Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Car Stores Your Text Messages – Law Enforcement Can Retrieve Them Anytime

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/car-stores-text-messages-law-enforcement-can-retrieve/

This is no surprise, if you have nothing to hide, what’s the problem? Unless someone in gvt decides that you supported the “wrong” candidate maybe?

As we all know, this is not limited to texts. The phone crap doesn’t affect me as I do not do anything confidential with the phone, no cc transactions, no banking. What concerns me is driving info, no one needs to know I did 70 in a 65 zone.

I know there was a thread somewhere that discussed how to stop Stellantis from collecting data, I tried but the web link was 404.

Has anyone had success in stopping the monitoring by Stellantis, and beyond that, stop the car from saving data?

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Not mine, because I don't connect my phone to my car. For laughs, rent a car sometime and look at all of the information you can access from previous renters and their phones.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #3
Not mine, because I don't connect my phone to my car. For laughs, rent a car sometime and look at all of the information you can access from previous renters and their phones.
Funny you should say that! I rented a car in Orlando 2 weeks ago but all the previous info was in Spanish! :ROFLMAO: I tried to pair my phone but it said the Toyota app was not available in this country! :ROFLMAO:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/car-stores-text-messages-law-enforcement-can-retrieve/

This is no surprise, if you have nothing to hide, what’s the problem? Unless someone in gvt decides that you supported the “wrong” candidate maybe?

As we all know, this is not limited to texts. The phone crap doesn’t affect me as I do not do anything confidential with the phone, no cc transactions, no banking. What concerns me is driving info, no one needs to know I did 70 in a 65 zone.

I know there was a thread somewhere that discussed how to stop Stellantis from collecting data, I tried but the web link was 404.

Has anyone had success in stopping the monitoring by Stellantis, and beyond that, stop the car from saving data?
So...70 in a 65??? so you do have something to hide:oops::oops::oops:;)

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #5
So...70 in a 65??? so you do have something to hide:oops::oops::oops:;)
Whut?!?! You want me to admit to 100 on entrance ramps?!?!? Not going to happen!!! :ROFLMAO:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

This has the #'s you need to call (you have to call both to completely kill it off) to kill the tracking crap:

https://www.driveuconnect.com/connectedservices/privacy.html

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Funny you should say that! I rented a car in Orlando 2 weeks ago but all the previous info was in Spanish! :ROFLMAO: I tried to pair my phone but it said the Toyota app was not available in this country! :ROFLMAO:
It's hilarious if someone leaves their phone unattended. Grab it and change the language to Korean. Hilarity ensues.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!

I did a how to, to disable the car's onboard cell. Disables all inbound and outbound cellcomms.

https://www.hellcatforum.org/index.php?threads/9591/

It is a simple FAKRA D connector, with a 10k ohm resistor soldered in place, to fool HAL9000, so it doesn't throw a code.

I recently received a letter from Sirius/XM letting me know they turned on service for 3 months, absolutely free. More monitoring, so I built another dongle to disable the Satcomm... another bi-directional snoop. Still have to install but I am 100% sure it will work, as planned.

Pretty sure I have enough parts, for one, or two cell blockers. Let me know if you want one, OP. Glad to build and ship.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #9
I did a how to, to disable the car's onboard cell. Disables all inbound and outbound cellcomms.

https://www.hellcatforum.org/index.php?threads/9591/

It is a simple FAKRA D connector, with a 10k ohm resistor soldered in place, to fool HAL9000, so it doesn't throw a code.

I recently received a letter from Sirius/XM letting me know they turned on service for 3 months, absolutely free. More monitoring, so I built another dongle to disable the Satcomm... another bi-directional snoop. Still have to install but I am 100% sure it will work, as planned.

Pretty sure I have enough parts, for one, or two cell blockers. Let me know if you want one, OP. Glad to build and ship.
Thanks, but I am not 100% sure I understand what this does. I'm (or was) an engineer, only a ME, not a smart EE like you! What exactly does this do? Does it block all communication between my cell and car? And, if so, will I no longer be able to use the touch screen to call and navigate via my phone?

Beyond the phone, what else does it do?

As I said, I do nothing confidential on my phone, and I like to be able to use the phone to navigate and make calls via the touchscreen.

Thanks!

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks, but I am not 100% sure I understand what this does. I'm (or was) an engineer, only a ME, not a smart EE like you! What exactly does this do? Does it block all communication between my cell and car? And, if so, will I no longer be able to use the touch screen to call and navigate via my phone?

Beyond the phone, what else does it do?

As I said, I do nothing confidential on my phone, and I like to be able to use the phone to navigate and make calls via the touchscreen.

Thanks!
Your car has an integrated cell. My dongle blocks all bi-directional cellcomms associated with that device. No OTA updates. No 911, originating from the car. Your phone 911 will work just fine.

It does not block comms, between your phone and the car. It blocks comms from the car's cell to big brother.

When using bluetooth, your car is a giant bluetooth speaker. It does not relay calls, through the car.

Nav. Good.

Bluetooth pairing (music and phone calls). Good.

Sirius. Good.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #11
Your car has an integrated cell. My dongle blocks all bi-directional cellcomms associated with that device. No OTA updates. No 911, originating from the car. Your phone 911 will work just fine.

It does not block comms, between your phone and the car. It blocks comms from the car's cell to big brother.

When using bluetooth, your car is a giant bluetooth speaker. It does not relay calls, through the car.

Nav. Good.

Bluetooth pairing (music and phone calls). Good.

Sirius. Good.
I'll take 2! PM sent!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This is backdoor after the US govt was told to stop spying… now they go to corporations and buy under aliases and shells.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Finished 5 cell blockers, this morning.

Easy installation.

Ready to ship.

Reversible, if you change your mind.

Pay shipping and you can enjoy giving big brother the bird.