Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone here voting by Mail?

How are you voting this year?

• Total voters

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Curious to who here is voting by mail or in person and first time ever mail in Ballot for me.
777C86B6-8302-4F13-9E7B-C1C2312877E9.jpeg

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
We made absentee ballots in person last Friday here in Virginia since we will be out of State in November. I did not like the idea of mailing it in but would have done so if we could not vote in person.

Hunter

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Walk in. Show ID.
Get card.
Electronic voting.
Easy, peasy.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Walking in to vote in person.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Be sure to read the pic I posted which is encouraging on how you track your vote.

Paladin06

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queen Creek
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
ROFLMAO

MiHiHemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Get mine in the mail then drop it off, in person, at a dedicated drop box. I love it. Can take my time, drive up, drop off, no lines.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
St Petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Charger, 20 Durango SRT, 17 GT350. 98 C5
I've been voting by mail for years. At least since 2008. I drive by the polling location in my area and chuckle at the long lines. No thanks.

jroyk

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I like to fill out my ballot in person and put it into the machine that reads and tabulates it. I don’t trust the chain of custody with the mail. Is my mail person going to deliver it? Is the poll worker/township clerk that opens it going to record it properly?

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you don’t have the balls to show up then you don’t deserve the right to vote. You go to the market right? Also if you mail it in how do you know it doesn’t get tossed in the trash when they see how you voted? It’s tougher when you put it in the machine yourself.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
If you don’t have the balls to show up then you don’t deserve the right to vote. You go to the market right? Also if you mail it in how do you know it doesn’t get tossed in the trash when they see how you voted? It’s tougher when you put it in the machine yourself.
Wow jeez and makes me think of when electronic money transfers became available :unsure: the times of change sometimes are not for everyone lol.
I guess I am not reading the mail in ballot instructions correctly since it says you can track your ballot to make sure it was received and voted.

B707D904-00AB-4F68-9433-777F1EEADF23.jpeg

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
And for the record for all the anti mail in voting uhm how many ballot machines over the years have some how been like uh lost or they like crashed or something like that.

MiHiHemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I guess it must be different across the country. Everyone seems to think mailing it back is the only option. Colorado has adopted receive by mail, deliver in person, for years. True that I would never want to mail a ballot back but here, there is a more convenient option and it works great. Honestly, I would be less likely to vote if I was forced to go stand in a line. Call me unpatriotic but that’s the reality. Just because my parents used to have to take hours out their day to vote doesn’t mean I have to. Especially when a better option is out there.

Jack_Toepfer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I have to stand in a line?
I'm starting to rethink this voting thing...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Something to think about in my scenario I personally had to register and have proof of identity to be allowed to mail in vote. And then had to wait for confirmation and eventually receive the mail in packet which took about a month to receive. And yeah I get the Dems wanting to do a mass mailing to allow anyone vote and no I do not support that loose of voting option.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Town
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
You can track it but how do you know it hasn't been tampered with?
I sincerely believe anything can be tampered with and sometimes you have to believe and have faith. If you think about it the mail is going to the Leesburg Ballot office and I could personally call them and ask them to verify my vote and remember tampering with mail is a serious federal crime. So you have to ask yourself if you are willing to do this when you work at the voting office and mail in only office. And in todays world probably cameras in the room as well and they would have to throw mine in the trash to modify it since there is no way you could modify it without taking the ballot home and getting white out which yeah cant see that flying. And the mail in ballot is misinformed for many meaning the idea of sending everyone an option to vote without actual the process that is required to be registered to vote is really a bad idea. And yes that IMO opens incredible cheating in voting. And sadly where you and I live Loudon is Liberal and most likely will be liberal vote win and State as well and yeah wish I was wrong but way too many Government Workers who vote Dem no matter what.

MiHiHemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
We have to re-register every 4 years so I guess it helps keep the dead guys from voting :)

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Town
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I sincerely believe anything can be tampered with and sometimes you have to believe and have faith. If you think about it the mail is going to the Leesburg Ballot office and I could personally call them and ask them to verify my vote and remember tampering with mail is a serious federal crime. So you have to ask yourself if you are willing to do this when you work at the voting office and mail in only office. And in todays world probably cameras in the room as well and they would have to throw mine in the trash to modify it since there is no way you could modify it without taking the ballot home and getting white out which yeah cant see that flying. And the mail in ballot is misinformed for many meaning the idea of sending everyone an option to vote without actual the process that is required to be registered to vote is really a bad idea. And yes that IMO opens incredible cheating in voting. And sadly where you and I live Loudon is Liberal and most likely will be liberal vote win and State as well and yeah wish I was wrong but way too many Government Workers who vote Dem no matter what.
If your going to mail in vote absentee ballot is the way to go and to further reduce the potential of corruption dropping it off at the election office will most certainly help. I agree the county is liberal but im hoping +++ that the civil unrest has woke the majority up. Cant get my head around why anyone would vote Democrat after this is beyond me. The curuption is so blatant you have to be blind not to see it. Save America Trump 2020!!!