Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #581
I wonder if they could do the thing that Carroll Shelby did with some of his VIN numbers (third hand story/info, could be very wrong), he "started" some VINs, but never finished them, then tried to use them many years later and tried to claim the old regs for those VINs...
Good thinking, but don’t they have to be built by 12-31 And what was the caveat that allowed Shelby to build decades later with different compliances ie DOT, EPA etc

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
Well, as it would seem, fate is saving me from burning the money.
Is it the absence of information or did you get definitive news?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Is it the absence of information or did you get definitive news?

Absence

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good thinking, but don’t they have to be built by 12-31 And what was the caveat that allowed Shelby to build decades later with different compliances ie DOT, EPA etc

There must be some threshold, for example like when Ford built a bunch of truck, minus the "chips", and then put them out in the parking lot, at what I might guess was 95% complete.

But might that count as "built" for the sake of the government? If that's the case, I wonder what the rule is regarding that level of "completeness" is and how far could you push that?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Ah thanks
I remember Obama doing the 54MPG and thinking WTF is he doing?
Either way, if people don't buy then they bail out the car companies again.
Government will probably regulate/mess with aftermarket parts manufacturing to increase cost and stall long-term ownership for our vehicles we want to keep longer. If History is any indication this is likely.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Not always the worst thing, sometimes they are deciding how to handle the situation.

At least you didn't have a dealer agree to msrp and then call you later saying the owner is actually gonna end up taking it which is code for the owner is gonna buy it, hold it and flip it, or the "we can't honor our 10k markup," because management got so many calls of people wanting to pay 50k+ over, even though we technically signed a paper saying we would sell you the car.

This whole situation has made me realize after the hellcats are gone I'm never gonna deal with a dodge dealer again.

I think we have to remember we are dealing with dealers that are used to selling darts, most don't have a clue on how to retain high end customers.

The level of arrogance is hilarious too, I had one guy tell me this car is gonna be worth 500k so what's 100k markup if you can't afford it you can't afford it.... So I told him "listen I know ur used to selling avengers and darts but ur selling a car with a 60-70k motor for 100k, ur not selling a 992 gt3rs or a ferrari monza, he got very quiet for a second and then said sorry sir unfortunately that's what our management has told us. I felt bad for blowing up on him but I'm just trying to enjoy the car.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Imlay City
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Scat Pack
There must be some threshold, for example like when Ford built a bunch of truck, minus the "chips", and then put them out in the parking lot, at what I might guess was 95% complete.

But might that count as "built" for the sake of the government? If that's the case, I wonder what the rule is regarding that level of "completeness" is and how far could you push that?
Hi,

Believe GM did the same thing with covid vehicles and in 21 both Ford and GM scrapped them so they got a tax write off. Also now days I think they have such evolving emissions regulations they couldn't be relabled as 21s.

My guess would be because Shelby was such a low production that either they were given vin numbers as a block, back then or treated as a kit car to register them as continuation cars.

Regards,
Jim