Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I leapt the Grand Canyon, 4 Recalls done

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Extremely reluctant to bring my Charger Hellcat in for any Recalls! I finally boke down after 6 years.

Only time car went to dealership was for a 500 mile oil & filter change. All other work performed by me.

Thoroughly have enjoyed my Hellcat and absolutely no problems except traction and wheel hop. All Driver induced.

FCA has bombarded, almost everyday getting notices for recalls and I have ignored ever single one until my wife saw the one for Passenger airbag.

My argument, from me was that I didn't want the dealership to reprogram the computer or touch my car.

The four recalls: 1. Cruise control reprogram computer
2. Evaporative Emissions canister.
3. Catalytic Converters
4.Passenger Airbag.

The Dealership experience was actually very good. Car almost seems better, even a nice popping or small backfire upon deceleration. Not sure if that is right but damn she is fast.

3 months later I start my car and all heck breaks loose. BSM ( Blind Spot Monitoring) warning for being inactive. No screen for back up camera, No screen at all!

Don't want to go to dealership for I am sure probably sensor failure.

Oh this is fun.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
There have been a lot of radio issues is what I'm going to call it. Being camera or navigation or anything else that is on the radio in which they have to replace it. Had to on our 18 challenger because the nav was off. @jonx96 had camera issues

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
There have been a lot of radio issues is what I'm going to call it. Being camera or navigation or anything else that is on the radio in which they have to replace it. Had to on our 18 challenger because the nav was off. @jonx96 had camera issues
I’ve had radio and backup camera issues. I’m actual getting my second radio in the spring and have had 3 backup cameras in my 18…

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I don't do recalls anymore after they screwed up the ignition switch on my Jeep.

I had to replace my camera once (12k miles so far).

OP
T

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Here is what happened, Almost went into panic mode,

Started car 3 times in a row, for about one minute each time. Every tone, blinking lights, dashboard lit up, and no screen to access setup all while sitting in the garage. Checked battery, looked at the motor to see if anything out of place.

Said Eff it, took her out for spin, after about 2 minutes everything stopped and fine for driving. Park car in garage. Decided to try to start one more time, Everything went bonkers again.

The internet is your friend. Went and entered Blind Spot Monitoring Unavailable.

One of the videos mentioned someone had snow on his vehicle, same kind reaction as my car.

Car is a little dirty, hard to clean car in the cold. Sensors, four of them, on the rear bumper, They didn't look that dirty, cleaned just the sensors.

No Way, again I'm looking stupid!

Problem solved.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI