Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

May be helpful for those storing their hot rods

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've been doing this to save money on race fuel. Having to keep these cars at around a half tank at the track means there's a lot of good fuel in there when I'm headed back home and I got tired of wasting it. Some of you storing your rides that need to swap out fuels this is how I've been doing it. I'm told some of the newer models may have a port on the fuel rail that would make this super easy though.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Brilliant video Speedy,been doing this for a while in my garage,I drive to the track and tried it on arrival.Well the fuel was under pressure so it was too dangerous to carry on,any ideas on releasing the pressure when hot?

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Forget my last post, I thought this was your older video, I need one of those, perfect🤟

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #4
The only option I can think that's better would be to put some kind of port on the end of the fuel rail. I saw the OST shop car at ChallengerFest and they had something on the end of the passenger side fuel rail. I may look in to that as well, maybe weld on a AN fitting or something.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Cheaper, but stay there. Do not come to Florida. Too many distorted languages like mine. Butt sters I have been hea since 81. No moe. We love all's of youz guys, but more in poe tant is stay home.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've been doing this to save money on race fuel. Having to keep these cars at around a half tank at the track means there's a lot of good fuel in there when I'm headed back home and I got tired of wasting it. Some of you storing your rides that need to swap out fuels this is how I've been doing it. I'm told some of the newer models may have a port on the fuel rail that would make this super easy though.

That brought back some memories. About 20 years ago I created my own "gastapper" set up, one for fuel for just this type of reason, and one for oil. The oil set up I used on a S500 because the 5.0 mill in that had a top front mounted oil filter. I could pull the filter, tap down to the pan, pump out all the oil, and never have to lift the car or get under it. I thought I'd save on race fuel too, but turns out I didn't run it often enough to really use it much. Also, your car and shop are clean - as always. Looks good man.

Something I did notice though (and the Charger's don't have it) is the gas cap dangling against the car like that. Ever have any fuel residue from the cap get on the paint? Most of my cars that had actual gas caps I would set the cap (which did not have a tether) on the back glass while fueling. I"m sure you're waxed / quartzed and it wouldn't damage the finish anyway, but that kind of thing annoys me hanging like that. Keep up the great knowledge sharing.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #7
No drips from the gas cap, would be hard for fuel to get up there with the flip over valve in the filler tube. The gas cap has a hook for the tether but kinda fiddly really so you have to be careful the cap doesn't bang against the car.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I have not used it yet. But I made a setup that just simply screws onto the test port on the Drivers side Fuel Rail. Start car and let it idle until it runs out of fuel. Cost about $35 to make. I was told it works perfectly and no issues whatsoever.

This is the part you need to screw to the fuel rail. Then I adapted it to a 6' X 1/4" hose to go into a 5 gallon can sitting near the front tire.

http://www.langtools.com/sku-71301-standard-schrader-hose-assembly-from-tu-113/

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #9
Most don't have a test port. Wish mine did.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Most don't have a test port. Wish mine did.
I believe 18 & up does.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I believe 18 & up does.
Yes the Demon and both RedEyes had it (the test port). I just assumed all had it. I never checked the 16 Hellcat............

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #12
Maybe I can find a driver fuel rail from a wrecked RE and swap mine out. I was looking at welding a port on mine.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe I can find a driver fuel rail from a wrecked RE and swap mine out. I was looking at welding a port on mine.
Same thing I was thinking, but I think you will have to change the whole fuel rail system.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My buddies 15 HC had his fuel pressure sensor go bad, & he had to replace the whole fuel rail system & the new part has the port.