Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #701
I carry the tool with me and extra valves all the time and pressure gauge
I do too. But I think you are taking about the schrader valve or valve stem core. Yes they come loose. I also have had them stick open on those win lite front wheels. Added some air. Go to the other side of the car and do the same. Come back over to the first side to put the cap back on, tire is FLAT! Valve core was tight, just stuck open. I have had good luck with those by squirting a little WD40 and then add some air right after. Never stuck again after that.

In my post above I am talking about the TPMS NUT Coming loose. The external aluminum nut on the TPMS Valve Stem.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I do too. But I think you are taking about the schrader valve or valve stem core. Yes they come loose. I also have had them stick open on those win lite front wheels. Added some air. Go to the other side of the car and do the same. Come back over to the first side to put the cap back on, tire is FLAT! Valve core was tight, just stuck open. I have had good luck with those by squirting a little WD40 and then add some air right after. Never stuck again after that.

In my post above I am talking about the TPMS NUT Coming loose. The external aluminum nut on the TPMS Valve Stem.
Ohh! Yeah, that’s not good

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Mine didn't necessarily "come loose", it was tight and was checked to the bottom end of the tq spec. Consequently, it was ruled as not being the issue (and by Michelin Engineering that helped me troubleshoot the issue at my garage).

It was only when we really started to go crazy and were double/triple/quadruple checking things that one of the guys from Michelin very firmly pressed against the TPMS stem (simulating centripetal force from very high speed) that we got it to leak.

Re-torqued everything to the very top of the TPMS nut tq spec and magically we were no longer able to cause a leak, and confirmed it with a ~180mph run (unofficial).

Another thing I did was to replace the o-rings and very carefully debur the hole the next time I dismounted the tires, but I did this after we had already solved the issue.

A deeper dive into why I didn't initially use the high end of the tq spec is that, one, it's not normally considered good practice when given a tq range, and frankly, when you do use that spec, it really doesn't feel right, that nut doesn't give good feedback when tq'ing that much, but I think some of that is the rubber interface on the stem.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #704
I should start a DRAGRCR DEMON 170 Thread. But I want to wait until the car is built etc. Even right now my Dealer is unresponsive. Emails to my salesman and the GM go unanswered. Maybe my Sales Guy is on Vacation or quit and the GM won't deal with customers I guess. I want to find out what my VIN is.........

In the mean time I am working on wheels and tires. I am putting together 2 complete sets of Win Lites with MT's, and Hoosier Race tires.

OK, so the 18X5 fronts with the hoosier race tires are completed. That is the wheels I put the TPMS sensor in with the screw. SUPER interesting. I put the sensor 180 Deg from the Valve stem, which is metal small diameter with a double nut. I take them out to my Truck and give them a quick look over. One has 1/4 OZ of weight. Bitchen. I guess the Valve Stem and Sensor weigh about the same. And that tire is damn light. I look at the other one.....NO Weights. HMMmmmmmmmmm
I go inside and talk to my Tire Guy, Technician really. I ask him, he looks right at me, lowers his voice and says "the machine said Zero". Amazing.

The other pair that are finished are the 17X10 Win Lites with the 315/50R17 ET STREET R's on them. Second place but nearly as good in my book, considering. So I have the wheel balanced by its self before mounting the tire. We use black weight for this and it never has to be done again, unless, in this case I swapped valve stems for TPMS sensors. So wheel is zero with about 2.5 OZ 180 deg from the TPMS. All is good. Then he mounted the tire and places my small piece of green masking tape right where the weight should go. And then he writes the value on it. These tires can take 6-8 OZ of weight sometimes and they will warrantee them if more than 1% of the overall tire weight. First tire I look at he had written 2.00 OZ on the tape. YES! That is good. I look at the other one and it's 1.25 OZ, even better. I am really hoping this is the rule from now on especially since this is the OEM tire for the Demon 170 now. Maybe they improved the process since Dodge wanted a higher quality Tire that would balance within a tighter spec. I only hope so.......

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #705
It's amazing what an 8' Strap and a 4' Axle strap and a 10'X2"X4" lever and a few blocks of wood and 2 floor jacks and a milk crate can do. I have been conceptualizing this for a while and finally got around to doing it today. Will fit nicely inside the Trailer in front of the car.

MOVING CRATE 2.jpg MOVING CRATE.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #706
I guess all I had to do is get that Crate ready to go, and then . . . . .B O O M !

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
I guess all I had to do is get that Crate ready to go, and then . . . . .B O O M !
So you sold your Demon?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #708
Yes. Yesterday.

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
Nice! Good job🏆.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Congrats.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Confidence level you'll get the 170? Plan B if not?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #712
Confidence level you'll get the 170? Plan B if not?
Well, with this current car sold I am pretty sure I will be able to get a SRT Demon 170. Confidence level HIGH. Like I said, I was at the reveal and as soon as the car was shown and once the basic details were shown, I knew I would do what I had to in order to get one. And that meant not racing all summer to conserve the current Demon and take my time selling it. Honestly I did not think I would have to sell it but then I found out I had to. So, at least that part of the saga is written in history.

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Well, with this current car sold I am pretty sure I will be able to get a SRT Demon 170. Confidence level HIGH. Like I said, I was at the reveal and as soon at the car was shown and once the basic details were shown, I knew I would do what I had to in order to get one. And that meant not racing all summer to conserve the current Demon and take my time selling it. Honestly I did not think I would have to sell it but then I found out I had to. So, at least that part of the saga is written in history.
I was pretty sure you would get a 170 at all costs. You seem like a pretty resilient man. I look forward to your journey with the new Halo car from Dodge. If anyone will run it hard it's you.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #714
Doing 60K service on the RAM. Changing the Transmission filter kicked my ass. You have two choices. Pull the Transmission cross member or get smaller hands. That crossmember is a big nasty ol thing. Why not make it shaped so you can give me just 1/2" more clearance? Honestly there is NO REASON not to do this. They should make the designers change these filters all day every day for a year. Or quit.

This time I pulled the Crossmember.

I have done it with the crossmember in place but that takes dexterity, the right tools and patience. Seriously. And then going back on with the Pan and Gasket is not so certain as just lifting it right up there with the crossmember out of the way......

Trying to get ready for the big GO! To pick up Demon 170's. Me and my close friend Hellcat Dan have cars on order within 125 miles of each other in TX. So a couple trips back and forth since we will be using my Truck/Trailer to get his.....

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #715
OK, lots of things being posted on the SRT Demon 170 front. In here, the other forum and FB. And I did get a VIN Match order in at quite a bit over MSRP way back on April 5th.. Very close to the Standard ADM. And I will say as time went on I do feel TRULY Blessed. But I get out there and race nearly every week, post videos and start threads etc. I try to represent and I sincerely beleive there are MANY amazing folks working at Dodge/Stellantis. I mean, think about this , we ARE getting Demon 170's.

Every person in my close circle of Friends has their VIN and their POC showing the VON etc. Every one. Me, still NOTHING.

Well, I found out today why my order has not been processed and moved over into VOIM. It's because they do not know what COLOR that I want my car to be Painted. Color is part of the order and it's on the POC. T R U L Y Blessed. And kind of blown away really. Thank You.

Last edited:

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
OK, lots of things being posted on the SRT Demon 170 front. In here, the other forum and FB. And I did get a VIN Match order in at quite a bit over MSRP way back on April 5th.. Very close to the Standard ADM. And I will say as time went on I do feel TRULY Blessed. But I get out there and race nearly every week, post videos and start threads etc. I rty to represent and I sincerely beleive there are MANY amazing folks working at Dodge/Stellantis. I mean, think about this , we ARE getting Demon 170's.

Every person in my close circle of Friends has their VIN and their POC showing the VON etc. Every one. Me, still NOTHING.

Well, I found out today why my order has not been processed and moved over into VOIM. It's because they do not know what COLOR that I want my car to be Painted. Color is part of the order and it's on the POC. T R U L Y Blessed. And kind of blown away really. Thank You.
What color are you hoping to get Ron?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #717
What color are you hoping to get Ron?
I have 40 choices but will not see them until late next week. I will start a proper thread when I do. I am thinking Panther Pink with the Black hood. But I also like Dark Turquoise/Teal Blue and Butterscotch.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have 40 choices but will not see them until late next week. I will start a proper thread when I do. I am thinking Panther Pink with the Black hood. But I also like Dark Turquoise/Teal Blue and Butterscotch.
Panther Pink is a choice, wow

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Must be April 1st all over. LOL.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #720
Panther Pink is a choice, wow
I am assuming. Email says 20, 1970 Dodge Challenger heritage colors and 20 new modern colors chosen by the Ddoge Team.