Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger 50 Order Advice

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Order banks opened for Challenger 50 stock and special orders today. I have 11 in allocation, want to do it right. If you were going to build them, what would you want?

GOLD RUSH(Limited Edition), SINAMON STICK, HELLRAISIN, FROSTBITE, F8, TORRED AND GO MANGO are the color choices....

GT RWD, R/T, SCAT PACK AND SCAT PACK WIDEBODY are the trims.

I almost think I should do 5 scats and 5 widebody and maybe one R/T, loaded up with HK, Nav, and roof. I don't think base is the way to go.

Looking for some advice! How would you build it?

https://www.hellcat.org/posts/4259253/bookmark

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I would get some without the sunroof.

Daman98

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithsburg
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the Market
Erica, I believe most people on here are "already" disappointed with the Challenger 50. We were hoping for something really cool like a 426 option. Instead Dodge drops a turd on the desk and walks out. After the Power Dollars on the Redeye, it will be hard for many folks to step down to a Challenger 50. Having said that, there will be those that want the heritage....meaning stick car with the high impact colors. But as always, you will have your Black automatic guys too. Good Luck! You will be seeing me in the near future...but it will not be to buy one of these Challenger 50's.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Order banks opened for Challenger 50 stock and special orders today. I have 11 in allocation, want to do it right. If you were going to build them, what would you want?

GOLD RUSH(Limited Edition), SINAMON STICK, HELLRAISIN, FROSTBITE, F8, TORRED AND GO MANGO are the color choices....

GT RWD, R/T, SCAT PACK AND SCAT PACK WIDEBODY are the trims.

I almost think I should do 5 scats and 5 widebody and maybe one R/T, loaded up with HK, Nav, and roof. I don't think base is the way to go.

Looking for some advice! How would you build it?

https://www.hellcat.org/posts/4259253/bookmark
Ditto what the last 2 said, especially Daman98. There will be buyers for these, but I honestly don't think they'll be your raving throng of gearheads like on this forum and the other. I don't think we can see people "fighting" over these as a gotta have. Because of that, it leaves the selection of hot specs too ambiguous.

From experience on the forum side viewing past dealer volume buys (Trackhawks, Hellcats, Vettes, etc.), sunroofs really aren't a desired option by most. Second, base cars may seem like a good idea and you may hear people say they want one, but the majority don't want a truly "base" car with no options. Someone usually wants at least something that isn't bare bones whether it be seat options, radio/nav, wheels, stripes, safety equipment, etc. Third, loaded cars built by dealers to pull the most profit aren't great either. Like base cars, most don't want every option (cough-manydealerswhoordered2018Trackhawks-cough).

I would definitely advise to order (1) each of the two cars in the media release, exactly as they are portrayed in the photos. These are what invoked the initial impressions by potential buyers that make them like it and want it, they know what they are going to get visually.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
If I were to order one it would be a Scat Pack w/b in Gold Rush followed by Sinamon Stick. Nav is a neutral, sunroof a deal killer.

ATLHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
What is the bookmark link for?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Skip the sunroof on a few. I bought my 1320 at your dealership when they first came in, and I never would've gotten a sunroof if I could've ordered a 1320 for the same deal I purchased off the lot. And if for some reason, you get some one to purchase a 50 and they want you to swap out the wheels for something custom.....I'd be interested in buying the wheels :)

OP
Koons_Dodge
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Thanks all, very helpful. Order bank had IT issues for most of the day on our end so I'm just now getting around to the orders. I'm going to order a couple without sunroof and just nav and HK. HK seems to be something we missed the boat on for the Hellcats.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I love the HK in the Hellcat. Whatever car I buy in the future must have the best factory stereo available for that model

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I love the HK in the Hellcat. Whatever car I buy in the future must have the best factory stereo available for that model
I'm actually pretty surprised by the Alpine in my 1320. It sounds pretty good, and a helluva lot better than those Infinity ones that were in my Ram trucks.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm actually pretty surprised by the Alpine in my 1320. It sounds pretty good, and a helluva lot better than those Infinity ones that were in my Ram trucks.
The Alpine in our 2018 Jeep GC sounds really good as well. I wonder if the 1320 has the same speaker setup?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The Alpine in our 2018 Jeep GC sounds really good as well. I wonder if the 1320 has the same speaker setup?
I wouldn't be surprised if it used the same speakers....or at least some of them. I think it only has 6.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thanks all, very helpful. Order bank had IT issues for most of the day on our end so I'm just now getting around to the orders. I'm going to order a couple without sunroof and just nav and HK. HK seems to be something we missed the boat on for the Hellcats.
Hey Koons I’m a local and I know Jim Delagado personally and I buy cars from all your Koons stores. Here is an idea you should have access to Dodge 2019 orders with exact specs. I would use this as an example order for the 50th. Just an idea since it’s a so called unique lol badged car so I would do my research first before ordering a bunch.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Alpine in the Jeep has 9 amplified speakers with subwoofer.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The Alpine in the Jeep has 9 amplified speakers with subwoofer.
Well....if everything works out Saturday......I'll be in that same boat :)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well....if everything works out Saturday......I'll be in that same boat :)
Good luck. Hope that Hemi Jeep is what you are looking for! I don’t know what radio’s We’re available in the 2013’s?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Good luck. Hope that Hemi Jeep is what you are looking for! I don’t know what radio’s We’re available in the 2013’s?
It's got the stereo with nav and the 9 speakers with subwoofer in it. It's Limited with the Luxury Group 2 that adds the cooled seats, power liftgate, and the heated wheel. It's down to between a Hemi Jeep and a Highlander. I think the Hemi Jeep will be more my style than the Highlander :)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sounds like a nice one! It should have the 2 position memory driver seat and power driver and passenger seat.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Sounds like a nice one! It should have the 2 position memory driver seat and power driver and passenger seat.
Yep, has both of those. Whoever owned it before took it to the selling dealer for all the maintenance. Oil changes every 3-4k miles. It really looks good in the pics both interior and exterior. I'm hoping it looks as good in person given the long drive I'm taking. I've got two others to look at if this one falls through. The one I was watching at Safford sold.

OP
Koons_Dodge
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tysons Corner
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
Yep, has both of those. Whoever owned it before took it to the selling dealer for all the maintenance. Oil changes every 3-4k miles. It really looks good in the pics both interior and exterior. I'm hoping it looks as good in person given the long drive I'm taking. I've got two others to look at if this one falls through. The one I was watching at Safford sold.
You know we do GC group buy at 7% below invoice less rebate on the new ones :)