Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My first dyno run, some advice please

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
With all this Covid stuff I have had a nightmare finding anyone willing to dyno the Hellcat.
I have approached some well known (apparently) tuning companies and either they do not want to know or they are just too busy.
Well finally I have found a company willing to help.
Apart from race prep they specialize as an independent Mclaren service centre but they have a dyno with plenty of airflow which should help keep the hellcat safe.
So my question is.
Is it safe to just push and hold the traction control button to disable the traction control or do I need to pull the fuse prior to the run.
If so which fuse do I need to pull.
Last question. I presume the power run should be done in 5th gear.
Can someone confirm that is correct.
many thanks :)

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
With all this Covid stuff I have had a nightmare finding anyone willing to dyno the Hellcat.
I have approached some well known (apparently) tuning companies and either they do not want to know or they are just too busy.
Well finally I have found a company willing to help.
Apart from race prep they specialize as an independent Mclaren service centre but they have a dyno with plenty of airflow which should help keep the hellcat safe.
So my question is.
Is it safe to just push and hold the traction control button to disable the traction control or do I need to pull the fuse prior to the run.
If so which fuse do I need to pull.
Last question. I presume the power run should be done in 5th gear.
Can someone confirm that is correct.
many thanks :)
When I did the dyno pulls on my Charger Hellcat, put it in Track mode, and held down the TC button to turn it off. Did one pull in 4th gear and one in 6th gear. The dyno I used was a Mainline ProHub dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
When I did the dyno pulls on my Charger Hellcat, put it in Track mode, and held down the TC button to turn it off. Did one pull in 4th gear and one in 6th gear. The dyno I used was a Mainline ProHub dyno.

Good advice what rear End Ratio do you have since this could change preferences of the correct trans gear.

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Good advice what rear End Ratio do you have since this could change preferences of the correct trans gear.
My car is 100% stock, so it has the 2.62!

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I haven't dynoed my 'cat, but I did dyno my 392 and I did not pull the fuse, just turned the TC off. Also, I've heard you do the pull in the 1:1 gear, which in the case of the A8 is 6th.