Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Intimidation kills

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Had to be in a nearby city today for about half the day. While in town, a Mustang GT zoomed up behind me at a stop light, seeming all ready to lay the smack down. I watched him in the rearview and he was looking at the badge (rear badge on 2017 HC Charge is right side and is the SRT Hellcat-head mishmash). Once he saw that, the light changed, and even the pick up trucks were pulling away from him (I pulled away from the light as usual). But he sure didn't want to come up along side even though there was plenty of room.

Later, on the loop, a Camaro SS blah blah, came roaring up the on the ramp, I was in the outside lane and a pick up with trailer on the inside so I could not get over. Mr. Camaro didn't like that I wouldn't slow down (he can get in behind me). So I see him looking over at my fender as he evidently hits it because the car jerked forward momentarily (if it had been a HC I'd have said he hit the gas then let off instantly but the trans was already grabbing a lower gear). Then he brakes and moves in behind me. He had plenty of room, I think he just got turned off by the Hellcat badge.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Happens, they know what they are looking at.

I really like the "low key" RE with nothing on the rear but two large tires and the DIRS showing its teeth. Only had one little piece of fun so far. A Scat outfitted for racing up in Baxter on his way back to the track for checkout and weigh-in. Very respectful jaunt up to the 60 mph speed limit from a light. The RE was just finding its itself when we both gave each other a big grin and thumbs up.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
They must of saw it was a cat and was like...

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.36.00 AM.png

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
When I see them, have the time to run them, and am in the mood....

!Cat_Disneyland.jpg

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Well, cool story...but just proves ignorance on their behalf. Badge means nothing. Otherwise this would be justifiable. I'm sure this probably fools 95% of people though.
1567776278696.png

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
They have those badges on pick ups too lol

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
on my way home from work last night had an M4 chase me down, get up beside me then slowly back off. I am sure he thought I was just another scat pak. lol

WileECoyote

Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prattville
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
About 2 weeks ago, I also had an M4 try pass to get in the front of the line to the next exit. I let her get next to me then just kept pace with her as she tried as hard as her M4 would let her to get past me. She finally moved in behind me as we took the exit then stopped at the light. At the light, I looked in my mirror and she was doing the Wayne's World "we're not worthy" bow.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Had to be in a nearby city today for about half the day. While in town, a Mustang GT zoomed up behind me at a stop light, seeming all ready to lay the smack down. I watched him in the rearview and he was looking at the badge (rear badge on 2017 HC Charge is right side and is the SRT Hellcat-head mishmash). Once he saw that, the light changed, and even the pick up trucks were pulling away from him (I pulled away from the light as usual). But he sure didn't want to come up along side even though there was plenty of room.

Later, on the loop, a Camaro SS blah blah, came roaring up the on the ramp, I was in the outside lane and a pick up with trailer on the inside so I could not get over. Mr. Camaro didn't like that I wouldn't slow down (he can get in behind me). So I see him looking over at my fender as he evidently hits it because the car jerked forward momentarily (if it had been a HC I'd have said he hit the gas then let off instantly but the trans was already grabbing a lower gear). Then he brakes and moves in behind me. He had plenty of room, I think he just got turned off by the Hellcat badge.
I think your just scaring everybody since Halloween is coming up , but yeah , funny how the HC badges can tuck some tails, lol.