Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Coronavirus coming to get us?

Bowtie Guy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
My wife nuts
Are you ok ? Just checking ....

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
As long as I keep my stash up to 18 cases I feel comfortable
However
They are not taking returns
This is going to be an issue soon as my garage is only so big

Anyone here collect beer caps ?
I have about 10,000 if you do
Make good redneck Xmas tree decorations
Bar tops
Fling them at your neighbors
Door mats
Etc
Worst case 75 lbs of recycle

Hpindy

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
As long as I keep my stash up to 18 cases I feel comfortable
However
They are not taking returns
This is going to be an issue soon as my garage is only so big

Anyone here collect beer caps ?
I have about 10,000 if you do
Make good redneck Xmas tree decorations
Bar tops
Fling them at your neighbors
Door mats
Etc
Worst case 75 lbs of recycle
Ok good . I was just checking in on you because you said you have not been at the beer store since I yesterday.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Kwalski

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Looks like with new guidelines, people may start back to work. Our office is closed until at least the end of April with a requirement of each person must take 2 weeks furlough. Our state unemployment system is completely overloaded. Our local stores are stocked with most everything.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
Good article by Kevin Portteus.

In the full course of human history, man has eradicated exactly two infectious diseases: smallpox and rinderpest. Smallpox was the continual scourge of mankind for millennia. Rinderpest, a disease of even-toed ungulates, devastated cattle herds in Europe, Asia, and Africa, with death rates nearing 100 percent among animals lacking acquired resistance. It is also believed to have been the origin of the measles virus in humans.

In each case, eradication required decades of coordinated international effort. Smallpox was the first disease to be prevented by inoculation, in the 18th century, but worldwide eradication was not achieved until 1979. The international campaign against rinderpest began in the mid-20th century; the last known case was in 2001, and the disease was not considered eradicated until 2011. We are working on several other maladies, and are relatively close to eradicating polio, though that has been in progress since the 1950s.

When infectious diseases would flare, it was common to quarantine individuals and families. My own mother remembers being quarantined when her sister contracted measles. Everyone else went about their business, and neighborhood kids knew that they could not play with the infected kids or their siblings for a while.

For everyone else, however, life continued. My grandmother recalls the fear of polio that gripped families every summer, as public swimming facilities were known breeding grounds for the virus. Yet people still went swimming, en masse, every summer.

By the standards of 2020, these people were insane, stupid, criminally negligent, or some combination of the above. Didn’t they understand the risks? Didn’t they understand how these diseases were transmitted? Yes, in fact, they did. They simply made the judgment that the risks were acceptable, and that they couldn’t live in perpetual fear.

Sometimes they were wrong. The risks weren’t acceptable: there was an outbreak, and people and communities took precautions until the risks returned to acceptable levels. But these times were the exception and not the rule.

Right now, we are in a situation that can only be described as unprecedented in modern history. Entire civilized nations are shutting down over the Wuhan coronavirus. Hundreds of millions of people are being ordered to stay at home. “Emergency” powers are being invoked at all levels. A thriving economy has been wrecked, and the full consequences of that may not be known for months or years.

All this for what is, comparatively speaking, minor. Stop comparing Wuhan coronavirus to influenza; it may or may not be worse than that. The death rate for the most common strain of smallpox, variola major, is 30 percent. That’s a better basis for comparison, and yet somehow society continued functioning.

How long are we willing to allow this shutdown to continue? Are you willing to shelter in place for decades until we eradicate this one? Assuming you’re a rational person, your answer is obviously “no.” In that case, at what point would you consider it safe enough to resume normal living? In other words, what would constitute an acceptable level of risk to get back to normal? This is the same calculation you make every day with regard to every other illness in the world. It’s the same calculation you make every time you get behind the wheel of a car, board a plane, or go for a walk.

We should expect no answers to these questions from our public health experts. We are regularly treated to dire predictions about infection rates and death tolls, and the danger keeps extending through the calendar.

Dr. Anthony Fauci (who once famously pooh-poohed the risk of Wuhan coronavirus) thinks it will require months of national and international disruption. He goes on TV and wonders aloud why more constraints haven’t been imposed. He swats away non-medical concerns like millions of lost jobs as “inconvenient.” Nothing in the training or experience of these experts qualifies them to provide answers to these questions. Their field is public health, and these are political questions.

The politicians, if anything, are worse. Long after the initial shock of pandemic has ended, they are still governing in panic mode.

California Governor Gavin Newsom is openly talking about canceling football season next fall. In my state, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has asked the legislature for a 70-day extension of her emergency powers (Michigan law caps those powers at 28 days from the time a state of emergency is declared), though mercifully the legislature has thus far been unwilling to grant that much.

In an atmosphere of fear, the shutdowns and quarantines stretch out before us, with no end in sight. And that’s the problem with “shelter in place,” “flattening the curve,” and shutdowns of every sort. What does victory look like, and how will we know when it is achieved? When will the risks be acceptable, knowing that “zero” is unrealistic? Our ruling class does not seem to have any answers to these questions, or even any interest in trying to find them.

We’ve been in this situation before, and the precedents are not promising.

In the 1960s, Lyndon Johnson declared “war on poverty,” arguing that we had the ability to transform the human condition. In the 1980s, Ronald Reagan declared a “war on drugs.” In 2001, George W. Bush reacted to 9/11 with a “war on terror.” All of these “wars” are ongoing, none has yielded satisfactory results, each has eroded confidence in our government, and each has massively expanded the power of the state.

Right now, this is shaping up to look like one of these “wars”: an ill-defined crusade requiring massive expansion of government power with no realistic goals and no clear endgame.

SilverBillet

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
A friend sent me this about Event 201. Apparently it was a Coronavirus pandemic simulation just before the Coronavirus pandemic actually started. Something not too well publicized:

Event 201 was sponsored by Johns Hopkins Center for health Security in Oct 2019. They evidently have been taking shit because people are asking about the prediction. they say not a prediction…. I say bullshit. the is their rebuttal that it was not a prediction. BTW, this is the Bloomberg School at Johns Hopkins. Do you suppose they all stupidly and liberally kissed up to the Chinese ( Gates’ being a member of the Chinese Scientific Academy) just to let feed this virus to the wet market in Wuhan, thus spreading it??
Statement about nCoV and our pandemic exercise
In October 2019, the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security hosted a pandemic tabletop exercise called Event 201 with partners, the World Economic Forum and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Recently, the Center for Health Security has received questions about whether that pandemic exercise predicted the current novel coronavirus outbreak in China. To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
Good article by Kevin Portteus.

In the full course of human history, man has eradicated exactly two infectious diseases: smallpox and rinderpest. Smallpox was the continual scourge of mankind for millennia. Rinderpest, a disease of even-toed ungulates, devastated cattle herds in Europe, Asia, and Africa, with death rates nearing 100 percent among animals lacking acquired resistance. It is also believed to have been the origin of the measles virus in humans.

In each case, eradication required decades of coordinated international effort. Smallpox was the first disease to be prevented by inoculation, in the 18th century, but worldwide eradication was not achieved until 1979. The international campaign against rinderpest began in the mid-20th century; the last known case was in 2001, and the disease was not considered eradicated until 2011. We are working on several other maladies, and are relatively close to eradicating polio, though that has been in progress since the 1950s.

When infectious diseases would flare, it was common to quarantine individuals and families. My own mother remembers being quarantined when her sister contracted measles. Everyone else went about their business, and neighborhood kids knew that they could not play with the infected kids or their siblings for a while.

For everyone else, however, life continued. My grandmother recalls the fear of polio that gripped families every summer, as public swimming facilities were known breeding grounds for the virus. Yet people still went swimming, en masse, every summer.

By the standards of 2020, these people were insane, stupid, criminally negligent, or some combination of the above. Didn’t they understand the risks? Didn’t they understand how these diseases were transmitted? Yes, in fact, they did. They simply made the judgment that the risks were acceptable, and that they couldn’t live in perpetual fear.

Sometimes they were wrong. The risks weren’t acceptable: there was an outbreak, and people and communities took precautions until the risks returned to acceptable levels. But these times were the exception and not the rule.

Right now, we are in a situation that can only be described as unprecedented in modern history. Entire civilized nations are shutting down over the Wuhan coronavirus. Hundreds of millions of people are being ordered to stay at home. “Emergency” powers are being invoked at all levels. A thriving economy has been wrecked, and the full consequences of that may not be known for months or years.

All this for what is, comparatively speaking, minor. Stop comparing Wuhan coronavirus to influenza; it may or may not be worse than that. The death rate for the most common strain of smallpox, variola major, is 30 percent. That’s a better basis for comparison, and yet somehow society continued functioning.

How long are we willing to allow this shutdown to continue? Are you willing to shelter in place for decades until we eradicate this one? Assuming you’re a rational person, your answer is obviously “no.” In that case, at what point would you consider it safe enough to resume normal living? In other words, what would constitute an acceptable level of risk to get back to normal? This is the same calculation you make every day with regard to every other illness in the world. It’s the same calculation you make every time you get behind the wheel of a car, board a plane, or go for a walk.

We should expect no answers to these questions from our public health experts. We are regularly treated to dire predictions about infection rates and death tolls, and the danger keeps extending through the calendar.

Dr. Anthony Fauci (who once famously pooh-poohed the risk of Wuhan coronavirus) thinks it will require months of national and international disruption. He goes on TV and wonders aloud why more constraints haven’t been imposed. He swats away non-medical concerns like millions of lost jobs as “inconvenient.” Nothing in the training or experience of these experts qualifies them to provide answers to these questions. Their field is public health, and these are political questions.

The politicians, if anything, are worse. Long after the initial shock of pandemic has ended, they are still governing in panic mode.

California Governor Gavin Newsom is openly talking about canceling football season next fall. In my state, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has asked the legislature for a 70-day extension of her emergency powers (Michigan law caps those powers at 28 days from the time a state of emergency is declared), though mercifully the legislature has thus far been unwilling to grant that much.

In an atmosphere of fear, the shutdowns and quarantines stretch out before us, with no end in sight. And that’s the problem with “shelter in place,” “flattening the curve,” and shutdowns of every sort. What does victory look like, and how will we know when it is achieved? When will the risks be acceptable, knowing that “zero” is unrealistic? Our ruling class does not seem to have any answers to these questions, or even any interest in trying to find them.

We’ve been in this situation before, and the precedents are not promising.

In the 1960s, Lyndon Johnson declared “war on poverty,” arguing that we had the ability to transform the human condition. In the 1980s, Ronald Reagan declared a “war on drugs.” In 2001, George W. Bush reacted to 9/11 with a “war on terror.” All of these “wars” are ongoing, none has yielded satisfactory results, each has eroded confidence in our government, and each has massively expanded the power of the state.

Right now, this is shaping up to look like one of these “wars”: an ill-defined crusade requiring massive expansion of government power with no realistic goals and no clear endgame.

This is why I think this first round of Stay at home is worthwhile, but I have doubts about a 2nd, or a 3rd round of this. If we have to wait for 18-24 months for a vaccine, there won't be anything left...?

DemonSRT

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Demon

jroyk

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Last edited:

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon

oilburner

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Well isn’t that nice of them. A**holes

I should say that, but I did anyway.
A**holes ………..your too polite!!

Linda's Hell Cat

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

jroyk

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Apparently, cats, bats and every other damn things are still on the menu. :sick:[vommit]

Speedy!

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Went grocery shopping yesterday and most everything was in stock around here. Sam's had a mountain of TP LOL. I guess all those signs about not being able to return it worked out.

More people wearing masks than not.

I got some information this morning from a good source. It seems one of the primary hospitals in New Orleans has plenty of everything like PPE, ventilator, and beds, and their admit rate has leveled off. The most interesting thing shared with me is that they have enough test kits to just test anyone that wants it. So far, and get this, 90% tests have come back positive with nearly all of them being folks that are asymptomatic. The theory is that the virus already went through the area during Mardi Gras and further theory is that we're going to find most folks in the country have already been exposed and are over it. One other metric is that 100% of pregnant women tested were asymptomatic which has the Drs scratching their heads. Footnote - I did get this information second hand, but it's from someone who doesn't BS.

Also, the same website some here keep posting statistics from has a comparison table at the bottom of the data, comparing Covid-19 to the common flu which according to that website kills about 1,000 people PER DAY. Why aren't you guys posting that info along with all the statistics? Again I'm wondering what the big deal is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comparisons:

• Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses. This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.

Bowtie Guy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
My wife nuts
Went grocery shopping yesterday and most everything was in stock around here. Sam's had a mountain of TP LOL. I guess all those signs about not being able to return it worked out.

More people wearing masks than not.

I got some information this morning from a good source. It seems one of the primary hospitals in New Orleans has plenty of everything like PPE, ventilator, and beds, and their admit rate has leveled off. The most interesting thing shared with me is that they have enough test kits to just test anyone that wants it. So far, and get this, 90% tests have come back positive with nearly all of them being folks that are asymptomatic. The theory is that the virus already went through the area during Mardi Gras and further theory is that we're going to find most folks in the country have already been exposed and are over it. One other metric is that 100% of pregnant women tested were asymptomatic which has the Drs scratching their heads. Footnote - I did get this information second hand, but it's from someone who doesn't BS.

Also, the same website some here keep posting statistics from has a comparison table at the bottom of the data, comparing Covid-19 to the common flu which according to that website kills about 1,000 people PER DAY. Why aren't you guys posting that info along with all the statistics? Again I'm wondering what the big deal is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comparisons:

• Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses. This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.
Speedy
I think due to the circumstances Covid 19 is not comparable to the common flu at this early stage
The flu has been world wide for years & years & is also a general term for several strains of viruses / flu
So when people are infected annually with the flu it is basically always around us
There are shots to stop it, slow it down or do whatever people think a flu shot does ???
Next year Covid may or may not be included as part of this general term "The Flu" ???
But as of now Covid is 1 specific type of virus / flu & seems to be way way more aggressive then most
According to all I have read ( yes I can read when I put my beer down ) 1 person started this virus approx 3 months ago
Think about that
1 dam bat ass eating SOB started this 12 -14 weeks ago
In 3 short months it is now world wide & currently killing more people per day then the "Common Flu"
I think New York lost over 700 yesterday alone
More people died in New York over the past 8 weeks then died from 9 / 11
This is a crazy thought
Now
Think of where we would be if 75 percent of the planet wasn t on lock down ???????????????????
I for 1 do not want to know
This in the biggest concern for everyone "The unknown"

In regards to what you heard
I 100 percent hope that 90 percent of the worlds population have already had this shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don t want to see a round 2
Lets get this effin crap behind us ASAP !!!!

Happy Easter Guys & Gals ( you to OLDBAYCRAB )

I hear a BEER calling
Bye

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
@Bowtie Guy You are on target. I don’t like this anymore than the rest of us. When 800 people are dying per day in NYC, it’s far from the typical flu. Some of these hospital are at their breaking point and healthcare workers are exhausted. I too hope 90% of us have already had it and we don’t have Round 2. The impacts of this are incalculable from a human and financial perspective.

DGatzby

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
90% of us have not had it, bullshit!

Linda's Hell Cat

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Just think what this C-Bomb has added to the total amount of deaths so far this year.

Linda :)

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
90% of us have not had it, bullshit!
Yeah, that doesn't pass the smell test.

Let's assume for a minute that 90% of us HAVE already had it. Leaves 10% who haven't.

Those 10% sure are dying at a pretty good clip compared to the 90% that had it and you heard zero about it.

Or put another way...Take the current # dying and mutilpy it by a factor of 10. Pretty sure there might have been a blurb or two on the news if that were the case.

moparjim

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle