Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Diaper install.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Installing my safety parts. Great fit. Only part that sucks is the rack needs to come down every oil change. But my car is worth more than a little more time changing oil

got from Hemituner performance

Attachments

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Some other brand racers are fabbing an aluminum belly pan with retainer walls and absorbent material in the bottom. I've wondered if that could be created for our cars?

It would be much easier for maintenance, etc.?

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #3
Some other brand racers are fabbing an aluminum belly pan with retainer walls and absorbent material in the bottom. I've wondered if that could be created for our cars?

It would be much easier for maintenance, etc.?
I still think a pan does not make it as safe. This will heel everything I’m not like a pan pets can still fly

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I still think a pan does not make it as safe. This will heel everything I’m not like a pan pets can still fly
Maybe so.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Good reminder on why I don’t want to go faster.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That looks like a quality piece. I had the DJ on mine but we just changed to a rear sump oil pan. I know your car is going to be fast so something for you to watch…. Logging data with the Holley, we were seeing the oil pressure drop to 30 lbs thru first gear. Didn’t recover until 3rd. The fact that mine was leaving with the front up a mile probably has something to do with that. I’m sure it didn’t help. The front sump oil pans we have aren’t exactly designed to cars that are accelerating to 60 mph in one second. I keep telling people…. Every time you do something… it makes you do something else 🫤 We had a generic diaper that fit (sorta) on the Moroso DragPak pan. I know that AJ has a specific one for his DragPak so I may check with him on that. 9C538D02-1A85-4621-80E1-55EA5A459890.jpeg DA5EBC26-3ED8-4290-B81A-29AB967D6947.jpeg

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Prior to our Hellcats, my husband John (Top Cat) had built me an SRT8 Challenger and he had a Trans blanket and a Moroso Oil Pan. I have the pan out in my garage.
https://www.moroso.com/moroso-shop-browse/oil-pans/

Whatever added safety and strength and how you do it is always a good to do. I saw a couple of guys with their Hellcats at the track that did not ad the safety! They were very lucky and must of had a Wing and Prayer helping them out!
Racing 6,7, and 8s Bragging about a Hellcat that is street-able OK but still, at that point it's a race car!

Glad to see you are doing this @Hatermkr and posting up the info!

Linda :)

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #8
That looks like a quality piece. I had the DJ on mine but we just changed to a rear sump oil pan. I know your car is going to be fast so something for you to watch…. Logging data with the Holley, we were seeing the oil pressure drop to 30 lbs thru first gear. Didn’t recover until 3rd. The fact that mine was leaving with the front up a mile probably has something to do with that. I’m sure it didn’t help. The front sump oil pans we have aren’t exactly designed to cars that are accelerating to 60 mph in one second. I keep telling people…. Every time you do something… it makes you do something else 🫤 We had a generic diaper that fit (sorta) on the Moroso DragPak pan. I know that AJ has a specific one for his DragPak so I may check with him on that. View attachment 91915 View attachment 91916
Year
Sump pan would nice mine also drops. I’d they have one that fist a stock auto let me know