2025 to see the exciting new Sardine.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
All I know is Performance wise the plaid does the quarter in 9.3 at 154 mph. Dodge better get to the drawing board. I just looked at the 60-130 and it’s like 4.5 seconds stock on plaid. I can see dodge making electric commuters maybe hybrid 392s.. might take them till post 2030 to even come close or have the ability to R/D something even like a Raven Model S let alone a Plaid. My 2 cents

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Plaid mmmmmmm sexy

Attachments

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
All I know is Performance wise the plaid does the quarter in 9.3 at 154 mph. Dodge better get to the drawing board. I just looked at the 60-130 and it’s like 4.5 seconds stock on plaid. I can see dodge making electric commuters maybe hybrid 392s.. might take them till post 2030 to even come close or have the ability to R/D something even like a Raven Model S let alone a Plaid. My 2 cents
I was watching some videos
Hard to believe that a 4 door sedan is running low nines over 150 mph
I wish I had this sleeper when I was 20
Its looking pretty good right now

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yeah someone got one down to 9.08 or something like that. That is incredible performance, I mean much faster than a gravity free fall at this point. Has to be over 1000hp/1000tq to do that. I saw they couldn't even dyno one because they just stand up and rotate forward on the rollers in an instant! All the sudden $130-140k doesn't seem so expensive :)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Now....what if good old Dodge has a mid-engine Viper hidden in the back room? Since the Camaro is done, c-ya. Let’s talk about fun stuff.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yeah someone got one down to 9.08 or something like that. That is incredible performance, I mean much faster than a gravity free fall at this point. Has to be over 1000hp/1000tq to do that. I saw they couldn't even dyno one because they just stand up and rotate forward on the rollers in an instant! All the sudden $130-140k doesn't seem so expensive :)
Guys talk about range, talk about names, talk about this ,talk about that. These EV's are a performance force and impressive. Cannot be denied.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
according to their sneak peek video, Dodge has it covered:)

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
They will run. I'm still wondering how long before someone says enough is enough and regulates the power.
For the money I'm sure I will be lucky to even see one at the drag strip. I have only ever saw one electric car. I have only seen 1 new GT500 and it was at a NMCA/NMRA race. I go to the track a lot sometimes just to watch and I'm not seeing these cars around me

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Guys talk about range, talk about names, talk about this ,talk about that. These EV's are a performance force and impressive. Cannot be denied.
Unless I get rich overnight, they are way out of my price range

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I paid 62K for my RE with the power dollars and incentives. They are literally over twice that price at this point. Hell, I don't even like them (at this point). They don't have any styles that suit my taste. But....they do motivate quickly.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
If I sold the charger and challenger I could wing it. One major reason I wouldn’t... Tesla reliability is shit. The first thing I read is how two customers plaids were in the service dept. I hate dealing with car issues and from what I hear that’s definitely a deal breaker. That performance though definitely makes me think about it though. The interior is nothing special either and doesn’t even have real leather seats for 130+K really let’s just call it 150k.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I paid 62K for my RE with the power dollars and incentives. They are literally over twice that price at this point. Hell, I don't even like them (at this point). They don't have any styles that suit my taste. But....they do motivate quickly.
Everything is twice the price lol.. I have been looking at some used corvette prices for no reason lol.. but I see c6 like base cars with 88000-110000 miles in the mid 20k range.. 🤪.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If I sold the charger and challenger I could wing it. One major reason I wouldn’t... Tesla reliability is shit. The first thing I read is how two customers plaids were in the service dept. I hate dealing with car issues and from what I hear that’s definitely a deal breaker. That performance though definitely makes me think about it though. The interior is nothing special though and doesn’t even have real leather for 130+K really let’s just call it 150k
They just did a comparison on the show 'Everyday Driver' and made all those points about the Tesla. They said that Ford's 1st attempt at an all electric Mustang SUV was already a better quality car than the Tesla simply because they've been a car co. forever and know how to build cars, and Tesla is still a 'boutique' company as they put it.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They just did a comparison on the show 'Everyday Driver' and made all those points about the Tesla. They said that Ford's 1st attempt at an all electric Mustang SUV was already a better quality car than the Tesla simply because they've been a car co. forever and know how to build cars, and Tesla is still a 'boutique' company as they put it.
Yeah I agree.. I think you’d be better off conceding horsepower and just get a Porsche Taycan if you went the electric route atm. You pay a lot for the Porsche but you get what you pay for fit and finish wise. Tesla’s have so much hype at the moment but their Reliability doesn’t match or come close to most other manufacturers Norm.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Based on my conversations with actual owners, except for their pure speed, Tesla's are junk.

If and when the big boys get their EV programs figured out, Tesla will be just another orphan car that you won't be able to get fixed or get parts for.

What will Tesla resale values be in 5 years when they try to trade them in?