Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat shakes

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #21
Both my hemis shake when first start up. Hellcat always has car movement. It’s fine. Oil is thick until it’s at operating temp. OP didn’t give us any additional details, ambient temp, fuel in car, is car stock, how many miles. Would still like to see a pic
Car is stock, it was a cold start. Ambient was low 60s. Felt like it was out of balance, if that makes sense. Like a washing machine with all the clothes on one side....

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yep, both my hemis do that for a second or 2. How many miles? How bad was it? Would still like to see some pics of the car man
Car is stock, it was a cold start. Ambient was low 60s. Felt like it was out of balance, if that makes sense. Like a washing machine with all the clothes on one side....

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Kinda strange. Keep attentive. Maybe it was just a temporary injector stick or something.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Probably a blown motor I wouldnt worry about it lol J/K.....

Could be something as simple as some bad gas then the knock sensor picked it up and adjusted.... Happens. My Hawk doesnt seem all that happy at start-up either sometimes but after a minute its fine.

Now it cold starts fine. That was weird.