Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Damn no more Mopars😳

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Not you too, what are you getting now ?
I don't know. The guy who started bugging me about my drag car almost 3 weeks ago called me today and said he has the money and would like to wrap this up on Saturday. I'd like to wrap this up too because it means I can stop renting the garage I keep the car in.

The smart thing for me to do would be to wait for a bit until prices start to come back down, and bank some money in the meantime.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Too fast fer me. That was my biggest pain in the ass was the storage. No room when you live close to the beach. Every piece of property is a premium. Realator, insurance, taxes. Storage is $$$$.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Too fast fer me. That was my biggest pain in the ass was the storage. No room when you live close to the beach. Every piece of property is a premium. Realator, insurance, taxes. Storage is $$$$.
Yeah. They keep creeping up the rental fee and I fully expect they will raise it again after the new year starts. I haven't run the car much in the last few years and it's costing me more to store it than it'll ever be worth, so it's well beyond time to cut my losses and put that money toward something else.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I don't know. The guy who started bugging me about my drag car almost 3 weeks ago called me today and said he has the money and would like to wrap this up on Saturday. I'd like to wrap this up too because it means I can stop renting the garage I keep the car in.

The smart thing for me to do would be to wait for a bit until prices start to come back down, and bank some money in the meantime.
Makes sense, but you know we don't do that around here o_O

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Makes sense, but you know we don't do that around here o_O
Oh....don't worry.......I've already spent a ton of time shopping for various things on the net :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I even bid on two cars in an online auction from Carlisle last week :LOL:

I could just take a ride down to Jr. Samples Used Car Sales.....I mean @ChargerChallenger house and look around his lot :ROFLMAO:

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Oh....don't worry.......I've already spent a ton of time shopping for various things on the net :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I even bid on two cars in an online auction from Carlisle last week :LOL:

55019406-DF88-457F-9E7C-FBD76BC200FA.jpeg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'll take the off road van :LOL:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Passed on the Raptor being dealers are getting 25-30k and people are lined up to buy them. Just insane how many people are paying 120k-130k for trucks these days. Wow, man on man, if this country ever hits a BUMP you just have to wonder. And yes the Finance companies are truly scared what lies ahead in the Car market.

I'm away on vacation, where annually a lot of us gather. One of them is a senior loans officer, and just today she was sharing how many are already in default, and their bank is making it much harder to get financing, because they expect this bubble to burst within the next 18 months, and see a pandemic of loans not being paid.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Its interesting how many NON Mopar owners are in the Forum. Its a lot more than you know and actually some of the most active have no Mopars.
Came because of the hellcat, stayed for the comradery. It might be a while before I get back in a hc, things look bleak in terms of inventory and ordering.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well I spoke too soon. Went out this morning and my son talked me into buying a 1500!

Had to pay sticker but I think it's a good deal...

20211009_083850.jpg

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Yeeha

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Wow for the first time in 25 years I no longer own any Mopars or Rams😱. Just sold my Ram 1500 Limited for good used market value and took advantage of it. I’ll sit out for awhile but I for sure have my eyes on another Challenger 😁. And who the hell knows maybe a TRX when the crazy prices calm down.
View attachment 55230
like those wheels

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well I spoke too soon. Went out this morning and my son talked me into buying a 1500!

Had to pay sticker but I think it's a good deal...

View attachment 55310
Need to get that window fixed.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Damn I probably would've bought that truck had I known you were selling!

I've spent the last couple of months looking but haven't found exactly what I want, so I just decided to keep my BMW and put snow tires on it haha.

Surprisingly having a difficult time finding a limited or sport with the 5.7 in it, all if them in my neck of the woods are diesel.
That X drive is seriously good.

I still think you should have went all in for an m5 🤣🤣🤣 or m550.

Last we spoke used 2018 m5s w/30k miles were going 60k, now they are fkn 70-80k+.

Even the m550s are nuts, circa 37-40k in January are going for nearly 50k.

Don't worry though, I kick myself everyday for the past few months on not jumping on anything earlier Because I was waiting. New m550 leases jumped from 800/mo to 1100, and m5's jumped from 1200/mo to 1600/mo+

Can't wait for a reset and stabilization in the car market.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well.......my last Mopar is now gone. Guy paid me today and had a rollback pick it up.

Now I have to get rid of some cabinets and a few other things so I can finish moving out of the rental garage.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well.......my last Mopar is now gone. Guy paid me today and had a rollback pick it up.

Now I have to get rid of some cabinets and a few other things so I can finish moving out of the rental garage.
pizza, beer and hookers tonight at stormy's:LOL:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States

Congratulations.
I have sold a LOT in the past month, it feels great!
The old loader and gravel truck I was figuring would be a hard sell, they sold within 2 days of my putting them on craigslist.
Sold so many other pieces of equipment, a car, boat, equipment trailer, and more to. I love craigslist, fuck those bullshit equipment sales websites. Guy came to look at my boat, saw my Porsche, asked some questions and took it for a drive.
Gave me $5000 cash deposit to not sell it for a week, till he got back with the money to buy it to.
Bought the boat and Porsche cash.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
pizza, beer and hookers tonight at stormy's:LOL:
You never lose with hookers and booze :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And I already brought the pizza home with me :p:p

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Congratulations.
I have sold a LOT in the past month, it feels great!
The old loader and gravel truck I was figuring would be a hard sell, they sold within 2 days of my putting them on craigslist.
Sold so many other pieces of equipment, a car, boat, equipment trailer, and more to. I love craigslist, fuck those bullshit equipment sales websites. Guy came to look at my boat, saw my Porsche, asked some questions and took it for a drive.
Gave me $5000 cash deposit to not sell it for a week, till he got back with the money to buy it to.
Bought the boat and Porsche cash.
yeah, I've been wanting to offload that car for awhile and to stop paying that rental money.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
That X drive is seriously good.

I still think you should have went all in for an m5 🤣🤣🤣 or m550.

Last we spoke used 2018 m5s w/30k miles were going 60k, now they are fkn 70-80k+.

Even the m550s are nuts, circa 37-40k in January are going for nearly 50k.

Don't worry though, I kick myself everyday for the past few months on not jumping on anything earlier Because I was waiting. New m550 leases jumped from 800/mo to 1100, and m5's jumped from 1200/mo to 1600/mo+

Can't wait for a reset and stabilization in the car market.
I did start peeking at M550s again and saw the prices!

This was the right buy for me. I've put 20k miles on it in 9 months so far, wouldn't want to do that in the M5.