Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Emissions Testing

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
So in the mail today is an "offer" to ante up my HC for emissions testing by the Automotive Testing and Development Services for a government mandated test program to measure emissions of FCA vehicles. If my car is "chosen" I'll get 1) a fully insured loaner w/unlimited mileage and a full tank of fuel, 2) when my car is returned it'll be washed and have a full tank of fuel and 3) a check for $500. The testing takes 6-12 weeks and they'll put approx 100 miles on the car while testing on a dyno under simulated real world driving conditions. They must be nuts. Really 6-12 weeks? $500? Ha! Ha! Ha! Hell No!! Funny thing is the letterhead still has FCA on it and is dated 2-22-21. 😲😲

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I got one too. Didn't open it until I read your post. I wish there was a "FU" box to check and return. :mad:

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
They will be better off buying used Hellcats and reselling, or "burrowing" cars from their own dealers used car inventory.

I doubt anyone here would fall for this. Only "appliance" type owners would get hooked into something like this.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Oh that’s rich! F them...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
If I owned a ‘16 Journey with a hundred K on it, I might be tempted.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I'm in..........for the FU box.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So in the mail today is an "offer" to ante up my HC for emissions testing by the Automotive Testing and Development Services for a government mandated test program to measure emissions of FCA vehicles. If my car is "chosen" I'll get 1) a fully insured loaner w/unlimited mileage and a full tank of fuel, 2) when my car is returned it'll be washed and have a full tank of fuel and 3) a check for $500. The testing takes 6-12 weeks and they'll put approx 100 miles on the car while testing on a dyno under simulated real world driving conditions. They must be nuts. Really 6-12 weeks? $500? Ha! Ha! Ha! Hell No!! Funny thing is the letterhead still has FCA on it and is dated 2-22-21. 😲😲
😂😂😭😭

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Hard no :ROFLMAO: - Last year had a local 'rapper' offer $500 to put my car in a shitty music video... The government and these rent-a-rapper wannabes need to buy their own to test/beat on :whistle:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well is the loaner car another Hellcat? In that case I would, and then pretend every day is a SRT Track Experience! Who am I kidding, I do that anyway... ;)

OP
Smitty

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Thread Starter #10
Well is the loaner car another Hellcat? In that case I would, and then pretend every day is a SRT Track Experience! Who am I kidding, I do that anyway... ;)
I guess if it was another HC I’d pause at least a second before I said FU and threw it in the garbage but with my luck it’d be a 5 yr old Prius☹️