Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge CEO: Muscle Cars Soon to Be Powered by Electric Vehicle Technology

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
🤬. As far as I’m concerned muscle cars use ice’s. No electric muscle, they’re going to have to call them something else. Sorry.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If you can’t hear it, it is not a Muscle Car.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
I've heard the new design EV muscle car will be a retro of this design...

Why do I feel like the next decade is going to completely suck?

1981_dodge_challenger-pic-130622002169873383-1600x1200.jpeg

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
🤬. As far as I’m concerned muscle cars use ice’s. No electric muscle, they’re going to have to call them something else. Sorry.
Yep and that’s why I bought the most retro looking new muscle car and avoided the ones that appear to be designed in an origami studio.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6

View attachment 36471
the really bad part is, if they look anything like f0rds electric butt-sting, I'd rather have this 40 year old rebadged weak-a$$ import

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
If you can’t hear it, it is not a Muscle Car.
The sound of it is very important. What are they going to do? Put speakers and a sound machine on the outside?
It's all just more technology to go wrong at some point in the future... no thanks.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Embrace tech or be left behind. It's all a matter of perspective, what's important in the grand overall scheme of each individuals wants, needs and desires.

I will never own an A8, they just don't sound right. O they try, but nothing compares to the sound of muscle in front of a manual transmission.

But to each there own...:love:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Embrace tech or be left behind. It's all a matter of perspective, what's important in the grand overall scheme of each individuals wants, needs and desires.

I will never own an A8, they just don't sound right. O they try, but nothing compares to the sound of muscle in front of a manual transmission.

Considering the current state of our culture and the world, I stand proudly behind.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The people saying and making EV’s need to hope the customer has electricity to charge them. Hey California (and other places), you have enough power today let alone for tomorrow? Let me help....NO!

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Torque assist + stop start tech is where Dodge will start; enhance muscle cars not replace. Who wouldn't like to see some electric assist motors on the front wheels on the redesign to aid in the launch/traction department?

Stop/start is the logical next step to improve the EPA mileage numbers while keeping what we want. That's where a lot of fuel gets used up (LOL, I know we're talking EPA mileage cycle not real world)

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Torque assist + stop start tech is where Dodge will start; enhance muscle cars not replace. Who wouldn't like to see some electric assist motors on the front wheels on the redesign to aid in the launch/traction department?

Stop/start is the logical next step to improve the EPA mileage numbers while keeping what we want. That's where a lot of fuel gets used up (LOL, I know we're talking EPA mileage cycle not real world)
I HATE the Start/Stop. My Wife's Jeep has it and it's the first thing I turn off whenever I drive it. Thank God my Ram doesn't have it. It literally drives me crazy.

To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of faith of FCA or Stellantis, whatever, of designing a reliable automobile with electronic assist and such. Just think of all the complex additional parts that will fail and how much time these cars will probably spend in the shop under warranty. I'd want no business of owning anything like that out of warranty.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I HATE the Start/Stop.
Did we just become best friends? I was just going to say the same thing, I hate driving cars with this, will never buy one that does if I can help it!

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
I HATE the Start/Stop. My Wife's Jeep has it and it's the first thing I turn off whenever I drive it. Thank God my Ram doesn't have it. It literally drives me crazy.

To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of faith of FCA or Stellantis, whatever, of designing a reliable automobile with electronic assist and such. Just think of all the complex additional parts that will fail and how much time these cars will probably spend in the shop under warranty. I'd want no business of owning anything like that out of warranty.
Did we just become best friends? I was just going to say the same thing, I hate driving cars with this, will never buy one that does if I can help it!
New Best Friend here. Hate the start/stop and extra hate paying for the R&D and parts to have it.

Funny thing would be seeing the Tesla & Prius drivers around you when your Cat fires up at a light :LOL:

Last edited:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The people saying and making EV’s need to hope the customer has electricity to charge them. Hey California (and other places), you have enough power today let alone for tomorrow? Let me help....NO!
Nevermind California. Here in Quebec we supply eastern Ontario and some Northern States besides ourselves with electricity. They are constantly telling us when it is very cold in winter, or hot in the summer, to watch our usage and try to conserve so as not to over tax the system. They are trying to make only Ev's available as new vehicles by 2030 or 2035.
They may have to spend a ton on upgrades or stop selling to everyone else.
Seeing as the government owns the electric company. Once this happens and revenue from gas tax drops?
What will happen to the price of electricity. As it is now it is the only thing we aren't getting totally screwed on.
I guess not for long. This province is one of the highest taxed in North America.
The gas cars will have added fees also, likely.
I got the new registration for my cars.
My 300 with the 3.6 doesn't get an extra fee for engine size and it is $230/yr.
My Ram being a 5.7, so added engine size tax as well as Luxury vehicle tax because of it's value is $539/yr.
Once EV's are forced on us, I don't want to think what kind of extra tax they will dream up for having ice vehicles.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Oh yeah, just remember it will inevitably be there for the EPA mileage numbers, just like MDS is already there in the N/A Hemi's.

We don't have to put up with it.

I have a stop sign in front of my house. Drives me nuts just hearing a car shutdown and restart just for a quick stop. Every MB that comes by.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

View attachment 36471
Don’t worry, Biden won’t let this happen

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

I don’t really know if your using the right words there.. I’ve been to a road course listening to a manual hellcat coming down the straight the shifts sound lousy tbh and you hear the clutch play.. the A8 just blasts off shifts whether you cut a short shift or click off at WOT the A8 sounds way better. As you said to each there own. But the exhaust note is much cleaner blast from the A8.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
One of my favorite parts about the A8 is just cutting the shifts off when a car is in the opposing direction especially big box trucks... exhaust Sounds and supercharger whine just ricochets and reverberates off of it. Bridge/Tunnel runs are the best though

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nevermind California. Here in Quebec we supply eastern Ontario and some Northern States besides ourselves with electricity. They are constantly telling us when it is very cold in winter, or hot in the summer, to watch our usage and try to conserve so as not to over tax the system. They are trying to make only Ev's available as new vehicles by 2030 or 2035.
They may have to spend a ton on upgrades or stop selling to everyone else.
Seeing as the government owns the electric company. Once this happens and revenue from gas tax drops?
What will happen to the price of electricity. As it is now it is the only thing we aren't getting totally screwed on.
I guess not for long. This province is one of the highest taxed in North America.
The gas cars will have added fees also, likely.
I got the new registration for my cars.
My 300 with the 3.6 doesn't get an extra fee for engine size and it is $230/yr.
My Ram being a 5.7, so added engine size tax as well as Luxury vehicle tax because of it's value is $539/yr.
Once EV's are forced on us, I don't want to think what kind of extra tax they will dream up for having ice vehicles.
I think it would be fitting and great if Canada would cut the power to the US to retaliate for Biden pulling the Keystone pipe. The east coast would look worse than California even on a good day.