Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Class Action Law Suit

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm thinking no one here is part of the 6 people. Also I don't think the rear made the value drop
Maybe the fix should be Dodge putting Per4mance braces on them:)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hmmm, only ones 'exploding' I've read about were at the track - perhaps I've missed something ??

I eventually had the 'rubbing sound' & the dealer replaced the rear fluid under warranty & added friction modifier, have had no issues since.

I thought the whining had to do with the way the gears themselves were cut (more of a race cut than typical passenger car) ?
Mine have always had a slight whine, it's never really bothered me, but then I don't really hammer mine as much as others do ;)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
IF I was going to sue over an issue with these cars, it would either be half-shafts that can't hold a boot together or the SC whine.

Meh, I've already taken the stock unit out and put in 3.90s, so I'm out anyway...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
IF I was going to sue over an issue with these cars, it would either be half-shafts that can't hold a boot together or the SC whine.

Meh, I've already taken the stock unit out and put in 3.90s, so I'm out anyway...
5 hours or so I could have the stock rear, DS and axles back in mine

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Sounds like a group of future Prius owners to me! some people just look for any way they can get something for free.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Demon owners upset their cars aren't worth $150k now? J/K

Sounds silly to me.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
Where are the pictures of the differential shrapnel in the cabin and the mutilated drivers?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Demon owners upset their cars aren't worth $150k now? J/K

Sounds silly to me.
WTF...you mean there not???Damn...I was countin on that money...man am I screwed now...:oops:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
WTF...you mean there not???Damn...I was countin on that money...man am I screwed now...:oops:
TCH, if only you didn't have that problem with your read end ..........................

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Don’t you have enough money to not worry about money? 😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Don’t you have enough money to not worry about money? 😂
Now you sound like my wife.....I get the when are we gonna stop working????

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Now you sound like my wife.....I get the when are we gonna stop working????
Gonna stop working when you don’t need to anymore.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Gonna stop working when you don’t need to anymore.
Well...financially.. I guess some would say I don't really need to work...but it really hasn't been about the money for a while now...and by no means am I a workaholic..but I have no compelling need to alter my situation..

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Whoever the Plaintiffs’ attorneys are, they are a bunch of dumb shits. The TSB referenced was for the half shafts and not even the correct TSB that replaced differentials when they were determined to be “howling”. I am not in, and I have had two Hellcats, a changed diff on the ‘15 and recipient of many half shaft failures. Shit happens! Can’t wait for my $3.95 share of the Class Action Suit settlement that pays the dumb attorneys who filed for THEIR time, and gives the owners squat.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Well...financially.. I guess some would say I don't really need to work...but it really hasn't been about the money for a while now...and by no means am I a workaholic..but I have no compelling need to alter my situation..
I never said it was about the money, Demonman. Cmon now. Some people like you and me don’t work to pay bills. We work to make a difference. To maybe do things we wish could’ve been done for us. I work to support my friends and to be able to afford a place my friends can stop in and decompress, or grab a bite to eat if they’re a little low on funds. I work to help the people out there that can’t afford to take a car to the shop or wanna learn how to do the job right. I work to make sure my dog lives his best life. I work to make sure that I am never a burden on anyone but myself.

There are tons of reasons to work. But when you love what you do, especially as much as you and I love our lines of work, people won’t fully understand it’s not about the money. It’s because we like to work. Some days it’s easier to go do mindless work for me than to try and sit at home with my demons. Other days it’s easier to work in the garage and tinker.

at the end of the day, we all have reasons to work hard like we do. Be it money, family, to afford fancy hobbies. A reason to work is a need to work. And when you no longer have those needs, then you don’t gotta work. 🤷🏻 Hell, if the Mrs. really doesn’t wanna work anymore, maybe you ought to plan a nice vacation and take her to the Islands.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I never said it was about the money, Demonman. Cmon now. Some people like you and me don’t work to pay bills. We work to make a difference. To maybe do things we wish could’ve been done for us. I work to support my friends and to be able to afford a place my friends can stop in and decompress, or grab a bite to eat if they’re a little low on funds. I work to help the people out there that can’t afford to take a car to the shop or wanna learn how to do the job right. I work to make sure my dog lives his best life. I work to make sure that I am never a burden on anyone but myself.

There are tons of reasons to work. But when you love what you do, especially as much as you and I love our lines of work, people won’t fully understand it’s not about the money. It’s because we like to work. Some days it’s easier to go do mindless work for me than to try and sit at home with my demons. Other days it’s easier to work in the garage and tinker.

at the end of the day, we all have reasons to work hard like we do. Be it money, family, to afford fancy hobbies. A reason to work is a need to work. And when you no longer have those needs, then you don’t gotta work. 🤷🏻 Hell, if the Mrs. really doesn’t wanna work anymore, maybe you ought to plan a nice vacation and take her to the Islands.
Good idea..Gilligans island...how long did it take them to get off the island...see ya in 6 to 8 years hon...

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
Karen's buy Hellcats, who knew?

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Good idea..Gilligans island...how long did it take them to get off the island...see ya in 6 to 8 years hon...
Plenty of time to do that remodel of the shop, buy a couple new cars, so on. And when she comes back angry, just make her think the heat changed her mind! Lol.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Plenty of time to do that remodel of the shop, buy a couple new cars, so on. And when she comes back angry, just make her think the heat changed her mind! Lol.
I kid her alot....truth is..were 67 and 68..we dated since we were 14 and 15...and married goin on 48 years..she's not only my wife..but my best friend...I would be lost without her..:love: