Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Buyers Order/Purchase Order when ordering

AJ's_BadKitty

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fresno
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Soon - 2022 Challenger HCWB
Hello, is anyone else having a hard time getting a buyers order or purchase order from dealer when ordering? Dealer is very reluctant to give me a buyers order, stating they couldn't really guarantee the msrp would not change, which I understand, however, shouldn't I be able to lock in the OTD for my order? I did leave a $500 refundable deposit, but feel uneasy without a singed buyers ordee/deal sheet/purchase order, whatever it's called. Thanks all

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello, is anyone else having a hard time getting a buyers order or purchase order from dealer when ordering? Dealer is very reluctant to give me a buyers order, stating they couldn't really guarantee the msrp would not change, which I understand, however, shouldn't I be able to lock in the OTD for my order? I did leave a $500 refundable deposit, but feel uneasy without a singed buyers ordee/deal sheet/purchase order, whatever it's called. Thanks all

The only aspect of a purchase that should be "variable" is the existence of factory rebates, which I've seen as applicable at the time of possession.

Every other part of the deal should be contractually determined at purchase (now) including what you are buying. What usually happens in short order (days?) is the VON.

If you're not comfortable with the arrangement, there are so many dealerships for you to deal with, theres no need to lock yourself to a single location.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Check with chapman/koons/or the kentucky dealer if you are on the east coast, they are all doing 5% below invoice or roughly 9% off msrp.

Chapman is even taking deposit free orders.

F*ck these other dealers, the major players are changing the way orders are done.

Another member on here has a great dealer in utah as well.

Don't waste your time with a clueless cdjr dealer.

OP
A

AJ's_BadKitty

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fresno
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I have heard these guys mentioned many times, unfortunately I live in CA....I hate CA

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have heard these guys mentioned many times, unfortunately I live in CA....I hate CA
You could move to Seattle ..or even here to NY..@ least our homeless still know how to use toilets...

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I have a very clear, locked in, agreed price for my buyers order from Craig at Koons. VERY easy to place the order and encourage you to look around. I had several dealers jerk me around prior to meeting Craig. It may be worth it to ship the car to CA.. just saying.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
@Jimmy N. Has a dealer in Utah, get it shipped from Utah.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You could move to Seattle ..or even here to NY..@ least our homeless still know how to use toilets...
Because its cold.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
There's no "set way" that any of that has to happen. You can negotiate anything you want, any way you want (no guarantee the dealer will go for it, but you can always ask - I got one in Houston to offer me unlimited Goodyear Eagle GT replacements whenever they were down to the wear bars, including putting it in writing that I could sit in the parking lot and roast them and they'd put on a new set). If they tell you "it has to be this way" or what have you, what they're really saying is "this is the way we want it to be". You do not have to deal with that unless you want to. Walk, do your homework, talk to other dealers. Shipping is cheap. Or if you have the time, pick the car up.

EDIT: once upon a time in this country the courts protected people from what are called adhesion contracts, which is when one party really has no choice because there are no other options open, so they have to sign something that would normally be unconscionable. For example, signing away your right to a jury trial against your employer in order to get, or keep, a job. But I digress.

OP
A

AJ's_BadKitty

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fresno
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
There's no "set way" that any of that has to happen. You can negotiate anything you want, any way you want (no guarantee the dealer will go for it, but you can always ask - I got one in Houston to offer me unlimited Goodyear Eagle GT replacements whenever they were down to the wear bars, including putting it in writing that I could sit in the parking lot and roast them and they'd put on a new set). If they tell you "it has to be this way" or what have you, what they're really saying is "this is the way we want it to be". You do not have to deal with that unless you want to. Walk, do your homework, talk to other dealers. Shipping is cheap. Or if you have the time, pick the car up.

EDIT: once upon a time in this country the courts protected people from what are called adhesion contracts, which is when one party really has no choice because there are no other options open, so they have to sign something that would normally be unconscionable. For example, signing away your right to a jury trial against your employer in order to get, or keep, a job. But I digress.
Thank you, man! Great info! I did end up canceling my order with dealer, esp after other were willing to match AND lock in the agreed upon OTD at ordering! I have heard shipping is easy, I may need to look at that! Thanks again!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thank you, man! Great info! I did end up canceling my order with dealer, esp after other were willing to match AND lock in the agreed upon OTD at ordering! I have heard shipping is easy, I may need to look at that! Thanks again!
I throw up all my jobs on the official shipping network. Pm me if you need anything shipped.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Stopwatch has a great reputation and claims to have arranged shipping of some 500 TRXs by now.
I used them for a little Can-Am recently and was impressed.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Stopwatch has a great reputation and claims to have arranged shipping of some 500 TRXs by now.
I used them for a little Can-Am recently and was impressed.
Wanna know something funny? They all use the same shipping network to grab jobs along the way.

99.9% of car shippers, transporter, brokers, relocation services all use central dispatch.

Often times I find if you contact a shipper directly their rates are a lot higher.

Something to be said of quality as well, but most companies have reviews on the site for a reason.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only way I've ever seen to circumvent that is to call small, family or single truck shippers you know personally.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wanna know something funny? They all use the same shipping network to grab jobs along the way.
Yeah, I asked how they did it, compared to most any other broker. And they had a very logical explanation to why they had good control of their drivers.

Only way I've ever seen to circumvent that is to call small, family or single truck shippers you know personally.
There is another way, Magnified. I know myself personally, and have the tow vehicles and trailers to transport most vehicles.
But while I've been asked to do it for others, I often don't have the time to do it for myself.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I left that out - if I was going to take the trailer to get it, I'd just drive the car back :)

!!!hangingontheedge.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'd drive back, too. But I hate walking, and the dealer is 450 miles away.

More painful than walking, I couldn't handle doing proper break-in on a trip like that. Let alone check all fluids and lots of fasteners before driving it.

Although, I suppose that if it was a 4-door I wouldn't be all that concerned about break-in and fluid levels.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yeah, I asked how they did it, compared to most any other broker. And they had a very logical explanation to why they had good control of their drivers.

There is another way, Magnified. I know myself personally, and have the tow vehicles and trailers to transport most vehicles.
But while I've been asked to do it for others, I often don't have the time to do it for myself.
I haven't run into bad shippers yet on central dispatch but I always outsource to the highest rate companies. I did have that carnival delivered from colorado to PA and the delivered was delayed because the driver had a flat, but they reached out to me and stayed in contact until the vehicle was delivered.

I can handle a vehicle being late, a vehicle being damaged however is something that I will not tolerate.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I have some horror stories from car transports through basic brokers. For example, there was no damage, but that my girlfriend's 911 Turbo S arrived intact was dumb luck.
Well, she did crack a rib when crawling in through the passenger side window, to turn the steering wheel.

Took a couple of hours of creative winching and such to get that car out of the trailer. Why? The dufus had tied it with only two straps, diagonally. Needless to say, the car was millimeters from the trailer walls after the 1,000-mile trip.

That was the worst one, but her Redeye shipping wasn't much better. There's a reason she would only use Reliable Carriers now, if I can't go get the cars.

Ironically, I've had much better luck with having machinery transported.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'd drive back, too. But I hate walking, and the dealer is 450 miles away.

More painful than walking, I couldn't handle doing proper break-in on a trip like that. Let alone check all fluids and lots of fasteners before driving it.

Although, I suppose that if it was a 4-door I wouldn't be all that concerned about break-in and fluid levels.
Wouldn't have to be. 4 doors are better built. Just ask the cab company