Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Android auto and apple car play is missing

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Is there supposed to be a Android auto/Apple car play in the app section? I don't have the android auto or apple car play app in this section. Any thoughts?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Is there supposed to be a Android auto/Apple car play in the app section? I don't have the android auto or apple car play app in this section. Any thoughts?
Just plug in your phone. Be sure to active car play in your phone and the phone is paired to your car. Should be easy. My wife’s new Durango was so much easier than both of my Hellcats.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Yep. Nothing in the app section of Uconnect.

You do need to have the Android Auto app on your Android phone then follow the prompts on your car screen and phone.

CarPlay no app needed, just plug in your iPhone and also follow the setup prompts. Be warned, the first time I plugged my wife's iPhone into her new Jeep it took a few minutes to load.

When it recognizes the phone and loads AA or CP the phone/bluetooth icon at the bottom will change to the AA or CP icon.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #4
Yep. Nothing in the app section of Uconnect.

You do need to have the Android Auto app on your Android phone then follow the prompts on your car screen and phone.

CarPlay no app needed, just plug in your iPhone and also follow the setup prompts. Be warned, the first time I plugged my wife's iPhone into her new Jeep it took a few minutes to load.

When it recognizes the phone and loads AA or CP the phone/bluetooth icon at the bottom will change to the AA or CP icon.

thank you for this video. it really helped resolve this issue for me.

Jungle Jim

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brandenburg
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Android auto is only good for those with 2017 and newer. Those of us with 2015/16 are out of luck.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Android auto is only good for those with 2017 and newer. Those of us with 2015/16 are out of luck.
Not totally out of luck. You could swap the radio and USB hub if you really want the feature. It's not cheap though.