Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellephant transplant

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Dyno numbers greatly differ, talk to the guys using a mustang dyno, the track tells the truth. Dyno is only a tool. We can agree is disagree on this.
Right it’s a tuning tool and there are variations between each dyno.
The track can’t tell you how much horsepower your car makes just like a dyno can’t tell you your 1/4 time. You don’t look at a thermometer to check your weight... but it’s great at telling you your temperature.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds & looks BAD ASS !

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Right it’s a tuning tool and there are variations between each dyno.
The track can’t tell you how much horsepower your car makes just like a dyno can’t tell you your 1/4 time. You don’t look at a thermometer to check your weight... but it’s great at telling you your temperature.
Jack,

No one cares how much HP you have because it is essentially just bullshit. What catches people attention is a time slip, or a win light, just reality. Keep believing the dyno numbers rock, see if you can get sponsors from dyno numbers, lets keep it real. What packs the stands or inspires articles is what happens at the track, not some bullshit dyno numbers, IMO.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@cole3986 - and you’re allowed your opinion. A lot of people have made a lot of money selling horsepower and 1/4mi times. They both have their place... no need to have blinders on. There are dozens of other reasons to make horsepower... none of which care about how quickly a car can get from 0-1320 feet... NASCAR, F1, rally, autocross, road racing... not to mention tractor pulling, boat racing, the list goes on and on... they all NEED horsepower, but they don’t NEED to run 8s.
Your world revolves around weight reduction, traction, and tuning to get your car to run as quick as it can for as short of a time as possible... with as little horsepower as possible. That’s important to you and a ton of other people. Tuning an engine using a dyno matters to everyone. Come on man, you know it’s true.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
@cole3986
@Jack_Toepfer

I'm going to give you guys a view of what I see in my area . I know a guy that drives around with a dyno sheet in his car( it's laminate )to show everyone how much HP/TQ his car has . He never races it and it barely goes over the speed limit . To him is simply bragging rights. There are acutelly a few guys in my neck of the woods that's all they care about is bragging right . I am the exact opposite. I will probably never dyno my car because I could care less about how much HP/TQ I have . I want a time slip and not just a hero run in ideal conditions I'm talk this is what my car runs in less then perfect conditions .
Everyone has different goals for themselves and their toys . To each their own .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My goal for the Hellcat has been 10.00 in any weather as that's the class I normally target and you don't have to get too crazy to get there. Ran three 10.0x at 139mph yesterday in miserable DA at MSHS KY. Mission accomplished.

I am curious what power the car makes as well just to have a reference. So if I wanna go 9.50 I know what to do whether it be suspension or more power or both.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
@cole3986 - and you’re allowed your opinion. A lot of people have made a lot of money selling horsepower and 1/4mi times. They both have their place... no need to have blinders on. There are dozens of other reasons to make horsepower... none of which care about how quickly a car can get from 0-1320 feet... NASCAR, F1, rally, autocross, road racing... not to mention tractor pulling, boat racing, the list goes on and on... they all NEED horsepower, but they don’t NEED to run 8s.
Your world revolves around weight reduction, traction, and tuning to get your car to run as quick as it can for as short of a time as possible... with as little horsepower as possible. That’s important to you and a ton of other people. Tuning an engine using a dyno matters to everyone. Come on man, you know it’s true.
Jack,

With a racer perspective, we are looking to get our stuff quicker, it does not matter the venue (e.g. boats, bikes, cars, off road, F1, etc.). Based on my experience, everyone is data logging and adjusting the tune accordingly.

IMO, the dyno numbers are used to generate business (make money) and have no correlation to reality. An example of this was the MSHS event at Kentucky held yesterday. Soo many cars supposed to be stupid quick, all this stuff done, dyno numbers posted, etc. The number 1 qualifier in the 8.50 super pro was me, at 9.15, which is not good. I ran a 9.006 during eliminations but the track was greasy. Please don't take this the wrong way, you are good egg, enjoy your company, and make very good points.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
2 words.....

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Well my guy Marc Built by SRT Autoworks got it done in Kentucky. 8.90 blower only and cheater spray. Over all everyone in here did a really good job in Kentucky. Hellno woooped sum but and a few others did great. I believe Cole kicked some a$$ as well. Congrats everyone!👍

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Man that car sounds awesome!!! Reminds me of the hot rods of my youth!!