Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Generators - Harbor freight don't tempt me

OP
jonx96

jonx96

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #61
I finally bought one Costco has it 200 off online this week. 7500 running and tri fuel. 7500 is on gas
31896A55-47DD-4823-BCA0-E94139AFAAF0.jpeg

fubar569

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not a bad deal at all!

Costco was cheaper than everyone else to start and threw in 200 off? Quickjack deal all over again.

Kinda funny though...just had my pulsar 12k out today to try to run some fuel out of it. Ran it for an hr and gave up. I'll drain it the old fashioned way tomorrow. Lol

Started and ran with zero issue though. First try.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #63
It appears to have a lot of similarities to the champion.

Deano

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Glad I started reading these posts. I was reminded to go out and check my standby generator. It was inoperative, I had failed to check it since August.
Now, trying to find a competent repairman.

Last edited:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mustang, Boxster, Ram 1500, Ram 3500, Fit
Glad I started reading these posts. I was reminded to go out and check my standby generator. I was inoperative, I had failed to check it since August.

I need to look mine over to

fubar569

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Glad I started reading these posts. I was reminded to go out and check my standby generator. I was inoperative, I had failed to check it since August.
Now you know.

Most important to verify these things once every month or two.

I run the standard E10 in mine I'm pretty sure but all have a fuel treatment added like sta-bil or something else. The E0 rec fuel is 4.25 a gallon here now. Oof.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now you know.

Most important to verify these things once every month or two.

I run the standard E10 in mine I'm pretty sure but all have a fuel treatment added like sta-bil or something else. The E0 rec fuel is 4.25 a gallon here now. Oof.

All 3 of mine are hooked to propane. I usually start them monthly, and let them run for a while, but its now been 3 months...my bad

fubar569

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All 3 of mine are hooked to propane. I usually start them monthly, and let them run for a while, but its now been 3 months...my bad
I need to get my propane bank set up in the spring. Wanted to set up at least 4 100's which should be good for just over 4 days of use.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have 3 buried 1000 gallon tanks.
One is for the barns, two the house, three the hangar.

TraxMoe

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Harbors
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
looking 4 POS slasher
Glad I started reading these posts. I was reminded to go out and check my standby generator. It was inoperative, I had failed to check it since August.
You should always consider ME - MYSELF & I first, you're always the best first defense in ferreting out the dishonest ones

Deano

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Probem is I called 4 of the Generac authorized servise companies listed, Only one had a repair tech soonest available this Friday. No one else called back.

Mean Cat

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My standby automatically starts once a week & does a self check & lets me know if it's good or not through a app that's on my phone, perty cool.
Generac 13kw gen. 2

fubar569

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My standby automatically starts once a week & does a self check & lets me know if it's good or not through a app that's on my phone, perty cool.
Generac 13kw gen. 2
This is my next move at my forever house. I don't know if this house is it though. Thus the portable 12k for now.

Automatic standby. full whole home ATS. No BS.

Mean Cat

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Probem is I called 4 of the Generac authorized servise companies listed, Only one had a repair tech soonest available this Friday. No one else called back.
That sucks waiting on repair tech, I installed mine myself & now very familure with it & how to trouble shoot issues for future issues if any. The Generac comes with a 5 year warranty.

Mean Cat

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This is my next move at my forever house. I don't know if this house is it though. Thus the portable 12k for now.

Automatic standby. full whole home ATS. No BS.
After going through the freeze this past February & out of power for 3 days & freezing my ass off. I ordered it the next week & installed in April. I said I will never be without power again for any reason in any house no matter when or where it's at from here on out. Plus it adds value to any house when selling or I will take it with me. Worth every penny, $4500 total with me installing it.

Deano

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
I installed mine as well, but have no idea how to trouble shoot much less repair, like these newer vehicles.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
Generac 13kw gen. 2

Do you change the oil every 6 months?

: p

TraxMoe

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Harbors
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
looking 4 POS slasher
Absolutely agree, but in hindsight, I would rather have gone down the road of a dedicated Generac.

Then when I'm powered up, I'm not alerting the entire world to my generator, and also won't keep my neighbors awake, and pissed off, while I'm running my furnace at 2am.
Bull , I hope you're kidding about keeping your neighbors awake at 2 a.m. [sleeping]. Don't you live on an acreage ? [headslap] How close is your nearest neighbor 1/2 mile , maybe more ? [welcome] Do your neighbors sleep with the windows open in the winter when they don't have power ? [facepalm] They must be trying to let the heat in [bash] They wouldn't be pissed off if you ran temporary power to their house to power the furnace for them. Unless you live where the power is constantly failing for long periods of time , is it really necessary to have your whole house powered during an outage during those time ? I have an inverter / generator for my trailer that gets more trailer use and I can use it in an emergency for the house if I need to .

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
Bull , I hope you're kidding about keeping your neighbors awake at 2 a.m. [sleeping]. Don't you live on an acreage ? [headslap] How close is your nearest neighbor 1/2 mile , maybe more ? [welcome] Do your neighbors sleep with the windows open in the winter when they don't have power ? [facepalm] They must be trying to let the heat in [bash] They wouldn't be pissed off if you ran temporary power to their house to power the furnace for them. Unless you live where the power is constantly failing for long periods of time , is it really necessary to have your whole house powered during an outage during those time ? I have an inverter / generator for my trailer that gets more trailer use and I can use it in an emergency for the house if I need to .

You must have me confused with @ChargerChallenger who lives on a 1500 acre estate. I'm on a 10,000ft lot and I can (in theory) piss on my neighbor's walls.

Ok, maybe not quite THAT close, but close enough to annoy the shit out of them.

1634415089685.png

Last edited:

jroyk

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
You must have me confused with @ChargerChallenger who lives on a 1500 acre estate. I'm on a 10,000ft lot and I can (in theory) piss on my neighbor's walls.

Ok, maybe not quite THAT close, but close enough to annoy the shit out of them.

View attachment 55863
When I was younger I could’a reached them. Not so much these days. :cry: