Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Diablo Suspension Controller

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I wonder if the OEM unit can be tuned. Can HP communicate with it? Are there tables?
Easy, no.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is my following post.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
@Speedy! What do you think?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
]
Agreed. The only thing that can be done is activate drag mode on a 2018+ Hellcat/RE using something like Alpha ODB. The earlier cars don't have that in the BCM so it can't be activated. Other than that, nope

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
]

Agreed. The only thing that can be done is activate drag mode on a 2018+ Hellcat/RE using something like Alpha ODB. The earlier cars don't have that in the BCM so it can't be activated. Other than that, nope
Have you actually done this on a Redeye. I’d like to try it on mine. Any details will be appreciated. I have the hardware and software.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
]

Did you mean Super Drag Pak?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Following & interested !!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Have you actually done this on a Redeye. I’d like to try it on mine. Any details will be appreciated. I have the hardware and software.
I have not done it. I have seen it on a 2018 Hellcat and a 2019 Hellcat. It shows up on the screen as drag mode like on the Demon.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So I have a 2019 Redeye and I see a Super Drag Pak under the vehicle configuration 7 section. Is that what they turned on? Can I see a scene shot of the screen that shows it?

thanks

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
subbed.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Interested

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
So I have a 2019 Redeye and I see a Super Drag Pak under the vehicle configuration 7 section. Is that what they turned on? Can I see a scene shot of the screen that shows it?

thanks
I can tell you first hand without having all the demon suspension all you are doing is stiffening the already stiff hellcat/redeye shock/struts . You need the softer demon suspension to make it work properly. I played with all this when I adapted the demon create ECU to my car .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
AJ and Barth tuning sell a kit to activate it I think .

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can tell you first hand without having all the demon suspension all you are doing is stiffening the already stiff hellcat/redeye shock/struts . You need the softer demon suspension to make it work properly. I played with all this when I adapted the demon create ECU to my car .

Different springs are the only difference in the Demon suspension and mine. DS shows a certain quicker difference in 60’ times after install. HP, while we may not have the softer springs, it seems like making the front/rear relative adjustments seem to allow a non-Demon to rock back for a few milliseconds. Thoughts? If the drag racers would also change springs, then what would they be missing?

What is important, is that this is all bench talk. IMO all this remains hypothetical until a few of us can actually do a few real world comparisons.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Different springs are the only difference in the Demon suspension and mine. DS shows a certain quicker difference in 60’ times after install. HP, while we may not have the softer springs, it seems like making the front/rear relative adjustments seem to allow a non-Demon to rock back for a few milliseconds. Thoughts? If the drag racers would also change springs, then what would they be missing?

What is important, is that this is all bench talk. IMO all this remains hypothetical until a few of us can actually do a few real world comparisons.
The shocks / struts , sway bars, springs and calibration are different on a demon compared to a hellcat or redeye . The widebody cars have " competition " listing for their suspension parts which is different then "drag" for the demon .

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
The shocks / struts , sway bars, springs and calibration are different on a demon compared to a hellcat or redeye . The widebody cars have " competition " listing for their suspension parts which is different then "drag" for the demon .

Agreed, anyone can go to the dealer & confirm using the part numbers that all of the Demon suspension components Hpindy is listing on here are different from the Hellcat's & Redeye's.
Even the rear alignment specs on the Demon is different from the Hellcat's & Redeye's which is preset into the rear cradle made just for the Demon's which is also a different part # from the Hellcat's & Redeye's.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
My remaining question is whether the Diablo unit can be adjusted like the DSC controller. If it can great, but until I know for sure the DSC would be my choice.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
My remaining question is whether the Diablo unit can be adjusted like the DSC controller. If it can great, but until I know for sure the DSC would be my choice.
I don't think it is adjustable or programmable. It just bolts in the trunk to replace the OEM controller.
IMG_4751.jpg

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I don't think it is adjustable or programmable. It just bolts in the trunk to replace the OEM controller.
View attachment 38667
One of the other threads confirms it's adjustable since it's a DSC controller with custom programming for Diablo. This is likely on my list for this season.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
One of the other threads confirms it's adjustable since it's a DSC controller with custom programming for Diablo. This is likely on my list for this season.
Come down to DCTC on May 4 and we can swap one in and out. You probably know Gary Curtis turned up there. I figured that would be a good season start and a good place to get some lap times and see if this thing does something.