Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Buying another Hellcat

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #141
Ever fly an F4? Along with the A1E’s they saved our bacon many times in Laos.
I haven't, not many of them left flying. Definitely a bucket list item though.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
In their day one of the finest close air support aircraft there was. Of course I’m a little biased. LOL

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
loiter time

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
As long as you’re not super picky about options that works. Unfortunately someone like me prob wouldnt find exactly the right options. Dealers order the weirdest combos.
The only options were the HK stereo and carbon fiber stripes. I didn’t want a sunroof or Summer performance tires. You just have to search the new car inventories on line. You can’t really order too many weird combos with the Hellcat and somewhere out there is a combination you will like.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
@AeroF16, If you're looking at ordering, might want to talk with Martin Dodge in Bowling Green, KY. With the "Speedy Special" that @Speedy worked out for all of us (thank you,sir!), they're offering "true dealer cost" -> Invoice minus Dealer holdback, plus any incentives in play at delivery. Before incentives, works out to be just about 4% below invoice (same as Koons). There was only a $20 difference between their price and Koons when I contacted both of them in March. I ended up going with Martin, just because they were much more personable when I spoke with them (goes a long way with me). The folks at Martin Dodge have treated very well.

If you're thinking of driving it back, would be a tad shorter trip to AZ.

Just an option. Good luck!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
@AeroF16, If you're looking at ordering, might want to talk with Martin Dodge in Bowling Green, KY. With the "Speedy Special" that @Speedy worked out for all of us (thank you,sir!), they're offering "true dealer cost" -> Invoice minus Dealer holdback, plus any incentives in play at delivery. Before incentives, works out to be just about 4% below invoice (same as Koons). There was only a $20 difference between their price and Koons when I contacted both of them in March. I ended up going with Martin, just because they were much more personable when I spoke with them (goes a long way with me). The folks at Martin Dodge have treated very well.

You think martin dodge would offer holdback if I had EP? Who's the contact over there?

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #147

Didn't even know that was a thing, thanks for the info!

I'm definitely not against taking a nice cross country trip in a new Hellcat. Always wanted to make a long trip in my old one but it never happened!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
May as " hell yes" to that deal.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Didn't even know that was a thing, thanks for the info!

I'm definitely not against taking a nice cross country trip in a new Hellcat. Always wanted to make a long trip in my old one but it never happened!
If taking a flight, room and board, into consideration the deal may not be quite as good. Not when you can buy in Utah for a good price.

But money aside, for me it would be that it's nearly impossible to break (especially the diff gears) in correctly on a trip like that is the deal breaker.

I'm only 450 miles from my dealer (in Utah), but trailer the vehicles home. That way I can check everything before even driving them, and do the break-in correctly.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I broke mine in to Chattanooga- Atlanta and back. Did it by the book cause that puter will tell on ya.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Did it by the book cause that puter will tell on ya.
Unfortunately, the book doesn't take the diff gears into consideration. Breaking in a ring and pinion correctly is entirely different from the rest of the drive train.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes it does,,, learned that thru the GMAC prou ducts. Learned about lifters and elevations with multi carbs, hydrolicls vs solids and rejetting in the mountains with the HDs. Alot to learn when you stay up all night rejeting a quad carb chopper so we could ride thru the Smokey"s the next day. Shine is gone. 4 each single Mc Cuni cabs are hard to sync at 1 am in the morn. Young and full of testa rone,,, getter dun. I wasz in Bowlinggreen when it waz a cowboy town. After the last years I went I made alot of $$$ runing 1/8 of a mile HD against the Cows 1,200 at the time. I had my engine builder and frame builder with me to split the $$$. The clubs took over the camp grounds then the town and the trroubles we had getting there, THP, we left early. Do not miss those days. Fun but alot of work. I think they still race at that track.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
@2pac , I'm not sure, EP is already lower than invoice, your best bet would be to call Mark Harrer, their online sales manager at (270)846-0600, ask him about the Speedy Special.

@AeroF16, no worries. Hope it helps. The trip home for me was great, the car ran beautifully.

@Jimmy N. , true about the cost. But when I factored in Xpel in Nashville vice the d.c area, the flight (points), room, gas, car and xpel, it was cheaper overall to buy from Martin vice Koons - Xpel was over 1000 more here than Nashville. The break in was on my mind as well, I did the best I could.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Glad you got's to make the trip of a life time. Next month I am fixin to take one of those. Let's put the sharp ass Stell er to put up before westabb our foot again,, on blood thinners?? Not so good. Laurie has been pu tin up with me fer 3 days. Then off to the un dis closed hospital, but Laurie got to sea the pain I have been going thru. It is tough. Can't due much in the ho spit al.