Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

A question to anyone here that knows of working Government Employees

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
This Covid 19 has truly killed many many many businesses and I am curious to know if anyone here can share a story about this subject. As far as I know no Government Employees State and Federal have taking a pay cut and or been laid off. I could be naive in this being I live in the richest Government based employees in the country and the Richest County in the country Loudoun County VA. Share any stories if you have any but talk about the destroy the small business owners to the max its been a success. My company has taking a huge hit and my customers as well and yet the tax man still wants all the money they can get. The MEDIA will not share what going on and for anyone that understands the Payroll Protection Plan wow what a scam to the max. Just think about this mathematical equation as a business owner: You borrow 1k (I know small but its an example) and you pay your employee 1k which $300 goes to payroll taxes and then the Government 1099's your business for the 1k which would be another $300 plus dollars to the government. Now add the two equations up and you have paid the Government $1,300.00. And you're now on the hook to pay back the money I mean WOW WTF. Incredible economic times and Government takeover right around the corner.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I’m one of those guilty government employees you speak of. I’m in law enforcement so I can’t be laid off and are considered essential. I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I’m one of those guilty government employees you speak of. I’m in law enforcement so I can’t be laid off and are considered essential. I guess

This is not a personal attack against anyone here its the reality of people outside of government are getting killed.

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
My daughter has almost 30 yrs with the Federal government. She was completely off for about 3 months at full pay and is now working one week on and one week off and it is still at full pay. She cannot work from home because she would not be able to have a secured network.

Last edited:

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
This is not a personal attack against anyone here its the reality of people outside of government are getting killed.
Didn’t take it as one. Trust me I know.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
My daughter has almost 30 yrs with the Federal government. She was completely off for about 3 months at full pay and is now working one week on and one week off and it is still at full pay. She cannot work from home because she would not be able to have a secured network.
Thanks for sharing.

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
It’s good for her. My philosophy is get everything you can. No problem.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
It’s good for her. My philosophy is get everything you can. No problem.
Right and my wife is Federal Employee National Park service and she has worked eery day since Covid but at home due to her position. A lot of people cannot relate to the reality of the total destruction this shut down the country has done. And just have to wonder when the true picture starts to play out.

Deano

Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
We (this country) will be dealing with the effects of this crap long after I'm dead and gone.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
I don't directly know anyone that has been furloughed but I do know that "non-essential" state-employees have had to take days. They structured it based on your salary, the higher it was, the more days you had to take.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Cities all over the country are laying off employees. I know in my area several cities/towns have let people go. Reduced tax revenue on top of not being able to open facilities like rec centers, pools, civic centers, etc has had large impacts on these communities. If businesses aren't doing well local governments aren't doing well. Unlike the feds they can't run a deficit in most states and when tax revenue is reduced they have to make cuts like everybody else.

https://fortune.com/2020/06/06/government-job-loss-public-workers-unemployment/

Bowtie Guy

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Your in law enforcement in IL

You deserve whatever pay your getting & then some !

STAY SAFE !!!

Paladin06

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queen Creek
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

That's the problem with government employees, they can not be laid off. I call bullshit on that.

Deano

Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Law enforcement can be and has been laid off. Direct personal knowledge. Just glad I have been retired for 10 years now, so don't face it any longer. Besides, who would want to be in LE today with all of the hate, no respect, malicious prosecution for doing the job and lack of support.

Last edited:

why2kmax

Founding Member
Premium Account
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger DG 1320
Im in the same Boat but volunteered to work 1-2 days a week because someone had to keep going in . Still, I had nearly the entire summer off and cant work from home because of the same network concerns. My agency will now require anyone who doesnt come in because of reduced manning to "keep people safe" will have to telework doing unclassified stuff. Its virtually the same thing but at least they are trying to make people productive.

here is a business in PA that fought back and won.

https://local21news.com/news/local/lebanon-county-restaurant-wins-lawsuit-against-gov-tom-wolf

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I think we wont have any small shops left after this second lockdown. Seems like we'll get at least some of December without lockdown and likely be able to spend Christmas with family. Unfortunately I think people will just do their shopping online and local retailers won't pick up much trade in such a short time period. And as for restaurants and hotels, they're dead in the water.

We could possibly go back into lockdown afterward Christmas too as Government has said furlough could be extended until beginning of March. How the country can afford it is beyond my understanding but the focus appears to be trying to keep unemployment down as much as possible. If Covid isn't enough to kill our economy then Biden and Brexit will finish it off.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised this is the government employees thread, thought I was in a general Covid/Economy one :rolleyes:

landoawd

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
We're quasi-governmental, and in an industry that took a massive revenue hit, and have not laid anyone off to date. We are offering early retirement incentives, but at most, would turn 1/10 of the workforce out with those. Only a couple have taken it.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
I think we wont have any small shops left after this second lockdown. Seems like we'll get at least some of December without lockdown and likely be able to spend Christmas with family. Unfortunately I think people will just do their shopping online and local retailers won't pick up much trade in such a short time period. And as for restaurants and hotels, they're dead in the water.

We could possibly go back into lockdown afterward Christmas too as Government has said furlough could be extended until beginning of March. How the country can afford it is beyond my understanding but the focus appears to be trying to keep unemployment down as much as possible. If Covid isn't enough to kill our economy then Biden and Brexit will finish it off.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised this is the government employees thread, thought I was in a general Covid/Economy one :rolleyes:

I can move this for you if you like, but first 50 lashes in Public Square for posting in the wrong thread...