Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Blackstone lab report

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I just received my report today.
I really don't know what any of that stuff means but I'm gonna compare with my next report.

IMG_2580.JPG

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I really don't know what any of that stuff means but I'm gonna compare with my next report.

View attachment 72850
I think that’s why they put the words at the top…

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
It’s a outstanding oil report, be happy, keep doing what your doing

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #4
OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #5

View attachment 72850
This is using SuperTech Walmart 5w-30 Full synthetic oil proving name brand oils in your Hellcat engine is not essential and with Mopar 899 filter.
I also run 90 octane no ethanol fuel.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Is 3000 miles a normal interval for you?

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #7
Is 3000 miles a normal interval for you?
No, I just wanted to get an oil analysis report because the car had 26,000 miles on it in 12 months.

I'll run this oil to 5000 miles and then get another report.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I wondered how the Super Tech oil would do but 5W30 is the wrong viscosity for a Hellcat and might impact VVT operations. Putting around town on 90 octane probably wont matter much but if you start getting after it I'd want 0W40. Oddly the Supe Tech is more expensive than Mobil 1 locally last I checked which I thought odd.

Report looks good and with 5.4 tbn left 5,000 miles oci will be no problem.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #9
I wondered how the Super Tech oil would do but 5W30 is the wrong viscosity for a Hellcat and might impact VVT operations. Putting around town on 90 octane probably wont matter much but if you start getting after it I'd want 0W40. Oddly the Supe Tech is more expensive than Mobil 1 locally last I checked which I thought odd.

Report looks good and with 5.4 tbn left 5,000 miles oci will be no problem.
Thanks for your reply Speedy!, I have been using 5W/10W-30 since after the first oil change at 660 miles in the Redeye and also in my previous 2019 Hellcat to 30k miles without any issues. Personally IMO it will not affect VVT operations or anything negative in the oil system. I did a lot of research on that beforehand. The Hellcat engines are tuned using 90 octane from the factory thus the reason it burns much cleaner and less soot in my oil and fuel.

Yes Super Tech oil has been going up in price pretty quickly but I bought 80 gallons a couple years ago when it was $19.98 and now it's $27.98.
Super Tech does not sell 0W 40 oil that I have seen.

The reason I use 5W/10W is because the oil gets past the oil seals which is the reason for Hellcat smoking when first crank. (this really bothers me) Since I have been using it I have seen significantly less to no smoking when starting. In the winter months I do use 0W 40. People think I'm full of shit and I'm OK with that but I do know what I'm talking about and those of you that think I'm full of shit, please carry on, nothing to see here.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Why do you think SRT spec'd 0W40 for the car?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
AFAIK, the W (winter rating) shouldn’t matter if the car isn’t driven in cold weather. 5 or 10W should be fine for moderate temps.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Thats why mine has a catch can, to keep from get the blue puff on start up. it catches very little, but takes very little to puff.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thanks for your reply Speedy!, I have been using 5W/10W-30 since after the first oil change at 660 miles in the Redeye and also in my previous 2019 Hellcat to 30k miles without any issues. Personally IMO it will not affect VVT operations or anything negative in the oil system. I did a lot of research on that beforehand. The Hellcat engines are tuned using 90 octane from the factory thus the reason it burns much cleaner and less soot in my oil and fuel.

Yes Super Tech oil has been going up in price pretty quickly but I bought 80 gallons a couple years ago when it was $19.98 and now it's $27.98.
Super Tech does not sell 0W 40 oil that I have seen.

The reason I use 5W/10W is because the oil gets past the oil seals which is the reason for Hellcat smoking when first crank. (this really bothers me) Since I have been using it I have seen significantly less to no smoking when starting. In the winter months I do use 0W 40. People think I'm full of shit and I'm OK with that but I do know what I'm talking about and those of you that think I'm full of shit, please carry on, nothing to see here.
Don't think you are full of it, but don't understand how the 5W/10W prevents oil getting past the seals?

5W/10W indicates by how well the oil flows at lower temperatures.

The 30 vs. 40 is high temperature viscosity.

Doesn't look like it matters for your driving conditions.

Thanks for sharing report.