Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone workout?

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Need a good gym thread.

And no I don't mean 12 oz arm curls :LOL:

ACMAVRO

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
3-5 times a week for past 10 years. It’s my therapy

DGatzby

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Purchased in house equipment at the end of last year and cancelled the gym membership. Best thing I EVER did! I am approaching what I consider the best shape I have been in for about 15 years! Also I feel great! Last month had my annual and all the blood work and vitals agree.

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
all my life.. 41 years old now, and now that Golds has closed up shop in my area ive built a home gym which mainly consist of a Heavy bag and pull up/dip station. I miss the heavy weights, but after 4 months my joints are thanking me and I havnt lost much muscle mass.

OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #5
Excellent. This month makes 33 years in the gym for me. Past few years had some injuries that have slowed me down but I'm still plugging along. Torn right pec that required surgery, frozen left shoulder that required surgery, and my back went out about a year and a half ago.

I'm a has been, use to could, powerlifter. Still lift somewhat heavy but my left shoulder has nothing left in it and needs to be replaced :-(

Still at it 4-6 times a week but mostly I live vicariously through my wife lol.

ACMAVRO

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Purchased in house equipment at the end of last year and cancelled the gym membership. Best thing I EVER did! I am approaching what I consider the best shape I have been in for about 15 years! Also I feel great! Last month had my annual and all the blood work and vitals agree.
all my life.. 41 years old now, and now that Golds has closed up shop in my area ive built a home gym which mainly consist of a Heavy bag and pull up/dip station. I miss the heavy weights, but after 4 months my joints are thanking me and I havnt lost much muscle mass.
Home gym here as well. Whenever the kids started getting old enough for after school activities me and my wife gave up our gym membership. I have a smith machine/rack with all the cables and dumbbells and she also has a peloton so were very happy with the home setup.

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I have a gym and have worked out off and on many years. I have taught my daughter my lifting techniques and she is so into the lifting like I was growing up. She just loves it and trains 7 days a week. 4 days power lifting 3 days cardio.
77B0FFC5-1DD5-4844-BC59-63EA3B840ABA.jpeg 6D48A950-6E7A-4F9D-BE65-6DBAA13DBAB5.jpeg

trancein

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
I do....

Grape Ape

Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Been at it off and on for about 35 years. I'm still in relatively good shape even though I'm carrying more around the middle than I have in several years. I just moved into a new house and when I get a little more settled in I plan on getting more focused. I still train fairly heavy. I guess it's just burned into my soul to do it even though my joints complain about it. It helps me keep my sanity though.

OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #10

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #12
Been at it off and on for about 35 years. I'm still in relatively good shape even though I'm carrying more around the middle than I have in several years. I just moved into a new house and when I get a little more settled in I plan on getting more focused. I still train fairly heavy. I guess it's just burned into my soul to do it even though my joints complain about it. It helps me keep my sanity though.
I feel your pain on both counts!

OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #13
Turned 16 in June and thank you.
Wow no s...? That's great! So many kids today into phones, game systems, etc.

She looks like in the future she (if she trains for it) could move massive amounts of weight.

OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #14
What's everyone's routines? I still follow Westside Barbell's principles and do 4 "cardio" workouts a week.

Just recently (first of the year) went vegan. Had to do something....weight, bp out of control. Also recently (past 3 months) started walking as well 3-4x a week.

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow no s...? That's great! So many kids today into phones, game systems, etc.

She looks like in the future she (if she trains for it) could move massive amounts of weight.
Right my kid does not sit around and I do a lot of things with her everyday which this makes a huge difference. Why the media teaches so many to look to others to take Care of your family blows me away. And my daughter loves cars, trucks, motorcycles, Atvs, boats, animals....etc. And I am a youth Basketball Girls coach as well.

OP
N

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #16
Wife is a Crossfit athlete. Trains 2x a day 5x a week. Hoping to make it to the Games here soon.

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wife is a Crossfit athlete. Trains 2x a day 5x a week. Hoping to make it to the Games here soon.
Awesome keep us posted so we can share the excitement.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Yes... I do. Have for 35 years. Powerlifting competitions back in the day but for now just conditioning and sparring. Years of heavy weights has made me sore. Still get in on a few Muay Thai tournaments but mostly for fun. Use to train with Emeric Delzig and Phil Hern back in the day and I filmed a few videos for them on their reverse negative lifts. Now trying to put together a studio to teach my nephew how to fight. I went down to the warehouse and started grabbing some of my equipment I use to sell back in the day. I think I am getting more excited in putting this together than he is... lol

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.15.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.12.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.14.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.12.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.12.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.14.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.15.06 AM.png

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Who was your idol and or mentor for getting you into working out? For me it was Arnold Schwarzenegger and also Franco Columbo, Lou Ferrigno, Joe Weider, Olivia Sergio, Mike Mentzer. I just about owned my own Gym back in the 90s which was a dream of mine growing up but just never played out.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Who was your idol and or mentor for getting you into working out? For me it was Arnold Schwarzenegger and also Franco Columbo, Lou Ferrigno, Joe Weider, Olivia Sergio, Mike Mentzer. I just about owned my own Gym back in the 90s which was a dream of mine growing up but just never played out.
This guy...