Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It's That Shitbox Dodge Again!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I've had 4 bmw's and 1 Mercedes and their quality is nothing to brag about.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What a Jagoff.

I still love my HC Charger, no matter what Doug says about it.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #4
Meh. Doug is pretty fair and unbiased (at least as far as corporate influencing goes (see MotorTrend)) overall. You get a lot of car for the money, and as Doug says it can be under the hood or in the cabin. There are always compromises.

Reading the Reddit comments on this video is depressing: hurr durr century old E-class POS Dodge.
Yes, it is old but it was fully revamped in 2015... and there are only so many ways to build a car before the differences stop being apparent to the average motorist.

People just like to nitpick and complain.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Kill those wheels! Jesus christ! For the love of god. Looks like a 4 door mustang

shit.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Meh. Doug is pretty fair and unbiased (at least as far as corporate influencing goes (see MotorTrend)) overall. You get a lot of car for the money, and as Doug says it can be under the hood or in the cabin. There are always compromises.

Reading the Reddit comments on this video is depressing: hurr durr century old E-class POS Dodge.
Yes, it is old but it was fully revamped in 2015... and there are only so many ways to build a car before the differences stop being apparent to the average motorist.

People just like to nitpick and complain.
I had an E-Class Mercedes from the late 2000's until mid 2010's when I traded it for my R/T Charger. The Charger was traded and now I have the Challenger. That's 3 E-Class based vehicles one right after the other. I can say without a doubt that the last two were WAY more fun to drive than the Mercedes ever was.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Does Doug realise how "OLD" he is getting ? Kinda Ancient lololol

Linda :)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I thought it never went away.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
This guy's a tool

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Put the button for the trunk under the license plate. Why didn’t I think of that?!?

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I find it interesting how some media types (???) find all of these things that are wrong with both the Charger and Challenger - many of the things he pointed out I never even noticed (or never had an issue with).
Seems like they want to point at this or that is wrong/bad/old etc. - a 65 (ish) out of a 100???

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I'm a huge fan of Doug and subscribed to this guy when he was around 100K subscribers. He knows how to review a car to appeal to us and he's damn good at it.

However, this video was a bit out of character of him. Nitpicking the hell out of the hellcat. It wasn't Maserati Ghibli level of nitpick (he tore that car apart) but was pretty close to it. I was waiting for this review from Doug (of a Charger Hellcat in general) for years and it finally came like this. Dude basically recited some things on his Autotrader blog that he said about the hellcat back in 2015.

Then, all the German fanboys/Doug fanboys jumped on the double tshirt wagon and started calling all Dodge's POS. I'll tell you what Doug glazed over.

The hellcat has a presence that its German competitors just doesn't have. The cat head turns heads and immediately distinguishes this car from everything on the road. An E63 looks like a regular E class with 4 mufflers, let's be real. Same with an M5 and an RS7. They all look the same! Not even going to mention the fake exhaust noise pumped into the cabin.

These are nice cars but price for power, smiles per gallon, road presence, the hellcat cannot be beat. Fun fact, I went Christmas light looking the other day in my hellcat. Was infront of a convertible white S63 amg. Guess who the kids (and grown ups) pulled their phones out and snap a picture of? Give you a hint, not the S63 ;)

Rant over, Merry Christmas everyone!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Being in the used car business I can tell you that the German stuff is absolute crap at 100k miles. I cannot emphasize enough how they are nightmares down the road.
Everyone compares these cars new. Of COURSE theyre awesome now. Come back in 6-7 years and talk to me when the factory warranty is out and you‘re on the hook for repairs. Used MB and BMW are extremely cheap at wholesale auctions for a reason, dealers want nothing to do with them once the factory warranty is out.
The same German car fanboys that insult the American muscle always end up completely upsidown in a POS that they are dying to trade in once the warranty is up.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Wow I need to sell my car according to this video my cars overpriced and ancient lol

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Being in the used car business I can tell you that the German stuff is absolute crap at 100k miles. I cannot emphasize enough how they are nightmares down the road.
Everyone compares these cars new. Of COURSE theyre awesome now. Come back in 6-7 years and talk to me when the factory warranty is out and you‘re on the hook for repairs. Used MB and BMW are extremely cheap at wholesale auctions for a reason, dealers want nothing to do with them once the factory warranty is out.
The same German car fanboys that insult the American muscle always end up completely upsidown in a POS that they are dying to trade in once the warranty is up.
Yep, that's exactly what I ran into when I traded my Benz on the Charger. It was out of factory warranty and that guy said the same thing. I always wondered why I saw used Benz's for sale so cheap. I finally learned why...the hard way. I would never buy a new Benz again.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ouch , that was tough to watch

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Ouch , that was tough to watch
I’d imagine so consider that rolling sack of garbage you drive 😂😂

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I’d imagine so consider that rolling sack of garbage you drive 😂😂
At least mine isn't a Charger :LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ok.....I'll admit it....when I first saw this thread early this morning (before any coffee), I watched the first 40 seconds or so and thought wow...this guy is an annoying douchebag. not wanting to start my day feeling like that, I turned the video off and looked at some other threads here and tried to go about my day cleaning my "new to me" truck since the dealership didn't do the kind of job that's acceptable to me.
Later....I came back to this thread and read some of the comments for a few laughs, which is always enjoyable.
After reading several more comments, I figured that I really should go back and watch the video. Boy...was that a mistake. I jumped ahead from the previous place that I stopped this morning to get a fresh start. Nope....nothing changed...still the same d-bag except this time I watched it long enough to hear him tell us about 63 times that the design of the car is old....and everything about it is old. I skipped ahead to see if the d-bag factor had gone down, but alas, it had not. I stopped watching the video at that point, and refuse to watch any more. For all I know, he could be giving out the winning numbers for tomorrow nights powerball drawing, but unfortunately I'll never know because right now all I want to do is find him and put 15 gallons of water and two heavyweight cotton towels to very good use. I don't need him to tell me the truth about anything. I don't want him to recant his story. I just want to waterboard him.....and not for his pleasure...for mine....until it gets old. I might need an additional 50 gals or so of water.