Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Has Anyone Totaled Their Muscle Car And Got Hurt?

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
When I was still living in Brooklyn, New York, my friends and I did a lot of street racing. This was long before there were shows on TV such Street Outlaws. I was racing a 1969 Nova SS with my 1967 Coronet R/T in a deserted factory area. Halfway through the race, one of my slicks blew out and I lost control and ran into the back of a parked tractor trailer. I blacked out and when I woke up two firemen were cutting me out of my car. I spent the next two weeks in the hospital with a fractured skull, two broken ribs, and a broken shoulder. To this day I have a small plate in my forehead and pins in my shoulder.

I did not learn my lesson and still love fast cars. I don’t race as often as I would like to because my health is failing. But I still have the need for speed!

BKuz

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Wow, could have been worse hitting such a heavy hunk of steel. How old were you then; how old are you now?

OP
Bkuz

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I was 19 years old when I had my accident! That accident was the final straw for my parents! They told me that I had to join the military. They said the military would calm me down and stop me from racing and doing other crazy shit. I just turned 65 years old. I am surprised that I made it this long and am still alive!

Sorry! I guess there was a similar post back in July! My bad!

BKuz

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Soooo, did the military calm you down and stop you from racing and doing other crazy shit? :)

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
I was 19 years old when I had my accident! That accident was the final straw for my parents! They told me that I had to join the military. They said the military would calm me down and stop me from racing and doing other crazy shit. I just turned 65 years old. I am surprised that I made it this long and am still alive!

Sorry! I guess there was a similar post back in July! My bad!

BKuz
Glad you made it and survived!

Last edited:
OP
Bkuz

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
The Air Force did not calm me down. When I was stationed in Germany, I would race my BMW on the Autobahn.

I would race back in 1974 to 1976 on Greenpoint Ave. in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

BKuz

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Air Force did not calm me down. When I was stationed in Germany, I would race my BMW on the Autobahn.

I would race back in 1974 to 1976 on Greenpoint Ave. in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

BKuz
I actually saw some of the street cars that raced in Brooklyn and Long Island in person back in 1972. I had some heads ported and blueprinted by Joe Jill at Speedwin Automotive on Long Island for my 13.6:1 A12 Road Runner build. I saw some awesome machines in the shop. He had a S&M RoadRunner on the lift that he said was a local street racer. There may have been a custom painted Hemi Superbird. He was a Mopar guy and had a Super Stock Dart in the shop. It was an experience. As far as my 67 heads that he did, all I can say is I could walk away on the top end from some max wedge race cars back then.

Last edited:

1971demon

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Sorry! My bad! I was thinking it was Philadelphia. I saw some of the street cars that raced in Brooklyn and Long Island in person back in 1972. I had some heads ported and blueprinted by Joe Jill at Speedwin Automotive on Long Island for my 13.6:1 A12 Road Runner build. I saw some awesome machines in the shop. He had a S&M RoadRunner on the lift that he said was a local street racer. There may have been a custom painted Hemi Superbird. He was a Mopar guy and had a Super Stock Dart in the shop. It was an experience. As far as my 67 heads that he did, all I can say is I could walk away on the top end from some max wedge race cars back then.
Never wrecked a muscle car..ever...bikes..totaled two of em..

Mean Cat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Totaled my first car 1973 Cutlass Supreme, in a ditch into a culvert, not hurt.

Totaled a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang, rolled it in a ditch when it was raining, not hurt.

Totaled 2015 Mustang GT Procharged, at the track, not hurt.

In that order :LOL:

Mean Cat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
When I was still living in Brooklyn, New York, my friends and I did a lot of street racing. This was long before there were shows on TV such Street Outlaws. I was racing a 1969 Nova SS with my 1967 Coronet R/T in a deserted factory area. Halfway through the race, one of my slicks blew out and I lost control and ran into the back of a parked tractor trailer. I blacked out and when I woke up two firemen were cutting me out of my car. I spent the next two weeks in the hospital with a fractured skull, two broken ribs, and a broken shoulder. To this day I have a small plate in my forehead and pins in my shoulder.

I did not learn my lesson and still love fast cars. I don’t race as often as I would like to because my health is failing. But I still have the need for speed!

BKuz
You still got it Bkuz !

1971demon

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Totaled a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang, rolled it in a ditch when it was raining, not hurt.

Shoulda lived in an area with sewers...coulda avoided the ;););)ditches

Mean Cat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was way off topic. Never wrecked any muscle car but did have a very minor fender bender street racing in Boston where some old guy in a big old Delta 88 Olds pulled out of a parking space and crossed 3 lanes to make a left just as we were hitting 4th gear. It sure could have been worse. I stood on the brakes but just caught his left rear bumper with my front right fender. I acted like I was going to pull back to the curb. Hate to say it but I took off and left him sitting there. I had no money and wasn’t going to make a claim as a 21 year old back then. Can you say “assigned risk”! Nobody injured.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think like most of us, I've had at least 1/2 dozen different incidents that could have taken my life, so I feel blessed to still be here, but I think the good Lord wanted me to live a long time so I could have more stuff :poop: that I've done, to regret o_O:LOL:

1971demon

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was way off topic. Never wrecked any muscle car but did have a very minor fender bender street racing in Boston where some old guy in a big old Delta 88 Olds pulled out of a parking space and crossed 3 lanes to make a left just as we were hitting 4th gear. It sure could have been worse. I stood on the brakes but just caught his left rear bumper with my front right fender. I acted like I was going to pull back to the curb. Hate to say it but I took off and left him sitting there. I had no money and wasn’t going to make a claim as a 21 year old back then. Can you say “assigned risk”!
Hey he;s long gone now...who knows..he just may have m*ther f*cked you all the way to his grave...:oops::oops::oops:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

Please tell us the story about totaling the '15 Mustang. (y)

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
I would like to because my health is failing. But I still have the need for speed!

BKuz
I wish you the best!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Matt someone with an SRT Off Topic Chat 6
ChargerChallenger General Automotive Discussions 7
ChargerChallenger General FCA Discussions 52
tkracing1 Off Topic Chat 16
B General Automotive Discussions 39
Bigboss0139 New Member Introduction 30
tkracing1 General Automotive Discussions 72
ChargerChallenger Off Topic Chat 4
ChargerChallenger General Automotive Discussions 20