Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HP Tuners MPVI2 versus DiabloSport Trinity

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm probably not telling anybody much of anything that they don't already know...

BUT... After my experience with DiabloSport and it literally bricking my car (with a LOCKED PCM) and struggling with it for a couple of years.

Now that I've just recently picked up a HP Tuners MPVI2, in the couple of hours that I've been screwing around with it, I have to say, it makes the Trinity look like every bit of the piece of :poop: that it is.

The Trinity was so bad, and like I said, it BRICKED my LOCKED PCM, that it turned me off of tuning for years.

The HP Tuners hardware and software is everything (nearly) that I would expect from a piece of hardware/software.

Yeah, I know, everybody else knew, I'm just amazed at the difference.

Anybody want a Trinity for cheap?

Seriously, I've got a Trinity, if you want it, make me a offer...

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I also have an old Trinity. I haven't used it in 3 years or so.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Add another to the list! After being told a tuner would help me out then blowing me off, I guess I’ll join the ranks of HP tuners also!

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I'm probably not telling anybody much of anything that they don't already know...

BUT... After my experience with DiabloSport and it literally bricking my car (with a LOCKED PCM) and struggling with it for a couple of years.

Now that I've just recently picked up a HP Tuners MPVI2, in the couple of hours that I've been screwing around with it, I have to say, it makes the Trinity look like every bit of the piece of :poop: that it is.

The Trinity was so bad, and like I said, it BRICKED my LOCKED PCM, that it turned me off of tuning for years.

The HP Tuners hardware and software is everything (nearly) that I would expect from a piece of hardware/software.

Yeah, I know, everybody else knew, I'm just amazed at the difference.

Anybody want a Trinity for cheap?

Seriously, I've got a Trinity, if you want it, make me a offer...
repurpose it...........makes a great paper weight;)

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Ok, I’ve been trying to decide which way to go with the Redeye. I think you guys have convinced me.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #6
Ok, I’ve been trying to decide which way to go with the Redeye. I think you guys have convinced me.
I'd offer the Trinity up to you for cheap, but I wouldn't want to **** a fellow forum, and Military, friend like that...

:LOL:

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
We quit even supporting Diablo. Even on the tuner side of things I find HPtuners to be much more user friendly. As far as actually writing the tunes Im sure its mostly the person behind the keyboard, but even then ESPECIALLY on the transmission side of things, there are parameters not available with diablo that are available in HPT

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
I have never had problems with my diablo sport tuning but then again I'm not into it as deep as some of you guys on here. I have been using it since way back when you could turn your rear 02's off with them. on Mustangs in the late 90's early 2k. but I do know the HP is superior in fine-tuning parameters than the diablos.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #9
I have never had problems with my diablo sport tuning but then again I'm not into it as deep as some of you guys on here. I have been using it since way back when you could turn your rear 02's off with them. on Mustangs in the late 90's early 2k. but I do know the HP is superior in fine-tuning parameters than the diablos.

More specifically, my real problem with the Trinity is the 1980's level firmware mentality. I've had wristwatches with more functionality and logic than the Trinity.

Oh, and it's uncanny ability to brick a locked PCM... THAT little piece of history I'll never forget... I've got an implant that I got after a failed crown after I cracked a tooth that day gritting my ******* teeth because I was seeing crimson red....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Wow bricking a locked ECM, that's a new one. I used a Trinity on my old Challenger (it's all we had) and had lots of problems. I ended up having to use a Predator to load tunes and the Trinity to data log. It sucked. The one thing I did like is it's small form factor attached to the windshield and I could hit "record log" right before a run easily. If HPT comes out with an interface like that it'll be perfect in my opinion. Having the laptop in the car isn't a huge deal, I've got a small one, but would rather something the size of a phone instead.

Software wise it's night and day difference. HPTuners is awesome. They also give back to the community and sponsor ChallengerFest each year so there's that too. I begged Diablo for years and they wouldn't even respond.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #11
Wow bricking a locked ECM, that's a new one.

The icing on the cake was the :poop: response I got from them when I asked, then begged for help with my dead car... :mad:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, on my old car when I got the Trinity the first thing it wanted to do was update my cal ID. Wouldn't let you do anything until you did that. Ok sure. Completed the process and it introduced a bug where the throttle was completely dead until about 20% input. Opened a case with Diablo to fix it, and they said it was a result of changed Dodge had made to M6 cars to avoid a "buck bobble" condition. I had to mail the ECM off and have it flashed back to the old calid then use the Predator for loading tunes. So yep.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I'd offer the Trinity up to you for cheap, but I wouldn't want to **** a fellow forum, and Military, friend like that...

:LOL:
Thank you brother.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I actually have two Trinity's I've been afraid to give to anyone LOL

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Are people seeing the same issues with the i3 or the newer version or the trinity they have out?

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #16
Are people seeing the same issues with the i3 or the newer version or the trinity they have out?

I don't have any experience with the newer stuff.

For a while I kept wanting to try it, thinking and believing that it was new generation stuff, and hoping that they had gotten away from that 1980 bullshit firmware mentality.

But I kept having to remind myself of the experience I had in dealing with the company itself.

My .02 is that it's a company culture issue. Their new stuff could be amazing, but if they haven't also fixed their attitude, it matters not.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I don't have any experience with the newer stuff.

For a while I kept wanting to try it, thinking and believing that it was new generation stuff, and hoping that they had gotten away from that 1980 bullshit firmware mentality.

But I kept having to remind myself of the experience I had in dealing with the company itself.

My .02 is that it's a company culture issue. Their new stuff could be amazing, but if they haven't also fixed their attitude, it matters not.
Kind of like running into an old girl friend you broke up with. She looks great, but you have to slap yourself and say " Don't do that shit again " It didn't work last time; what makes you think it will work this time.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Who has the best price on HP tuners and all required cables? Maybe we can get a group buy price???

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #19
Who has the best price on HP tuners and all required cables? Maybe we can get a group buy price???

While I didn't do extensive research, what I did find indicated fixed pricing everywhere... :unsure:

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Duaterhoff was just running a 15% off sale for HPTuners products/credits....not sure if he still is or not but I’m sure if you guys went to him with a large enough order he would hook you up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk