Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Power Dollars expiring?

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I bought my car last year and heard the "sense of loss" pitch since September. LOL!
Dodge does this to make us hurry up and buy the cars.

They know this is one of their best selling ploys.

Buy the car when you are ready, do not let a sales pitch make you buy :)

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Read the ask car sales forum on Reddit and its filled with salesman talking about their typical FCA customer with bad credit trying to roll tons of negative equity into a Dodge Journey. I just don’t think their dealers emphasize customer service. I currently own a couple of Fords and a Toyota both brands are miles ahead on customer service if still not great.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #23
Read the ask car sales forum on Reddit and its filled with salesman talking about their typical FCA customer with bad credit trying to roll tons of negative equity into a Dodge Journey. I just don’t think their dealers emphasize customer service. I currently own a couple of Fords and a Toyota both brands are miles ahead on customer service if still not great.
I mean I guess I get the fact tht the typical Journey buyer trying to dig themselves in even deeper would jade them but what about the $90k+ Red Eye buyer with perfect credit and no negative equity? C'mon FCA sales people - wake up.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
That's a bunch of cop out bullshit by those posters. Because 1) most salespeople in dealerships move around constantly because they get pissed off or a better gig at another dealer where they think the grass is greener, so they aren't lifetime FCA salespeople. 2) I can assure you, bad credit runs rampant in our culture, and GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, etc. get customers who are just as financially constrained as FCA. They aren't all running out to buy FCA vehicles.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'll echo what Tannehill and Slowpoke said, these are flagship vehicles, 70k+ cars with a vast majority having very good credit and no negative equity.

Also r/askcarsales is littered with false info.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
That's a bunch of cop out bullshit by those posters. Because 1) most salespeople in dealerships move around constantly because they get pissed off or a better gig at another dealer where they think the grass is greener, so they aren't lifetime FCA salespeople. 2) I can assure you, bad credit runs rampant in our culture, and GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, etc. get customers who are just as financially constrained as FCA. They aren't all running out to buy FCA vehicles.
Don’t disagree with you the vast majority of the vehicles I’ve owned in the last 20 years have been FCA and it’s predecessor. The customer service at the Dodge dealerships I’ve dealt with has been the absolute bottom of the barrel. Actually the best I’ve dealt with has been Hyundai as my wife has driven several which I know attracts plenty of credit challenged customers. Not sure why FCA sucks so bad but that’s one of their excuses.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The sales people move around like crabs in a porty et at a rockets concert. Sell autos to all yall friends, dopers, and shiners and move on. Car salesmen, women,,, even better more to offer. Do not have a nutt of a wing nut. Find one next week down the road. I did have a very good experience with a FCA agent last year with the dealer and could not ask for any situation any better. Now, do to warranty issues, I have to go back to the original dealership I purchased from. They suck. Dayton Andrews. St Pete.

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
FCA is a terrible company wrt customer service. They do not police their dealers at all. They hire a 3rd party to listen, apologize, and make false promises.

I was finally considering placing another order after taking a year to cool off after my 1st disaster. Learned GG tax up on challenger. Large local dealer- despite supposedly stellar customer service rating- would do nothing special to earn my business on pricing. I should buy from them just because they’re that good. They’ve been advertising $500 off for “essential workers”, but when I implied that would at least account for the GG tax increase, they claimed I don’t qualify- it’s for “1st responders” only. Lol

And they are probably one of the better examples. Then you have FCA garbage pricing structure. Same sunroof costs $700 more for HC vs. SP... Most of the options are identical equipment accross trim levels but you get hit with increase there as well as monthly bumps in base price. Great cars- I’m envious of all the folks here that own one, but my oh my, lots of BS to tolerate when building and buying one.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not to be pretentious, and I know dealers don't have a database of all customers they can call up to know who they are, but I've owned nearly a half a million dollars in FCAs top line cars in the last 10 years and I'm starting to get really pissed off at the customer service I get. Most know my history from service, or because I tell them what I have owned and what I am looking for (to save them the spiel), but I still often get the "we know it all" attitude, or they are dismissive, or snarky, or slimy.

It's why, unfortunately ,when I go into a dealer now I have to start off in "dick" mode as opposed to getting there after being treated crappy, just to be on alert and ready.
I would imagine its not just FCA...but the car business in general...some times it makes me think these are the jobs they give people that just got outta jail:unsure::unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
FCA is a terrible company wrt customer service. They do not police their dealers at all. They hire a 3rd party to listen, apologize, and make false promises.

I was finally considering placing another order after taking a year to cool off after my 1st disaster. Learned GG tax up on challenger. Large local dealer- despite supposedly stellar customer service rating- would do nothing special to earn my business on pricing. I should buy from them just because they’re that good. They’ve been advertising $500 off for “essential workers”, but when I implied that would at least account for the GG tax increase, they claimed I don’t qualify- it’s for “1st responders” only. Lol

And they are probably one of the better examples. Then you have FCA garbage pricing structure. Same sunroof costs $700 more for HC vs. SP... Most of the options are identical equipment accross trim levels but you get hit with increase there as well as monthly bumps in base price. Great cars- I’m envious of all the folks here that own one, but my oh my, lots of BS to tolerate when building and buying one.
Talk about getting hosed...with Demon orders...sunroof was 3500.00 over HC's

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
Talk about getting hosed...with Demon orders...sunroof was 3500.00 over HC's
Wow, yep it’s all smoke and mirrors with FCA. At least since they limited production for demon, you’ll recover that on resale.

FCA does produce some unique cars, and they have very good marketing talent at SRT. Sales? Customer service? I’ve received much, much better from Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota, and Honda.

Example: My RAM was in for 7 recalls. For the most recent, they cut out and replaced the entire catalyst. When I picked her up, the catalyst sticker was visible with the door closed. I thought, hmm. I hope whoever performed the work had greater attention to detail than the slob that placed the sticker. Going to have that expensive garbage (that doesn’t function as designed) cut out anyway.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm anal bout my cars...what drives me nuts..getting my car back from service departments with greasy finger prints...:mad: