Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hmm even I am surprised damn now I’ll have to find out on my own lol....GT500 roll race beats the RE!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Videos are subjective. Watch around 17:00...

DGatzby

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Videos are subjective. Watch around 17:00...

If he could keep his hands off the paddles and quit short shifting it, the RE would have whooped their ass even more.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lucketts
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #63
If he could keep his hands off the paddles and quit short shifting it, the RE would have whooped their ass even more.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

DGatzby

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
As you know I have posted the same all over the place. I just don’t know what makes them all just think they are so much smarter than the machine. Do they think it can’t shift on its own? I have had mine to the floor on those road tracks as long as about anyone, and these things have a perfect mind of their own at WOT in the upper gears. It is consistent and they like drinking that gas all the way into that red area. To short it by a few hundred RPM is cutting the RE off at about just HC power or less. Plus after the shift, the car is at a bit lower RPM than optimal. Those guys still do well because the torque curve is so great even at low RPM. Face it, MT did that big drag race, from 1/4 to 1/2 mile only the Aston and the McLaren bettered it between those markers. I hope you guys can get a clean spot to have fun.