Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Direct Connection

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I just want

What over-rules all is the small little detail in the “warranty” language. It basically indicates as soon as you enter any event where it is timed against another or shown on a board (racing), your done. Unless it is a innocent test and tune for yourself, or a standard HPDE for us people who go left and right (time trial or not lap-done also warranty is up), nada, it is racing. Sorry.
Run it with no time showing?🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe a work around.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All cars have "black boxes" now.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Way to much little stuff to worry about. Enjoy your car or sell to the next guy so he can

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Way to much little stuff to worry about. Enjoy your car or sell to the next guy so he can
I totally agree.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Everything is recorded in the computer. All they have to do is pull the data and deny your warranty claim.
Fixed that for you.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
No, racing is considered before even thinking about negligence or abuse. No warranty, period.

I had a lengthy interview along with the video I shot to justify my new supercharger #2 and engine #2 and supercharger #3.;)

Read it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can “test and tune” (strip), or HPDE drive (track). Hell, I had video and my black box showed over 160 mph. No problem.

But you for example Time Trial, Bracket Race, Hot Lap, have ANY tabulation of ET or Speed at the track to compare to another person, done deal, no warranty.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agree! In the end, it was annoying and too expensive to watch the car fail halfway through a weekend to keep the warranty. Thanks @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC! It is all good now and I love it!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I accepted that a few years ago and never looked back and have been happier honestly. I wanna enjoy the car and build it the way I want. If it breaks I'll fix it or have it fixed and have :LOL:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The stage 3 emissions non-compliant kit for OR use only includes something I find strange: A new gas pedal. What kind of sense does that make? Shouldn't the old gas pedal plug and play with the new system?

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
The stage 3 emissions non-compliant kit for OR use only includes something I find strange: A new gas pedal. What kind of sense does that make? Shouldn't the old gas pedal plug and play with the new system?
Hummm that’s odd!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
997C8871-E94D-4482-8B18-B40B76DA7E59.png

SDREDEYE

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Octane Red HC WB Redeye
That was the only reason I was interested, but they dithered for so long my warranty is up & there is no reason to pay for the DC offering when I can do better having a good shop install the hardware (all readily available) & get a custom tune.

Thought about this a lot since the #7 car revel last nite. Not many places to use that kind of power and the car is not even set-up for road racing. So, unless you drag race or just want it as a collector piece, not much chance you'll be able to exercise all the power/features. Heck, it's getting hard to even put the spurs to my lowly 707 Hellcat before running across slow traffic, cops, wildlife sprinting across the road etc. Missing the covid lock-downs in a weird way - LOL! No cops, no traffic - WHOO HOO !!

This is a good point. The car is in for stage II as we speak. It's been at DCH Chrysler in Temecula,CA (60 miles away) since Monday. DCH has done pre-stage and stage I, which is considerably less evasive but this is there first stage II. I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow after work.

So first off I'm doing this for a few reasons, that biggest one being that I just want to, period. The car was bone stock up to this point with the exception of a catch can and a few cosmetic items (painted front splitter, PPF, tinted side markers etc.). I feel that with values inching up as we approach production end, if and it's a big IF, I eventually sell the car, I think the documented DC installation by the dealer would be nice and you can hand over the DC key chain with the super top secret code to unlock the tune. I get it, it will be unlocked already but it's still a fun detail. I haven't tracked it and don't plan on tracking it so I will be able to hold on to the warranty if needed. There are a few places where I can play with the extra power, but back to reason number one, this is just the route I wanted to go since it was announced last year. More to follow when I pick it up.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This is a good point. The car is in for stage II as we speak. It's been at DCH Chrysler in Temecula,CA (60 miles away) since Monday. DCH has done pre-stage and stage I, which is considerably less evasive but this is there first stage II. I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow after work.

So first off I'm doing this for a few reasons, that biggest one being that I just want to, period. The car was bone stock up to this point with the exception of a catch can and a few cosmetic items (painted front splitter, PPF, tinted side markers etc.). I feel that with values inching up as we approach production end, if and it's a big IF, I eventually sell the car, I think the documented DC installation by the dealer would be nice and you can hand over the DC key chain with the super top secret code to unlock the tune. I get it, it will be unlocked already but it's still a fun detail. I haven't tracked it and don't plan on tracking it so I will be able to hold on to the warranty if needed. There are a few places where I can play with the extra power, but back to reason number one, this is just the route I wanted to go since it was announced last year. More to follow when I pick it up.
Seriously, a week to put on a pulley, belt, CAI & drop a canned tune ?? WTF !!
@Speedy! would have knocked that out in 2 hours in his garage & produced a video documenting the whole process to boot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
One thing I'm seeing is that they're requiring quite a few extra parts be purchased that aren't included with the kit. Like an entire supercharger gasket kit. They won't use all the gaskets, so I'd make sure you get a box of leftover parts when you pick the car up. Might need some down the road.

I've worked on more than a couple of these superchargers and always reused the gaskets. The kits about $300 I think.

SDREDEYE

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
One thing I'm seeing is that they're requiring quite a few extra parts be purchased that aren't included with the kit. Like an entire supercharger gasket kit. They won't use all the gaskets, so I'd make sure you get a box of leftover parts when you pick the car up. Might need some down the road.

I've worked on more than a couple of these superchargers and always reused the gaskets. The kits about $300 I think.
Exactly this. Also, which I found surprising, on top of the new gasket kit hey did not have the tool required to remove the pulley.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Exactly this. Also, which I found surprising, on top of the new gasket kit hey did not have the tool required to remove the pulley.
Are they using the same kind of tool as the rest of us or something special?

SDREDEYE

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Are they using the same kind of tool as the rest of us or something special?
They called it special but I'm sure it's probably the same. I also think they tried to remove it without the tool because they are suddenly replacing the snout as well. This may be one of those "I told you so" moments. The service manager said when they removed the pulley that the bearing came off with it. That doesn't even make sense to me so he's missing something in translation. I hate being 60 miles away. If it wasn't for work I could be there to sort it out. Power broker...yeah right. SMDH!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I clicked on a catback exhaust and the labor to install is $189. per hour. Plus $1920 for the system.
View attachment 65691
Yes, my dealer wants $180 an hour labor on anything other than an alignment lol, even to diagnose.
Correction, $186 an hour lol

Last edited: